KFC EAVI METAL Ditka (MP Blitzwing)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Darkprime, Aug 21, 2015.

1. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

But a fabulous shelf queen. :p 
    20180913_161843.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Galaxy Silver

Galaxy Silver Active Member

Ebay:
    Holy smokes. THANK YOU.

• Like Like x 2
  3. travis2153

travis2153 Member

Did wonders on my copy. My opinion of Ditka has changed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well I have the new reissue coming. Curious to see what improvements there are if any. Too bad I won’t have a frame of reference but is there anyone who is getting the reissue who has handled both?

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We're far enough out at this point that I'd rather just see someone else's stab at it. Preferably even official, at this point. I went with Ditka all those years ago because I preferred the alt-mode looks over what FansToys was offering at the time (that still hasn't materialized as anything concrete), but ultimately kinda regretted that purchase because there were so many little engineering niggles that put me off the figure. Overhauling the joint work won't be enough to save the toy, for me.

6. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

How dare you compare the Captain to Shitka? :mad: :D 

8. transformer_78

transformer_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    *Odd request.
    Any one here have both Ditka and Gelwalt?
    Wondering if someone can tell me if its possible to switch their heads onto each other's body? Are they compatible?
    Thanks in advance :) 

[​IMG]

9. cultofkraken

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    27DC8CD0-3D22-4090-86E2-12BE33CDB4BF.jpeg Well I got him today. Holy back heavy Batman. Still he looks good and he’s fun/easy to transform. Ran through all 3 modes. I think I have his heels mistransformed so his stability probably is an issue there but he stands just fine/knees are solid. Now waiting on Astrotrain to have the triple changer brutes together!

• Like Like x 1
  10. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

BBTS just got their pre-order Ditka's in-stock. $85 for this guy seems the best I've been able to find for any kind of MP Blitzwing. Need to release the Pile of Loot and get him in-hand.

11. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

I’ve got this bot incoming. Interested to see if he lives up to the negative criticisms.

He looks closer to the G1 toon in all modes vs DX9 Gewalt, so for aesthetics he wins for me.

12. JBrock

JBrock Well-Known Member

Is it really a reissue or old stock? KFC/XTB prices have soared lately so I cannot see how Ditka could be 50% off. I already have one and I'm all in on FT version when it arrives but 85 is a heck of a deal.

13. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    I got this in 2 months ago and sold it to a member here for a loss. It has shitty balance with his super wide A stance and even doing the mistransform heel spurs he still suck. This thing shouldn't have any diecast for his upper body to maintain balance.

14. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Idk, I quite like my Ditka. These guys looks awesome together

upload_2020-10-13_16-55-57.png

• Like Like x 13
  15. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

Just ordered this guy from BBTS, as he just has so much G1 toon and G1 toy wrapped up in one package. I really like the look of DX9' GeWalt in robot mode, but the other two modes just don't say Blitzwing to me, and I like to tranform my figures between their various modes.
    I have Fanstoys version pre-ordered, but I like Ditka's plane alt mode better, as it looks like the G1 toy. As well, I don't care for FT's price hike and.just the general nature of how FT does business, the price scalping culture that surrounds them and that they endorse and cultivate, and just the whole nature of FT's vibe/culture/people it attracks (not trying or meaning to offend anyone, but they do have a large segment of their fanbase that I have interacted with that I just fiND unpleasant, rude, elitist (somehow, over little toys robots, and many other things I want nothing to do with....again, this is not everyone by any means, I have plentry of FT figures on my shelf as well......ok, sorry for the rant).
    So...I hope I like Ditka and my copy is good.

16. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    @ibot Any chance for a "toon version"? If a correct beige and a touch darker purple version was released I wouldn´t wait for Berserk.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Jhiaxus

Jhiaxus Liege Centuro

Ebay:
    Just bought this on BBTS for $85. Worth it?

18. MinerEdgar

MinerEdgar Well-Known Member

Think that’s what I got mine for. For his size and look, yeah. Hes very much a display piece though. Tolerances on the joints are a bit rough for playing with it.

19. cultofkraken

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The only issue I have with my Ditka is the left leg wing is super floppy/loose. Also he’s just super back heavy. Luckily the knees and back heel supports can be manipulated to make him stable.

20. Jhiaxus

Jhiaxus Liege Centuro

Ebay:
    I got mine this morning and have already went through all 3 modes. The tank mode is undeniably the best since its the most stable. Next was the transformation to robot mode. It was a simple and easy enough transformation, but yeah, he is way too top heavy and you have to pose his legs in funny ways for him to stay upright. An A stance is just not possible with this thing. Finally was the jet mode. Hardest part for me was getting the front landing gear positioned right so I could pull the nosecone parts out. If you pull out all the landing gear wheels, he'll just lean straight back. If you fold in the back landing gear, he's pretty much sitting on the tank turret. He looks the part well enough, but if you're displaying him in robot mode, make sure he has some wall or another flat surface to lean against. Don't dare try to put him in the front row, or he'll fall backwards into everyone else and the domino effect is not fun.