KFC EAVI METAL Ditka (MP Blitzwing)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Darkprime, Aug 21, 2015.

1. ShmoopsMcGoo

ShmoopsMcGoo Well-Known Member

Yes, the replies have already exceeded expectations! :) 

Sorry for the folk that would like comparison info to see if there have been any updates. I don't have any way to do Ditka measuring contests.

2. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    This thing is a POS. I was kinda expecting it. The leg ratchets are weak and the thigh swivel is loose making him unable to stand. Also he has that shitty wide A stance KFC is known for. I'll probably put this on eBay for $50 and get some money back.

I do have to give it to them that with the huge backpack he is able to rotate his waist without untabbing unlike FT.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

:( 
    Sad to hear that. Mine arrives tomorrow.

4. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    I don't want to dig back, but was the knees or ankle joints needing replacements or both?

5. daddytron

I thought it was the knees and the heels. But this will be my first experience with this mold.

6. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just the ankle I think.

7. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    I checked YouTube for fixes and some guy got new ankle pieces and knee pieces but it still wasn't fully fixed...which I remembered from this thread.

8. Wheehs

Wheehs Well-Known Member

You can try turn the whole heel 90 degree. It will make him stand much solid.

9. Vakamadisk

Vakamadisk Well-Known Member

Did KFC ever make the Crazy face from Animated available? I think the figure already includes the Icy and the G1 face.

10. xueyue2

News Credits:
    It only includes 2 faces.

11. daddytron

Has anyone done the flipping the feet up test or otherwise confirmed whether these ones from BBTS have the improved parts installed?

Mine was delivered and brought into the house on Friday. I’ll be home tomorrow night and able to check it out if nobody answers before then.

12. xueyue2

News Credits:
    Mine was more than 1 year ago from BBTS, I had to install the parts myself.

• Like Like x 1
  13. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Got mine yesterday.

• He can't stand up in robot mode due to weight distribution and weak leg joints.
    • The tank 'wings" sag out to the sides since there's nothing to peg into and only friction holding them up
    • I can't find a way to lower the nosecone assembly enough to let the head turn without messing with the chest plate pegging in
    • The chest plate slides out of said tab area with little to no provocation
    • The limb ratchets are set at insanely wide intervals

But other than that...uh...it's a nice looking tank?

14. daddytron

Opened mine tonight. Definitely has its issues, discussed as nauseum in here, but for the $85 I feel like I got a screamin deal.

Biggest annoyance for me is the chest panel popping out when turning his head. Also find it annoying that his shoulder ratchets are insanely tight on both axes while his hip and knee joints are not nearly as tight as the non load bearing ones in the shoulders. I had to use tools to move that tan sliding piece that goes behind the nosecone. And it looks like it has stressmarks. I also had some difficulty maneuvering the purple back cover pieces around the diecast rear fins and pegging them in for plane mode. Due to clearances. Maybe I’m doing that wrong, I’ve watched all the video reviews and read this whole thread front to back and nobody else seemed to have a problem with that.

Mine definitely came with the V2 parts installed. Nothing included separately as far as replacement parts but oddly it came with a screwdriver. I tried Boomerdave’s thing with the ankles and couldn’t get the ankles into the position that indicates V1 parts. And the knee ratchets are sturdy enough.

Even with the new parts, it wouldn’t stand even with the heels fully extended. However, once I did the high heel mistransformation he is perfectly stable. No issues standing. Even got him into a decent Al Bundy pose with no problems. If you do the heel transformation as pictured you shouldn’t have any issues with stability.

Alt modes are very good. The tank is absolutely amazing...one of the best tanks I’ve seen period, even compared to dedicated tankformers. The plane is the goofy thing we know from the cartoon and the G1 toy, and it executes that well. Not as aesthetically pleasing to me as Gewalt’s but what it is supposed to be.

The tan is the darker color that is less than ideal, but it’s not a bad looking shade and not that far off from what it should have been. But it looks pretty good.

Overall, very pleased with it. I can recommend it without reservation. I even would have been pretty happy with it if I had paid $120.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  15. daddytron

I have a question. Going back to alt modes, is there a trick to collapsing the legs? I just can’t get mine to budge. The knee joints are nice and tight and I don’t want to beat them up trying to collapse the legs if I’m doing it wrong.

16. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of a lost kingdom

I wish my Ditka was able to just stand on his own and hold his gun. Replacement parts, heel trick, tightening some screws...nothing has helped. I almost don't believe it when people say their copy is fine. I truly hate mine and envy you guys.

• Like Like x 2
  17. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Agreed. I’ve no reason to think people are lying but the qa/qc on this figure is infuriating.

• Like Like x 2
  18. xueyue2

News Credits:
    Then it's really case-by-case. Once I put the replacement parts and with heel trick, it's very stable (for his huge backpack).

• Like Like x 2
  19. daddytron

Did you try angling everything in the pic so that the thruster is being pushed into the tan cover on the back of the calf? That’s the real trick to the whole thing. Even with the new parts the ankles have just enough give backwards for the back heaviness to tip it over. The thruster portions pushing into the calves blocks the ankles from tilting backwards.

There are tons of parts with movement that just feels unrefined. But so far everything works well enough on mine. He doesn’t hold his weapons the most securely but I have been able to get them to hold without too much time or effort.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I already have one but I'll take another for fifty bucks. Hell yeah!

I can relate to that level of frustration, but honestly mine stands up fine and it's a V1 with unmodded knees... the heel trick was all I needed to know.