KFC EAVI METAL Ditka (MP Blitzwing)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Darkprime, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh. Sorry, I guess I get a little defensive when one of my favorites gets what I consider an undue amount of criticism. He certainly isn't without his faults. I'm not thrilled that he can't bring his arms up very far with the tank parts over his wings (you can mistransform that part to give him more clearance but then it looks a little goofy). Can't bring his arms out to the side very far without opening the little flaps. And, while his legs can pull off most of the movements I'd like, they're still somewhat hindered inside the hips and they're just not as strong as they should be for how much weight there is in his upper body. I should also admit I applied some nonslip pads to the bottom of his toes. I'd probably be more critical of these issues if he weren't so fantastic looking. I love how he's just the big ol' bruiser. Even if it weren't for the football episode, his football accessory, and his name, I'd still look at him and see a football player.

2. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's all good. I respect your opinion, and honestly, you made good sense and I let my frustration with my busted one get in the way of good judgement. I just hope I get the new parts in soon so I can appreciate Ditka.

• Like Like x 2
  3. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I'd give him an A- or B+ in looks because of his white stomach, olive color, and being too big. Still a solid figure, though, and well worth the $100 I got him for...

• Like Like x 3
  4. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Agree.

5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On April 27th I sent in the payment they wanted to send me the replacement part. I sent them another email because I have not received that part yet. Now they're saying they never got the payment when PayPal clearly shows that the money was sent to them. I sent them a screen shot of that and I am not happy right now to say the least. I'm a breath away to just chuck this thing into the trash.

6. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    This same thing happened to me with the original test shot.

7. Erwin

Erwin Well-Known Member

It still baffles me each time how small companies that rely on a very specific customer base to keep them alive seem to have such a crappy customer service. It’s not even like Ditka is the only option out there, like Transistor.

8. Dickyscrubbs

Dickyscrubbs A booby trap that catches boobies…

For some reason KFC bust balls when it comes to replacement parts. I went through my seller Baba... they went out of their way to get me the parts I needed to fix ol Ditka. They were even breaking their chops about replacement parts. Long story short... Baba gets it done!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do a PayPal claim and show them (PayPal) the emails. Then hit then up for the replacement part again.

When I needed a replacement part from KFC, I went through my seller, ShowZ, and they got it taken care of for me, if that helps.

10. extracomputer

extracomputer Well-Known Member

Was considering this figure after fans toys version fell apart but after reading the posts on here on the support kfc gives (constantly giving their customers grief) I will pass. I have their transistor which is still the best soundblaster on the market but will not be buying anything else from this company due to how they treat their customers with contempt. Hopefully new companies I hear good things about (zeta being one of them) will run those that don’t support their customers out.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Is this iBot/Keith that's being a pain in the ass about sending out the replacement parts? I've always heard he's solid to deal with... If this isn't iBot/Keith...maybe send him a PM with the details and have him straighten it out. Otherwise just go through PayPal if it was sent as goods.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rasbot

Rasbot Well-Known Member

this makes me happy. Just ordered this from baba today. I feel I've held out for FT long enough. I need a blitzwing on my shelf and the look is paramount to anything for me so as long as he stands and looks good, I'm good.

13. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't speak to all the complaints about customer service as I've only dealt with KFC indirectly and it was only once but it went great. I've dealt with XTB directly once and it went great as well. The overwhelming majority of posts I've seen dealing with KFC's or XTB's customer service have been positive. If KFC's support isn't working for you, then @kibble's suggestion seems like a good one. Pm @ibot directly. Though that still may not be the best way - he tends to be active on the site in short spurts and then disappear for a long time.

Anybody considering not doing business with KFC is of course free to do so, but they'll be ruling out some of the best designed 3p masterpiece figures. Ditka is one if my favorites. Sure he had to have knee and ankle upgrades but once those were in place and you worked out the balance, he is a joy to see on the shelf. Just looks beautiful and his transformations are deceptively easy. Same with Crash Hog. Captures the character in a way that even some of the best 3p figures can't manage (though part of his transformation is s little painful). Posing him with his little TV in his "you talk some TV?" pose just about gave me chills because he just IS the character. And Transistor is a beautiful figure as well and well articulated.

• Like Like x 1
  14. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    FYI - Busting balls means giving someone grief, making their life difficult. Busting ass means getting something done fast.
    Busting ass has also morphed into meaning passing gas though, so it's sort of fallen out of favor as a metaphor for getting stuff done promptly. :) 

Which type of busting did you mean? Asking because Keith tends to be good about getting replacement parts sent out to people.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dickyscrubbs

Dickyscrubbs A booby trap that catches boobies…

Wow... a little rude but yea I know what busting balls means....I do it all the time. ... they were busting my man BAbas proverbial balls about replacement parts that he was trying to obtain for me... in the long run he obtained them by jumping through hoops.

16. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

It's unfortunate that some people have had a tough time getting parts direct, but to be fair, these are little companies probably run by 3-4 people. I'm sure they get a lot of requests for parts and pieces and then there is a language barrier most of the time too. In my experience, they usually bend over backwards to get parts out to people and once, yes there was a delay and I just emailed again and it got the ball moving. That said, they've sent me parts for things that *I* broke and usually I got more than I asked for. I needed a hand and I got two whole left and right arms for Transistor. I needed a part for something else and they send out the part, a collectors coin in the box with it.

Usually I deal with Miss Zhou and I suspect she probably gets a shit ton of emails and requests from around the world, not just from people here at our tiny community at TFW2005. So considering that, they do really well. Personally I'd put them right up there with Fans Toys for parts and help after the sale.

• Like Like x 3
  17. extracomputer

Thanks for letting me know. I edited bottom line of my post to be a better then.

18. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Eh everyone is entitled to their opinion so it's no big thing. If I paid and then they couldn't find it despite a screen shot, I'd be annoyed too! LOL

3rd party is always a gamble so you never know what's going to happen. I was just trying to say though, in my experience, you'd have a good chance of getting parts IF you need them from KFC/XT. Now if it was Toy World...well....yeah. Don't go there. :p 

In the end, it's just opinions and everyone has their own.

[​IMG]

19. extracomputer

I would say its more than a opinion. I was more interested in facts on whether they were supporting their customers or not. I was just seeing where people said they weren't but then some chimed in afterwards saying they had great service. Currently I would be hesitant unless I start seeing some of those having issues saying they did finally get support. That being said there have been several saying they did get good support so have to take that into account as well. Can deal with slow support (though frustrating for them I am sure) but as long as they do make good on it that would be ok.

• Like Like x 2
  20. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Said he would send a part that had been misassembled, resulting in two of the left version. Eventually stopped answering emails and I had to find someone on the boards who had a misassembly with two of the right-hand pieces. Fuck kieth.