Kentucky Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Pointblank, Jan 3, 2003.

1. JSteezTFwf502

JSteezTFwf502 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Stopped by Middletown Walmart for a few supplies/groceries and swung by toy isle.. nothing new.. they did stock like 8 re-issue G-1 AstroTrains that hadn’t previously been there before the pandemic.

2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I wonder who is buying those reissues in enough quantity to justify their continued production. Every WalMart I stop at that has them has more of them than any other TF figure, it seems. Usually to a point where they eventually go to clearance.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Lore Keeper

Lore Keeper Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I think Hasbro and Walmart overestimated just how much people will pay for nostalgia. I'm happy the reissues exist, but I don't think most people are willing to pay what they're asking. They either lost interest or wait until something goes on clearance. This worries me, because Hasbro might look at the situation and determine people don't want reissues. We may lose them entirely because they don't really most shoppers won't pay premium prices for simple figures when they can get a modern update for the same price or less.

4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Admittedly, I know nothing of what the bottom line for a "success" is. I know that the Mega Construx Grayskull set sits at fluctuating values of clearance since before it was even released and Mega still claims it is one of their most successful sets.

Maybe there's some weird math that helps justify WalMart and Hasbro's continued efforts with reissues.

I agree that the prices are way too high. And I am sure that does cause a lot of collectors [because I think that's a safe conclusion of their target market] to avoid buying them upfront. But I'd guess there's a considerable cushion between "retail" and "loss" for Walmart. Even at some degrees of discount they are making a profit. So it's likely they between the original release price sales and the eventual discount shelf price, the overall money made helps it going.

That all said, I feel fortunate that I am not a nostalgic buyer in regard to G1. I have my childhood toys and memories of them in play but there are far better representations of the characters to be had at better prices these days.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It's been said for years that the adult collectors make up a small minority of Transformers toy buyers. If that's true, it seems to show some weird oversight on Hasbro and Walmart's part. Kids and the parents buying them toys won't see the value in these marked up 80s toys. Oddly though, the stores I've been to dedicate a lot of shelf space to these guys where they could be stocking more of the stuff that appeals to a wider audience. I haven't seen a Walmart that carries anything below deluxe class in about a year (though I know there are still some out there that do). It seems like odd prioritization of shelf space, which has been more and more limited for Transformers in recent years as it is. Heck, I've encountered Walmarts that just don't carry Transformers at all.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Honestly the only reissue I'd be tempted to get are Headmasters and the g1 prime. But I wasn't paying over $20 for prime with no trailer. Never saw that in my stores so I never got it. Have no interest in reissues of Soundwave, the cassettes, Astrotrain, etc. I'd rather pay the same prices and get an original. Because no matter what people say..I have found original g1 Soundwaves, and cassettes for same prices the reissues sold for. And not junkers. You just have to actually hunt a little and thats part of the fun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The other combiners would be my most wanted. I've only experienced Bruticus in the form of Ruination, and I've never played with the others. I'd also be down for a Datsun. Never seen the G1 mold in person. Inspections would be cool. If they decide to go really nuts with it, we could get more JG1 toys like the cassettes they released from Pulse.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bkh

bkh Well-Known Member

Hurstbourne Meijers has 2 each of Earthrise Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, and Hoist a few hours ago. Their groceries stock looks like it is starting to return to normal. No TP, but atleast they are limiting it to one pack
    per adult.

• Like Like x 1
  9. cutback4197

cutback4197 all roads lead to shame

Ebay:
    I saw those and got TP there. Just gotta get there early.

10. Johnboy217

Johnboy217 Well-Known Member

Stopped by Richmond Walmart to grab some groceries and found the latest wave of studio deluxes. Grabbed one Roadbuster, left 2 roadbuster, 3 shatter, 3 off-road bumblebees.

11. Lore Keeper

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Thanks for the tip! I ran down the road and grabbed one each for myself. Still a few of each left for anyone that wants.

12. JSteezTFwf502

Instagram:
    2 off-road Bees. One Shatter and one Roadbuster left of the new SS Deluxes at Westport Rd Walmart. No TP.. saw people buying paper napkins :( 

• Like Like x 1
  13. BIGGUY007

BIGGUY007 Well-Known Member

Found Studio Series Off Road Bumblebee, SS Roadbuster, and SS Shatter (Plane Version) at the Walmart in London, KY. Then I went down to the Walmart in Corbin, KY and found Studio Series Shockwave. The Corbin Walmart had Studio Series Scavenger as well, but I didn't get it cause I already had that figure.

Attached Files:

14. requiem801

requiem801 Masterpiece Nutjob

Thanks once again to my boi JSteezTFwf502, I was able to pick up Jet Shatter at Westport Walmart. Kinda surprised these are hitting so soon, especially with the current crisis.

Also, found a full set of Earthrise Deluxes at Bashford Walmart while grabbing some necessities.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Agent Prime 2814

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Had to go to New Circle Walmart for a few extra items today...mostly weed n feed, and plaster to fix a cracked wall...but since gardening was so close to toy aisle...I looked. No ER or anything but they did have 1 each of the new SS deluxe wave. I did see Shatter and Bee and Soundwave. I think Roadbuster was behind Shatter. I didnt really look. They also have the full set of the Spiderman wave with Superior Oct, etc ML. No Star Wars or Power Rangers stuff. Forgot to check Jumanji to see if they had the ultimate set with the Wolf...lol I was tempted to find that set to use the Wolf as Timber for the 6in Snake Eyes that came out. They still have plenty of Cell Shaded Megatrons, Bluestreaks, 1 or 2 Refracktors if anyone still looking.

16. cobrala76

cobrala76 Well-Known Member

I've got that Jumanji wolf, the set's been out a while. But, IMO it's way too big. I think the best option out may be that Game of Thrones ghost from the funko 3.75 line. I still haven't seen them side by side, plus it's crazy expensive

• Like Like x 1
  17. Agent Prime 2814

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    thats why I was hoping to find it. LOL Never had any interest in Jumanji toys. I knew it had been out for a while but I always look now when I go to Walmart since I saw the Snake Eyes figure. I was hoping someone had some pics with it side by side with Jumanji and the funko...there arent many wolf toy options.

18. JSteezTFwf502

Instagram:
    46605F1E-B446-42C7-A498-6B8D206DB224.jpeg DA4A5A35-FF94-4DD2-8DCE-BCDAB420F73C.jpeg
    90333618-DF2A-4DF7-A1F4-32A960B9ABC2.jpeg Went to bashford Walmart for supplies and stopped by toy isle.. here’s what I saw at like noon today. Too bad crankcase was stolen, kind of want that figure..

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

^ Same happened to me at St Matthews Best buy, found an empty Earthrise Ops box.
    I think its the same dude.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. JSteezTFwf502

Instagram:
    That’s too bad people out here stealing figures.. hope when they get caught they realize it was not worth it at all..

• Like Like x 2