Kentucky Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Pointblank, Jan 3, 2003.

1. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Bye

I was at the Bashford Manor Target this morning, they had Wheeljack, several Bumblebees and several Cliffjumpers and a few Cyberverse Bumblebees.

2. phelps

phelps Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I really was unimpressed with the FE BB mold until I opened and trasnformed the new one. Now I am inpressed. What a disappointment.

3. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Bye

Since you have both, do you think the difference is enough that it's worth tracking down FE BB instead of going for the new one? I'd like to own at least one of the BB molds, but I've heard enough negative things about it that I passed on the ones I saw this morning and only picked up a Wheeljack.

4. highrise

highrise ZombieApocalypse Survivor

If I know you from the boards, we can work out a deal...

5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime Cyberverse Legion figures are shipping to Target under the old DOTM DPCI number: 087-06-2290. This means if the store gets them in, it'll read as having a location on the floor and get sent straight there, not to the stockroom (unless the pegs are full of pegwarmers).

6. phelps

phelps Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes. If you can find a FE BB get it over the new one. The only redeeming quality the new one has is two blasters instead of one

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    How did you manage to get an Optimus? I had no luck at Target in Hamburg. I usually look around until I find an employee that looks willing to help, but couldn't find a single red shirt that day. Had to resort to the red phone and take a gamble. I lost. Got a woman completely unwilling to pull them from the back.

8. wesitron

wesitron Well-Known Member

Even though I never do it, an employee refusing to pull something from the back is about the most ******ed thing I've ever heard. What authority do they have to refuse money?

I complained to a manager once that a stocker wouldn't sell me a figure off a cart, but then gave the whole box to a scalper right behind me. Manager told me an employee should NEVER refuse you stock if it's something that should be on the shelves.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    That's just it. They said it shouldn't be on shelves because they haven't done the reset yet. That was the excuse they gave. I agree though. Assuming I haven't found them at a Wal-Mart or TRU by the time they do the reset at the end of the month, let's say I buy them the very first morning they put them out. They would still not have the figures on the shelf anymore. Only difference is that they had to wait longer for my money, plus take the chance I may find them elsewhere and they get NONE of my money. Stupid of them not to go ahead and sell to me now. First rule of retail: Take the money the first chance you get, because you may not get a second chance.

10. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    i got out to Target on Nicholasville rd on Saturday morning around 10 for a few minutes. i had a crying 6 month old so i was in a hurry. i asked the first person with a scanning gun if they could get something out of the back. she looked it up and said they had the deluxe but no vopyagers. im wondering if i had the correct voyager DPCI code. i used 087-06-0569, i got it from a list here on the boards. anyway, so the kid was crying and i didnt want to make a huge fuss so i asked for soundwave, cliffjumper and wheeljack. they said they didnt have a soundwave...i asked twice for them to look but since i was in a hurry i just got cliff and wheeljack. had no problem getting them.

so i went and did my thing for the day, met the wife out and after we went grocery shopping, she took the kid with her and i went back around 4 to see if i could get an extra cliff for Terrorsaur128 since he was the one that clued me in...and the last time he did that with warpath/thundercracker everyone ended up grabbing them off the shelves but him.... and i wanted to triple check on soundwave, just in case...they had three BB's left...that was it. they did say the Hamburg Target had 8 left... of course we know they were not allowing people to get them...so, they still may have all of the deluxes just sitting back there.

11. highrise

highrise ZombieApocalypse Survivor

They'll be EVERYWHERE guys. Patience, grasshopper.

12. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    i know, i know. that's why i didnt go out to Hamburg. but there's still an excitement and a small sense of accomplishment when you can get one out of the back room.

especially after the Prime FE debacle.

13. Ariannus

Ariannus Member

The FE is much better than the new one. They spent so much effort having the chest on the new one automorph when you open the head, that it makes for a pretty terrible figure IMHO. The shoulders are what really kills it for me, and mine just kind of stares at the ground because you can't put the head all the way back.

14. Terrorsaur128

Terrorsaur128 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you for trying to help me, i really appreciate it, and yeah that generations thing kinda sucked but ultimately i was fortunate enough to find them again a few months later. Sounds like someone beat you to the deluxes and probably voyagers, when i got there they had the 3 Bee's and 2 Optimus Primes. I wish the hamburg target would sell them already, but i understand the situation. Got a Cliffjumper off of a guy from texas for the exact same amount i had set aside for him, So it all worked out. Thanks again for looking out for me, I appreciate it. The correct voyager item # is 087-06-0807 nicholasville rd target still has at least 1 voyager prime if anyone's interested. He's honestly pretty awesome (aside from the relatively lame weapons). Also, how do you like cliff?

15. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    no problem! if it werent for you, i would have never known.

i guess i did have the wrong DPCI....

im in need of that Prime very badly so ill try again this afternoon. using the correct DPCI of course!!!

but it will probably be gone.

16. Terrorsaur128

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope you get him. Besides i doubt he's at the top of most peoples "wants" and its been that way since Saturday so you'd think he'd be gone if anybody actually wanted him. Good luck.

17. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    yeah, that and he's going to be cased in all waves im sure....no big deal. just that initial urge when i read there was one left... soon he will be everywhere. i may just wait. but again, thanks for the heads up!

18. Terrorsaur128

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got to target first this time and got Voyager Megatron. Now all i need are Soundwave and Wheeljack and i'll own all of wave 1 that i want. They didnt get any boxes of deluxes in but they got 1 of voyagers so now they have 4 voyager Optimus Primes if anyone's been looking for him. Megatron's awesome, i Prefer Optimus over him just a little though. Cliffjumper should be in by Friday, can't wait to get him. And a picture of my Prime collection so far, Excluding my SDCC FE Deluxe Optimus and NYCC FE Arcee and Bee 2-pack (ignore armada Unicron back there lol)

Attached Files:

19. Poseidicon

Poseidicon Well-Known Member

yea prim megs is pretty awesome. that vehicle mode is ehhhh but holy crap the robot mode is gorgeous

20. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    are DPCI scanners the generic name or is this a Target thing? im looking for these "codes" for TRU and walmart but im not sure if they are actually called "DPCI" for these chains... does anyone have the Prime "codes" for these retailers?