Kentucky Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Pointblank, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OK. But again, that is not Hasbro's fault. Hasbro made the toys, and I'm sure they would LOVE to sell them and see them on shelves. However, Hasbro does not dictate stocking in any store they provide product to, and cannot force a store to carry anything. So if the chains decide that Generations and RTS is less important than the new movie product, and don't order Generations or RTS product as a result, Hasbro can't do a thing about it.

2. wesitron

wesitron Well-Known Member

Too bad, that. Hasbro could have held back on some of these characters knowing the movie was coming, but that woulda pissed off the fans even more. Double edge sword unfortunately.

Still, at least we get to visit. This board's never so active as when there's a TF shortage and I've met some really nice people out of trying to help out. :) 

3. Galvatro

Galvatro You'll do MY bidding... or taste MY wraith! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hardly Hasbro's fault at all. It's retailers and the wonderful profit-taking of the business world that is to blame for shortages in the last non-Movie waves over the last several years. Unfortunately for us, the discounters are drying up which would have taken the non-ordered excesses. Otherwise, Value Citys' would have been flooded with Grapple, Strafe, those last damn Legends of Cosmos, Warpath, etc. Now we have to check even smaller discounters (TJ Maxx/Ross) every single day to see if they got something in (think I'll go the Ebay route for Grapple since I've been unlucky searching).

Besides, the Movie stuff has been the cash cow for retailers vs. Universe. Its the volume game, especially with WM. Even when WM puts the Movie deluxes on Christmas sale, they still profit via volume. Shitty deal for those of us that want those last wave toys though.

Galvatro

BTW, I've found nothing new than hasn't been reported for this topic by anyone else on here!

4. phelps

phelps Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Agreed. the big problem for us fans is that the buyers for most stores order real heavy on one or two waves, see them sitting and pass on the next. they don't know how spread the wealth. That is why we still see some HFTD voyagers still on clearence. but then again, Hasbro could pass on doing it one millionth bumblebee mode. for instance the HA wave really did not need bumblebee and skids redecos. the are pretty much shelf warmers. Roadbuster comes out and he is gone. These are pretty much collectors that are getting these. they should have skipped bee and skids and move on to the wreckers or soundwave.

I would suggest using junkion exchange. I found a wreckgar and G2 prime at TJMaxx and picked them up. Already had them, but was able to trade for Grapple from a TFW member from Hawaii. I normally don't say go out and buy the stuff you don't need, but It helps other TF fans that might not be getting in their area what we are.

5. Poseidicon

Poseidicon Well-Known Member

Stopped in a Walgreens out Shelbyville rd across from the masonic homes and they had a couple legion crowbars as well as a legends gold bee. A little expensive but they are buy one get one 50% off. The TRU out there had a couple ark playsets as well as 2 fireburst primes and a sentinal prime voyager.

6. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Walgreens on Outer loop had a Laserbeak around 3ish and Bashford Manor has a Hatchet left

7. Grimlock25

Grimlock25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Springhurst Target has the exclusive deluxes minus Space Case as of this morning.

Clarksville Target has a DOTM thundercracker on an endcap

New Albany Meijer has a couple Kups, Scourges, etc.

Anyone seen Space Case, Legion Roadbuster, or Legion Flak?

8. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i haven't. checked Bashford earlier and my friend checked outer loop. i was hoping to find Space Case....

9. Poseidicon

What store were the hatchets at? walmart?

And by the way, I found leader Ironhide at Hillview wally world. I left 1. They also have kreo, most notably, Starscream and the large prime, TRU has everything else.

10. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    target

11. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Be warned, Space Case is one per case. Which is bullshit (the case has 4 Bumblebee. FOUR! ARGHHH!). So unless you see them first or get one out of the back (lucked out and got a staffer to do this today at Bashford, there should still be an unbroken case in back there along with the open case which is still in back), you're not going to see him.

12. Poseidicon

awesome. I swung by there at about 10 and grabbed what i think was the last one :)  thanks for the tip!

13. MoonBaseTom

MoonBaseTom Inventor of Mac'n Cheese

Ebay:
    Ran into Leader ironhide at the Jessamine county Walmart.

14. wesitron

Oh yeah? How's he been?

15. MoonBaseTom

MoonBaseTom Inventor of Mac'n Cheese

Ebay:
    Grumpy, he kept mumbling something about being shot in the back.

16. wesitron

Nice.

17. Galvatro

Galvatro You'll do MY bidding... or taste MY wraith! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Another toy that is going to be nearly impossible to find. I understand Bumblebee's popularity... nevermind. Bumblebee sells in the long haul and Space Case won't. Except on Ebay of course!

Galvatro

18. Terrorsaur128

Terrorsaur128 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whats not wrong with it is more like it lol his head doesnt turn at all (hasbro glued it in place) Making the mouthplate mod nearly impossible unless you manage to tear the glue apart. The "face mask" is a really drab ugly gray and the molded mouth behind it just looks so much better. i managed the mod with very little noticeable wear or tear and the result is a masterpiece. Like i said earlier No more talking gimmick though, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. His voice sorta sucks imo so it didnt bother me.

19. unkrazimatik

unkrazimatik Seeker, of the truth

We going to have another gathering this year?

20. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Check the social group (Kentucky Fried Transformers). Looks like August 13 is the intended date.