Kentucky Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Pointblank, Jan 3, 2003.

1. ashultz38

ashultz38 New Member

nothing new in Owensboro except I found an Ejector at the 54 Wal-Mart (i bought it though) and a Human Alliance Sideswipe at Target (still debating on that one) and of course they still had the two Supreme Devastators.

2. Terrorsaur128

Terrorsaur128 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not quite, Actually this means your wal-mart has wv. 4 too, but put out the wv. 5 first and then ran out of space. They shipped together wv 4 and 5 did.

3. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Found a Leader Jetfire, Devastator, HA Sideswipe at Walmart #431. Too bad I go the wallet on lock down.

4. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    Target on Nicholasville RD Lexington has Jolt, Blazemaster and Dead End.

5. cutback4197

cutback4197 all roads lead to shame

Ebay:
    This morning Hillview Walmart Ejector and Nightbeat. I left them.

6. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

the bktf09 still works on hts.com got jetfire prime 2 pack my be here on my bday 09/04

7. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

also seen g.i.joe movie

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Saw HA Sideswipe at the Wal-Mart in Winchester last night. Left it there...

9. Grimlock25

Grimlock25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw 1 HA Sideswipe and 4 HA Bumblebees at Target on Taylorsville Rd. Sideswipe was in the back of the Bumblebees

10. cutback4197

Ebay:
    A lone HA Sideswipe at J-mall Target.

11. Terrorsaur128

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I Saw The rise of cobra last night and i thoroughly enjoyed the movie, thought it was a great job at bringing a cartoon to life although i can even tell it's WAY Different than the cartoon which i rlly disliked and still do. I have to say it's the 2nd best movie i've seen all this year with ROTF Being My Favorite and the best. Cant Wait for The Sequel

12. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    found an Ice Cream Twins a few days ago in Hamburg Target. it was the only one left though. SCORE! sorry guys

13. cutback4197

Ebay:
    Cruised around looking for Thrust and Gears, no luck there. They were putting out a case of HA wave 2 at Clarkesville Target and New Albany Walmart had Ice Cream Trucks, Swerves and Scorponoks.

14. Risq

Risq Just Visiting Earth

Sorry, but I have to say I also saw GI Joe this weekend.

Felt like my childhood was screwed over yet once again. Wanted to ask for my money back and the money for everyone who was near me. Heard laughter from some parts of the move and groans from others.

But at the end of the movie everyone acted like they felt cheated.

Side note, when an army Master Sargent (Ground/Infantry trooper) who is good at flying any form of plane he touches is called "Rip cord" (A term only given to paratroopers, you know the guys with the pillow cases over their heads as they jump out of a perfectly good plane) you kind of get the feeling that the writer of the script knows nothing but the basics from either the military (What the movie is based on) or the cartoon/comic book it is supposed to be adapted from.

And I've never been in the military and I know that much.

But that's just me too :) 

15. Terrorsaur128

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah i disliked the original show no offense to anyone who that the show was great but of course I liked Transformers. Anyways and i dont know much about G.I.joe so i'm not going to pretend i do but this seemed Extremely different from the cartoon which may very well be why i liked the movie. But i 100% understand you, and Respect ur opnion. I thought hasbro was pushing it by making another frachise into a live-action movie, Transformers was great but G.I.Joe was gonna suffer and apparently in the fans point of view it did, so i recommend hasbro stops making Live-action films of such well-loved cartoons unless they can do justice to the original show as well. Transformers They got lucky on by having the right people working on it at least. I was pleasently surprised with G.I.Joe, and will be buying the dvd. But yeah they obviously made a lot of changes from the cartoon, and that was even obvious to someone who never saw much of the cartoon and disliked it. Anyways, Snake eyes i think all the fans were happy with. did you like movie-verse snake eyes? or disliked him seeing as you watched the cartoon i figure you will know more about him and i want an opnion from someone that knows about him but he seemed pretty spot-on from evrything i have heard of him he seems to be pretty accurate to the cartoon. :) 

16. Terrorsaur128

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL I found a long haul and a grindor there saturday, hid long haul, Left Grindor sittin there went back the next day to get long haul and grindor was gone. I got long haul though so im pretty happy, Now last on my MUST HAVE NOW list is HA Sideswipe. Also TRU Is now buying used games, unfortunately went there to sell Prototype, and its not in their system i mean WTF? Anyways doesnt matter to me i didnt really want to sell it anyways in a way but was gonna use the funds for HA SS but i have enough for him anyways lol Cool find i am pretty done much done with ROTF After HA SS til HA Skids starts showing up then im gonna be searchin for him once Again

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Russel Cave Rd Wal-Mart had all the new wave deluxes, Acree, Dead-End, Jolt, the helicopter guy, etc... No new Voyagers, so no Long Haul. They also had one HA Sideswipe, but he was down with the Bakugon beside the one lone Bumblebee.

18. Risq

Risq Just Visiting Earth

Well,

It depends on which snake eyes you liked, cartoon or comic :) 

The cartoon version was right on, the comic not so much. Originally the comic had it so that he was special forces and had to wear the mask because he caught a partial rocket grenade blast (I believe that was what the blast was) to the face.

But I didn't like "Nose and Lips" on his mask in the movie. I mean who wears a mask with a complete face on it?? That was as bad as the Nipples on the body armor of George Clooney's version of Batman and Robin. ;) 

I don't think that saying that is a spoiler because I saw his mask at Toy's R US well before I ever saw the movie and I hoped they just did that for the kids. Boy was I wrong :( 

But for the most part I liked snake eyes.

I loved Breaker (they even had him doing the gum thing he's known for in the comics and cartoon's), I even liked Scarlett's character to a degree, but other than her love romance she was really likeable.

But the other characters.. seemed to be someone's take on things they heard about, but didn't completely understand. I mean the Cobra Bats? The reason they were supposed to be the way they were in the comic/cartoon was so that they could be produced by the multi-thousands. The movies explanation made no sense to me. There is no way to produce hundreds of thousands of Bats using their method.

Then there is the fact that Cobra has all this advanced weaponry, yet the Joes never "once" try to acquire any of it. They are content to just "barely" be able to hold their own with outdated weapons. I couldn't understand that part either.

I mean for every point I liked in the movie four other points sat up and smacked me in the face as not being remotely logical.

But I did like the accelerators suits. That was a good chase sequence using them, and Snake's battle during it was also a good sequence that I thought added to it.

I wished I could like it better, but there were too many things that didn't make sense to me for me to suspend disbelief long enough to enjoy it :( 

19. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    Hey Insane G, did you get that HA SS?

20. cutback4197

Ebay:
    This might be a first sighting so I am including a pic. I found the new UNiverse Minicon 10 pack at Meijer on Preston. It was 21.99. There were 3 more.

Attached Files: