Kentucky Meet-up

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Weirdwolf, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I drive a truck, and no I don't get a break. I usually eat something as I go. We've been unusually busy so I've had to bust my butt all day. I'm also single. No wife or significant other. So I have no one else to call for me. Sorry it's taking me so long guys, but we have plenty of time. The day I was there, the guy talked like it was no big deal. I'm sure it won't be an issue. We still have 3 weeks and Russ works this Saturday ( or so I was told last Saturday ). If work does not slow down tomorrow so I can call, I'll just run by there Saturday.

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well like I said, taste and quality. There's a signifigant difference between something prepared by someone who cares about what they out out, and mass-produced frozen Chinese food served by places that set out crab legs in room temperature water. :) 

For example, one of the places I *will* go here in Louisville is run by a guy who gives a damn. The egg rolls? Yeah, the innards were a head of cabbage that morning. The chicken, cut up in the back and cooked as they need to refill the front serving table. The mushrooms in some of the dishes? He rejects entire batches if he finds a bad one in it. Every now and again he'll come up with a new variation. Like honey chicken (based on their peking chicken with a different glaze used) or jalapeno chicken. Believe it or not, this particular place is in a mall. I bet some of the other Louisville natives can guess which one I mean. ;) 

3. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, I thought you meant something else. That's why I'm glad I'm easy to please when it comes to food. I love chinese buffet, but I love P.F. Changs which is more expensive. I also love having more money in my wallet. It works out well for me :) 

4. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Never been to PF Chang's. But for the same price or less than a buffet, I can get much better food, and enough to satisfy!

5. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    IG called me this afternoon and confirmed that we've got A+ Comics booked for some table space on the 31st. The bad news is that there's going to be a crowd there that day for I believe he said some kind of Magic the Gathering thing going on. I'll let him post more details when he gets home.

6. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Nothing more to say. It's some kind of Magic the Gathering release day, so lot's of Magic folks there. He said he'd move a shelf and set up a couple of tables for us. It'll be kinda tight, but about 12 people could sit there. We'll be away from the rest of the crowd, out where the toys and stuff are. :D 

Sounds like he'll be more than happy to let us have future get togethers there as well. Might be a good idea to throw some business his way. If anybody collects comics, might be good to buy them there, just out of appreciation. After all, this isn't costing us anything.

7. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, I can't stand crowds of nerds!

:sly2: 

8. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then count me in :) . There's this place in Cookeville, TN (where I went to college) that my wife turned me on to (when we were visiting some friends there once). It was like $5-6 for a freaking huuuuuge serving of General Tso's, and it was top notch (I thought). Even my fat ass couldn't knock it out. They have a buffet there these days, but for my college years they didn't, and I never ate there.

And PF Changs is damn good, but usually like $8-12 plates (and that's with no drink or appetizers).

9. Galvatro

Galvatro You'll do MY bidding... or taste MY wraith! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hello All!

Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend this particular outing due to a conflict with a degree Speech class. It runs from 9AM to 5PM, so it is a virtual impossibility of me attending. I would like to think that there may be some other meetings sometime in the later part of the year in which I may be able to partake.

Saying that, I WOULD expect some pictures to be taken by the various attendees and to be posted in a thread so that us unfortunate non-attendees may see the fun that our peers are having.

As to the meet-up, I hope that everyone has a great time! I would have liked to have met you, but maybe I will get a chance at a future meet-up.

Galvatro

10. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Consider it done and I'm holding you to the next meetup

11. Galvatro

Galvatro You'll do MY bidding... or taste MY wraith! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hello, Megamus!

I thank you :D  I will definately make sure to attend the next meet-up. Until then, may all of you that attend have some fun!

Galvatro

12. Weirdwolf

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Y'know, I haven't seen Dark_Convoy in this thread, he's a Lou-evil person...

13. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

http://[​IMG]

A fellow Prime! I will bust my butt to get in Friday the 30th so I can get up and be there in Lexington the 31st.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  14. Weirdwolf

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Make that three of us! :)  I drive for Pepsi as a fill in driver.

Check this thread out. (yes, I was bored that day) You may have to open the clip in another browser, and it's pixelated because I shot it with my cellphone.

Here's the truck I was driving last week (the one the video in the thread linked above was shot in):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  15. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Since this has become a "show your truck" thread...

[​IMG]

16. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So how are you all supposed to fit your trucks into the parking lot at A+ comics.... ;-)

17. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Wow that is to cool to see other board members out there doing what I'm doing.
    Nice Trucks BTW.

18. Weirdwolf

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    LOL, I'll have to get a pic in the one I'll be driving for the foreseeable future.

19. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is what you do to make descent money to buy toys if you don't have a college education. :lol 

20. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

hurm, i probably still will be able to make it, but there might be a chance that I can't.

Been to A+ a lot for some card game tournaments, nice place, no problem with it at all.

I could most likely bring sodas and pizza for you guys, and i'll be coming in my parents car. (meaning my dad will most likely be hanging around the store making sure i'm okay and that i don't get ripped off, lol)

Will we be dealing in TFs only or can i try to get rid of some other stuff? For some reason i have soul calibur II figures that i have no idea how I got:crazy: