Keith's Fantasy Club Transistor/Doubledeck/Shattered Glass Transistor (Blaster/Twincast/SG Blaster)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by craftsmith, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

I just ordered mine from Aliexpress for 128 shipped, how can I tell it's the 2nd (good) run?

2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is definitely a second run, not just a second shipment. The head is not wobbly, Hi-Fi is molded in two tone plastic (black and white) instead of one (black, painted white) and the paint is quite chip resistant compared to the first run.

There's a definite difference. If you're not sure by the quality of the cartoon head, check Hi-Fi, if he's molded in two different plastics, you're good to go.

I'm glad I waited and got the second run, because it's a real make or break for this set of figures.

3. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

F*** KFC. And f*** me for falling for this. Oh well. Good enough.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  4. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really want an MP Blaster but I can't see Takara not doing Blaster. Especially after how well Soundwave turned out.

5. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

What is your deal? You always post stupid crap like this.

6. aledromo

I'm genuinely shocked. I think you have me mistaken, but if you want to call me out, use a PM and we can discuss.

7. Optimus Dime

I am talking about the flip out. One minute you are saying how much you love the toy, the next how pissed you are. I don't get it.

Best Regards,

8. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

could people that got the second run please state when and where you got yours from. :) 

9. Optimus Dime

Got mine from BBTS. Just this past week.

Best Regards,

10. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Awesome news for me. :) 

11. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Acestoystore and free shipping helped getting this. Also, this figure is light enough where ratchets are not required cause there will always be a certain spot that the ratchet stops on, unlike the MP cars and even Prime in his upper thighs with no ratchets makes for a better poseable figure.

12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got mine from TFSource, about 2 weeks ago.

13. aledromo

Translation provided for those with interest.

It is to my consternation that despite maintaining a previously stated affinity for this figure, anecdotal reports have called attention to a persistence in potentially exploitative business practices on behalf of the commercial identities responsible for its introduction to market.

I remain satisfied with my acquisition and continue to offer conditional endorsement of said product but endeavor to keep such patterns in mind when considering my next affiliated purchase.

14. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like KFC, I've a decent number of their toys.

But the lesson I learned ages ago is don't buy it if the colour isn't exactly what you want. KFC will always do a repaint sooner or later.

They are also known for second runs with improvements on the first run... though with Magnus I found I liked the colour of the V1 more than the V2.

15. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    Apparently mine is a second run, because I finally took the plunge and then wondered what all the complaining had been about.

No bubblehead; white molded plastic on not-Rewind.

16. robwhit1

robwhit1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got the second run but like many here, I had no clue it was even out. I get the KFC hate for making inferior products on first runs, but I have to appreciate that they do improve their figures. I get that it would be better if they just made all the needed improvements on the first run but that can be tough to know until a run is complete.

I did learn from their Stack release that I would wait for a while before I buy one of their figures. I was hoping to get an unpainted version announced but when Twincast was announced I just gave in and ordered Transistor. I will say that if the paint holds up, it is beautiful. Much better looking than I would have expected. Anyway, I am glad they made improvements. I think they learned to not announce them in the Stack revisions but I agree they should always be looking to improve complaints in later runs.

17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad to see that you like him even if he IS the first run. ;) 

Going over my funds last night, I actually found that I need to cancel preorders (bye bye Guttur), so my being able to get this guy right now is off the table unless I can come up with new funds real quick. :( 

18. wardamnpjm

wardamnpjm Well-Known Member

Waiting on mine from Chosen Prime,my first order with them. Question for those who have ordered with them before. I switched all my pre-orders over to TCP from BBTS for the better prices,free shipping at 150.00, the prime points rewards,and their pre-order policy of not charging till it ships.Lots of members here seem to be really happy with them. My question is this.....When I pre-ordered (lots of items) the site broke it up for me in shipments. Transistor is in shipment 1 with some other items. Transistor is now showing in stock at TCP,I have not been charged for him yet. I am just assuming that all other items in that shipment have to be in stock before it ships(although it's well over $150.00). I just want to make sure I get Transistor and it's not an oversight of some kind. Like I sId it's my first experience with them so I'm just trying to gauge how it works over there.

19. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    If you ordered them together, I don't think they will ship until they're all there.

20. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

could you post where/when you got the 2nd run from. to clear up any confusion, could you state you got the second run as well.

something likeā€¦

Mine is the second run. I got it from (where) (when).