Keith's Fantasy Club Transistor/Doubledeck/Shattered Glass Transistor (Blaster/Twincast/SG Blaster)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by craftsmith, Aug 10, 2014.

1. UNICRON-WMD

UNICRON-WMD SOUL MACHINE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Affiliated companies, so probably the same mold.

2. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    The tape picture has creases that suggest the back wheels are a bit better designed. As they look like the flip over from the main body, in a way that is a clear improvement from the iGear design.

And the grabber arm doesn't look nearly as flimsy. And I wonder if this might also come with better shaped crystals.

I do want to see this in solid form, as the depicted CG pictures make me worry that it'll be like G1 Ravage & have one side look show correct, and the opposite side look like a cassette. If that's the case it will kill any interest in getting it.

3. Snaketocopter

Snaketocopter Lemon Merchant

My Transistor just came in from Aces. So far, it's pretty sweet. No loose head or paint issues(yet). Hi-Fi is a nice little guy. I'd prefer if the IDW head had paint on the back for when he's in tape mode, but its not a huge deal for me. All in all, nice job KFC. Now to ponder pre-odering Doubledeck...

4. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Who was it who bought Soundwave's articulated hands from me? I accidentally deleted the PM.

5. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I seem to have folded the hands away in such a manner that there isn't enough clearance for them to fold back out.

I've tried pulled, prying, ripping fingers off, unscrewing forearm screws and the hand screw, ultimately damaging the toy to no avail. Guess he'll stay in boombox mode until I figure it out.

6. ArrowHead

ArrowHead Well-Known Member

Aaaaaaand...

My preorder from Aces just arrived! Along with a bunch of other goodies I had on order!

Unfortunately won't get to open him until late, late tonight.

7. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

.... going to be a loooooong day haha

8. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

I don't like the sound of that. Good luck, and let us know if you figure out a way to prevent that from happening.

9. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I had a real mare getting them out the first time I transformed him. Someone on here told me you don't actually need to fold the arms away for the transformation, and I certainly won't again.

10. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same. Though the second time I transformed it with the fingers facing towards the inside of the forearm so they wouldn't get snagged on the way out.

Of course, knowing the hands don't need to be tucked away, even better.

11. ArrowHead

So there I was at 5 AM, finally done with my work, excitedly opening my toys instead of going to bed like a sensible lad.

I am THRILLED with Transistor. Just had a cursory look, haven't transformed him yet, but no noticeable flakes, chipping, scratches, or defects. I do not see the lightpiping that was supposedly included with the figure, but I did receive my extra hands for Soundwave.

Hi-Fi looks like crap. It's already been covered, but the paint is tacky, roughly applied, and that dumb red nose and eyes makes him look like a robot clown.

I will get around to transforming Transistor some time tonight, I have a few more items to open and check out and then I'll get back to him.

12. G1 Collector

G1 Collector STINGER

I just watched the Plain Red Prototype Transistor video again and man.. I want it non painted red, just in a solid red plastic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The other areas can be painted, but would like the legs and buttons to be a silver light colored paint, not dark gray. I have yet to buy him, as I am holding out hoping for a Cartoon accurate I guess you could say KFC Blaster. Hi-Fi should have been (Molded) in solid Black and White Plastics, not white painted over black plastic. As everyone sees, it's hard to cover black and the paint gets too think doing so.

I hope Stinger will be molded in solid Red and solid Blue plastics, not so much paint or we will keep having these problems with think paint or chipping, cracking and so on.

I have Twincast aka Doubledeck and the 2 cassettes on pre-order, but I hope he has just a solid blue plastic maybe with some sparkle in it and not painted as Transistor is. However, something tells me he will be painted the same , just blue. This might let them do another run that will not be painted like many hope for Transistor.

Still, so happy to see these new figures.

13. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

I just got my Transistor today. He is all kinds of awesome. I have Transformed him a good 10 times or more to test it. No paint chipping at all. His head is fine, no issues at all. The paint on Hi-Fi was a little crap. All I did was take a hair dryer and hold it away from him on medium heat, for I'd say 10 minutes and the paint set in place and is fine now. The paint just wasn't set for some odd reason on him, but easy fix!

I love this guy. He looks awesome in Bot Mode with Soundwave. And his alt mode is great also. The bottom is kinda meh, but who cares. He sits on his bottom, it doesn't show in any kind of display. I could not be happier with this toy. Just an all around awesome representation of Blaster. Now if TT does one, if it is as good as this or better, I might double dip. But from right now, this is my Masterpiece Blaster!

Having this guy in hand. None painted would not do this guy justice. Sorry. You have to have him in hand to really see the details. The reviews were mostly of the not finished version. Like I said, NO issues with this guy for me in the slightest.

Best Regards,

14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi-Fi *is* molded in black and white plastics. The only white paint is his tampograph displaying the tape details, everything else is molded plastic. I'm not sure where you got the idea that it was white paint on black plastic and vice versa, or whoever might've told you such a thing, but it's absolutely incorrect.

A thin coat of nail polish clear coat will take care of all your tackiness troubles, makes the figure solid again.

15. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Got mine the other day and he's a really great figure. Mine doesn't have any issues either, save for the toy/comic head; it's got some paint scratches, and it's a pity because this is the head I wanted to display him with.

Would anyone be willing to sell me theirs if you're not planning on using it? ;) 

16. G1 Collector

G1 Collector STINGER

Ok, Great!
    No one told me that it was, but thought it looked that way and hearing all the stories of thick white paint. Glad I was wrong.

However I know for a fact, you can't cover tacky paint with any clear coat , nail polish whatever and have the tacky paint to ever dry. It will stay soft under that coat. It would be best to bake it in a hot room, not melting plastic hot, but 90 degrees or so for a few days , maybe a week or more and hope that the tacky paint will cure and dry out to the touch.
    What probably happened when painting the cassette details on Hi-Fi , there could have been too much Moisture in the air and will make the paint become tacky. I have been painting for a long time and when this happens, I have to take that coat of paint back off and re-paint it again. It sucks, but if you don't do this, it may never feel dry to the touch.
    Again, covering it with any clear coat of paint or nail polish will only add to the thickness of the paint that is already there and the tacky coat will still be there weakening that new top coat. Also makes it look bad I would think. Maybe Reprolabels will make a sticker set and we can remove this paint and start clean for anybody who wants to.

What Optimus Dime
    did might work as well, but that is the thing, you need to try to dry the paint out first before trying to cover it.
    I hope that Fader and Rover will be ok, !

17. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi-Fi's arms and legs are molded black with white paint. Hence the reason the inside of the hand is black and white paint flakes off.

18. G1 Collector

G1 Collector STINGER

Humm.. I thought so by just looking at the figure it seemed that way. The white paint just looked a little off to me , like a gray/white . This happens when you try to paint over a black base sometimes. Thanks for clearing this up.

[​IMG]

19. ArrowHead

Same to you, my friend. You are 100% incorrect, and spreading wrong information. Two seconds with a safety pin shows black plastic with white paint.

20. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

Oh it did work bud. It dried just fine.

Simmer down. You both are right. My Hi-Fi is molded white plastic. So it is possible they changed that one up.

Best Regards,