Keep the Bayformers designs ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by sevenlima, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Not well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All i've ever wanted
    All i've ever needed
    Is here on Reserved Files on Reserved HardDrives in Reserved Company place Called ILM (in short Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) is an American motion picture visual effects company that was founded in May 1975 by George Lucas)
    Well i can say yes, because the Concept artist was doing they best on the movie designs to make them most realistic and rad looking ever, I respect they work very and wish to make someday designs good like them

Look too alien? Aliens look what they want, we cant change this, their nature
    But how you know how alien looks? Who knows they really look, the most not coolest i've are on google and in TV programs about aliens. that not mean every alien have look the same. The Universe is expanding in every second, we maybe can never see the other aliens and see them.
    I dont want write much, if i'll ever meet the alien i would love to to see the transforming robo-alien like in these movies, for me they should look like in 1-3 movies
    bumblebee designs dont, i dont very like them, there are only three i Accept, Shatter&Dropkick and Blitzwing. I dont want make anyone mad with this, hope everyone understand, i also like prime, few rid01, some from idw comics , animated, g1 designs so im not geewuner or baywunner or what is this called, it's impossible to make everyone happy but almost everyone think the bee movie was perfect TF movie.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I mean, we can absolutely change it if they're fictional and we created them. :lol 

Oh God no.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Prime time 101

Prime time 101 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    ?

4. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That Drift design is fucking abysmal.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Prime time 101

Facebook:
    Explain please

6. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Not well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont like the face, over-all it's acceptable

• Like Like x 2
  7. Prime time 101

Facebook:
    Yeah the face is not as good as the body to me

• Like Like x 2
  8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Okay, where do I start?

For one, it's trying to merge two clashing aesthetics. It's trying to have both that Japanese-y, 2000's Gundam/mecha flair and the roundness of the Bugatti/AOE design and fails to appropriately convey either. The kibble is just hanging off in random directions, not looking like proper armour or anything. The colourscheme is just not pleasing, the face is somehow worse than TLK face, and there's no defined "body" to the panels. They're unevenly spaced and randomly angled. (arguably the most movie-ish part of it, but I figured the idea was to improve on the design, not go sideways)

At least AOE Drift looks like a Samurai, which is what he's meant to look like. This just looks like nothing. It's neither a convincing Samurai nor just a solid looking robot.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Prime time 101

Facebook:
    Well okay then lol

10. Minibots

Minibots Greetings

That Drift design looks like an undead demon. How on Earth is that supposed to be an Autobot? Let alone a Transformer.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Prime time 101

Facebook:
    To me it looks like a badass but your entitled to your opinion

• Like Like x 1
  12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Well of course you do, because it's nothing more than just AoE Drift (the Bugatti chest is a dead giveaway) with more crap on the shoulders, painted white, and given the original Drift's head.

• Like Like x 2
  13. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, he just need of a few more improvements.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Prime time 101

Facebook:
    To me he is just an example of a more classic looking character in the movie style which would be cool to see more of

• Like Like x 1
  15. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    With those kibble wings he reminds me of Jolt. Don’t you think?
    upload_2019-8-1_17-54-17.jpeg
    He looks like he could fit in with the first Trilogy bots. I’d love a toy of this design.

• Like Like x 6
  16. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This character was a such waste.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Evan Wellens

Evan Wellens Super Mario will be real in 2023

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I used to think that too, but then I saw the full model and he looks perfectly fine. His legs aren't as skinny as we thought they were in fact they look pretty stable. I really like the look of them. They aren't overly slim like the G1 toy, and more angular than the G1 cartoon design.

Shockwave 3D.jpg

While it is true that the movie gave Brawl little character, his toy bio and depiction in the comics made him a destructive buffoon with anger problems. He never shows up as a clone either in the entire film. Brawl just took a tone of hits to take down.

How Scatman Crothers made Jazz hip and cool was by basing it off of what was hip and cool to say and do during that 80's, and while I agree that Scatman Crothers performance is far more timeless, you have to remember that the Autobots learned Earth's languages through the world wide web in the film. Therefor Jazz talks like someone trying to sound cool on the internet. "What's crackin' little bitches?" is what kids thought was cool to say during the 2000's. I still hear kids say "What's crackin'?" at my school. I thought it was cool, and I'm well aware that people disagree with me, but it gave me a laugh.

Jazz was cool to me though in many ways. Jazz's transformation was a a mini breakdance, his alt mode rules, and colors of gold bronze and silver all are cool colors when used right and for this design they were. Jazz also did show character when he disagreed with Optimus Primes decision to leave Bumblebee behind and not go rescue him from N.E.S.T.. I like how he says "We rollin'!" when they go to Hoover Dam. I love seeing his visor flip down, and I love how he slides across the battle field and makes every move a performance.

Also, while the most Bayverse characters aren't well rounded characters saying 99% percent of the robots have no character is just plain wrong, as most of them have at least one defining trait. Optimus is the noble leader who is trying to lead a rag tag group of Autobots, Ratchet is the sometimes awkward but caring and level headed medic, Bumblebee is the scout trying to live up to his superiors and get to know the humans better, Ironhide is the grumpy veteran who is the most unorthodox of the bunch and has a slight distaste for humans which goes away towards the end of the film, and Jazz is the hip and cool lieutenant who likes to show off but he's also their for his friends. As far as the deceptions go Megatron is the vengeful deception leader who is hell bent on taking all of Earths resources to rebuild Cybertron and gain power, Starscream is a kiss ass who low key hates Megatron and wants to betray him, Barricade is loyal psycho who will do whatever it takes to gain the information he needs, Soundwave is a sly communications expert who is loyal to Megatron, and Lockdown was a guy who didn't care about the war he simply wanted his paycheck and he see's humans as a foolish race because he believes that they think the entire universe revolves around them. Also the most of deceptions in the last knight had character but they were mostly goofballs who cracked jokes and loved destruction. Nitro was the best of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2019
  18. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

I love that Shockwave turns into a steam-powered warship, in part because it suits him and in part because I know they want me to imagine this:

image002.jpg

But what I keep imagining is this:
    Willie GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like Like x 3
  19. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    This makes me want an MPM Jolt.

20. JD The Last Autobot

JD The Last Autobot More Than Meet The Eyes