KAT - 02 Chief Fire

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by DEED, Jul 28, 2017.

1. DEED

DEED DEED

Sirtoys- Loose for One Penny Plus Shipping
    KAT-02 Chief Fire - Standard - Combiner - SirToys.com

Ebay Link (Ebay won't let me list it for less than .99 *Currently Sold Out*):
    !!!!.01!!! KAT 02 Koncept Art Chief Fire Die Cast Transforming Robot Toy (loose) | eBay

Shapeways Upgrade Parts (Final Kits via ebay once original backers are fulfilled)
    Fire Convoy Chest for KAT02 Fire Chief by KOncept by writerwolf on Shapeways
    Fire Convoy Head for KAT 02 Chief Fire by writerwolf on Shapeways
    KAT 02 Koncept Art Fire Convoy Pistol by writerwolf on Shapeways

Also, limited numbers of boxed units remain while supplies last. Paul is even still selling them at a discount, because I'm too lazy to tell him to change the code, and I like the guy too much not to drive business to him.

Oops Mom, I broke the thread. Might as well break the business model in half while I'm at it.

Who wants some free toys? No seriously. We can't hand deliver them to your house, but otherwise they're free-free, have fun!!

OMG, youuuuuu guuuyyyyyys. The folks in this thread have always been the creme de la creme of TFW. The true persons of optimism and good sense.

OK, as (came out in ways I wasn't exactly proud of...even if not sort of to plan...sorry) has come out, D/L has been unveiled as my Kit-Guy and Angel-Investor. He's always had good ideas over at Stagwolf and I wanted to help him get a bigger platform. And totally f***d it up. I'm not the first one that screwed that kind of plan up for him either. But Phases II and III are going to fix that.

I'm going to start a new thread for Koncept Art Phase III so we can keep the practical Fire-Convoy Toy stuff separate, so keep posting about stuff here. BUT, big ol' announcement that is basically the cap bridger between Phase I (KAT01 and KAT02) and Phase II (DEEDXX/KAC## tba):

Sincere thanks to all our backers and buyers of Chief Fire, "Our new Hero" so far. You guys are the best. The Indiegogo Backers are going to get their stuff without lifting another finger or spending another penny. They'll get their rewards and then some, in exchange for just a *little* more good-faith patience. Our early purchasers of Fire Chiefs through Sirtoys or the KOncept Ebay will also have "free passes" to Phase II and III upon request, with proof of purchase.

But for everyone else who hasn't gotten around to picking one up yet:

Here's the new deal. Chief Fire (and KAT01 Before Him) was always conceived of as a PLATFORM more than a final product. He could be Fire Convoy, Fire Chief, Pyro, or what-ever the heck else you want him to be. He was supposed to be like the transforming robot version of a "Blank Dunny" Take the generic base and make it your own.

And to that end. All loose Units will be sold for one penny plus shipping on SirToys and Ebay.

Paul's already got the Sirtoys One set up!
    KAT-02 Chief Fire - Standard - Combiner - SirToys.com

Ebay Link (Ebay won't let me list it for less than .99 *Currently Sold Out*):
    !!!!.01!!! KAT 02 Koncept Art Chief Fire Die Cast Transforming Robot Toy (loose) | eBay

Shapeways Upgrade Parts (Final Kits via ebay once original backers are fulfilled)
    Fire Convoy Chest for KAT02 Fire Chief by KOncept by writerwolf on Shapeways
    Fire Convoy Head for KAT 02 Chief Fire by writerwolf on Shapeways
    KAT 02 Koncept Art Fire Convoy Pistol by writerwolf on Shapeways

So troop build, customize, whatever you want, they're LITERALLY ALL yours for the taking.

One caveat, we're holding back just a few cases of boxed-units for nostalgia sake and collector value. A limited quantity of the boxed units will remain on ebay and Sirtoys at the current pricing until they're gone.

And finally, details to follow, but because D/L has gotten f****d over by dreamers and big ideas too many times (including my own), I'm working out a deal with him, by which he'll make all the Fire Convoy and Pyro (and anything else he comes up with) parts available for home-printing or via Shapeways, all proceeds going to paying back what I owe the dude.

So that's it for now. Backers, stay tuned, I'm going to bust hump for you.

Everybody else, go get you some free toys.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks promissing

• Like Like x 1
  3. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Our new hero" LOL

I mean really, let's just be honest here...it's a KO of CW Hotspot and KOs of the rest of the Protectobots in different colors.

I have nothing against KO's, but come on.

I'm surprised Indiegogo allows funding of KO's...learned something new.

• Like Like x 11
  4. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    Okay, this is new. And odd.
    Reminiscent of Pyro. I feel like someone missed the boat here - we could really have had a combining Last Stand cast with: 1) Pyro - Hot Spot mold, 2) Guzzle - Brawl mold; 3) Rotorstorm - Alpha Bravo mold; 4) Fisitron - Offroad mold, and; 5) Impactor - Rook mold.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Slaglock

Slaglock Well-Known Member

rid optimus? sign me up

• Like Like x 2
  6. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    Huh! Well, I'll definitely bite if there's custom colors and a few parts to make him match the IDW incarnation of Pyro. Wouldn't mind a retool of combiner wars figs to Rotorstorm or Guzzle, either.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'd jump on an LSOTW Pyro version, hopefully this funds well!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Nice, i knew someone would doibg it, but this loks promiging, kinda odd, but promising.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I got that part, it was more the wording of "our new hero" showing ownership. I understand that certain addon parts may be designed by your team, it's just the ownership of the figure itself that makes me chuckle. Considering, well, it's just a KO of Hotspot with some addons.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, I enjoy a good KO as much as anyone else, but let's not take full credit, LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

An RiD Optimus? Cool idea. I remember a custom of HotSpot into RiD Optimus, might be nice to look into that one for some inspiration.

But I'm at a loss at the limbs. I would expect to see RiD Prowl, Sideburn and X-brawn. But that can't be those shown limbs.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Limited edition KOs? Screw that, I'll just wait for the KOKO.

• Like Like x 2
  12. motorthing

motorthing We woz robbed

News Credits:
    If it was Pyro I might.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

This would have been a brilliant exclusive for Hasbro or Takara to have released and it would have taken only minor retooling. Hotspot to RiD Optimus, the characters you mentioned, then maybe Skid-Z or one of the Spychangers for the fourth limb. I'd possibly even be in for this KO, if they didn't have the exclusives/limited run thing going on with it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Would have liked an RID Prime from that mold, but not an oversized one.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

The add-ons are what I was talking about, though. I'm just not that interested in the general release set, but I'd be all over a set with the add-ons and with Car Brothers or Spychanger limbs.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

Looks shit just like the original with worse colours

• Like Like x 1
  17. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    So... Just a KO that stole from another toy you KO'd Parts from? O_O

I see.

If you ever hope to be taken even remotely seriously as a supposed 3rd Party Company, you really need to stop stealing. I know I know, in china you call it sharing. but facts are facts.

This project had the potential to be something awesome and you went and mucked it up. :/

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great to see you back guys.

These are the OS toys with a Leader class torso and Voyager limbs, right?

As for limbs for Fire Convoy, I would like Rook into X-Brawn. He appeared that way in the club comics.

[​IMG]

Also Breakdown into RiD Prowl/Alert.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A Pyro head option might be popular.

• Like Like x 1
  20. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Why not make it into a Headmaster Jr. and make a Carb headmaster for it? there's 100's of headmasters you can steal -er, I mean make.

• Like Like x 3