Kamen Rider Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Cyberbot8460, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Qazsedcftgb2

Qazsedcftgb2 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Anyone here catch Geats yet? I thought the first episode was pretty good, and the ending definitely has me wanting to see where it goes.

2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm waiting to see which groups have it fansubbed by tomorrow and will pick the one i recognize the most that will also hopefully be the most reliable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Qazsedcftgb2

Ebay:
    I saw two different subs this morning and I picked the one with higher quality upload. This is the first KR I'm watching as it airs so I'm actually not sure who is the most reputable. When you pick one let me know! Even if you just PM me which fansubber is best, since I'm literally clueless on the subject.

4. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

I'm slowly but surely making my way through Kamen Rider Den-O. As of now, I'm up to its 11th episode with Kintaros joining the show's main cast beforehand.

5. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I watched the one from GenmCorp.

I thought the premier was medicore. Not the worst premier ever, but not even close to being one of the best. Frankly, it left me feeling like I didn't need to watch another episode.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Qazsedcftgb2

Ebay:
    Thats the one I watched too. I left with an opposite feeling, I thought it was alright all the way up till the end, and the world reset finally grabbed my interest. I can see how it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. I went into it without many expectations, but it does have me wanting more for now.

7. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The world being reset diminishes any of the stakes. Plus, Geats himself is a complete unlikable jackass. He's trying to be Tendou from Kabuto without any of the charm or charisma that made Tendou likable.

8. Qazsedcftgb2

Ebay:
    I agree, Geats himself was not what I had imagined. I'm wondering what rider the other main guy we saw ends up becoming.

9. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm kind of hoping our main dude ends up becoming Geats.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Qazsedcftgb2

Ebay:
    Thats what I was thinking. I've seen people speculate that the current Geats (Ace) could turn out to be a villain and I think that would be sick if we see him become a new rider or whatever and then the main guy we saw ends up taking up the Geats mantle and restores justice. I dont know how likely it is, but stuff like that is what I'm hoping to see. I never watched Ryuki, but the first episode of Geats reminded me of it's premise with the rider war and all.

11. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh dude, you should definitely check out Ryuki. The opening sequence to Ryuki is still one of the most memorable openings to any Kamen Rider series for me. I mean, it seems very low key, but I had never seen anything like it before at the time. It really set the mood the rest of the series was going to convey.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  12. Qazsedcftgb2

Ebay:
    Its definitely on my must watch list, along with Black, Black RX, Kabuto, Kuuga, Den-O, Ex-Aid, Build, and Zero One.
    I've only watched a bit of the original Kamen Rider, all of W, and about half of OOO. Of course the start of Geats as well. So much to watch, and between Kamen Rider and Power Rangers it's gonna take a while to hit everything I'm interested in. I may start Ryuki after OOO, it's premise has always stuck out to me.

13. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Makes sense. My top recommendation lists are always Black, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Blade, Hibiki, W, and Gaim. Blade is my top favorite Kamen Rider series and I'm glad it has gotten more recognition in recent years.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Taskmaster S

Taskmaster S Well-Known Member

Watched the first 3 episodes of geats today. Really enjoyable and I like how the show portrays the actual main character as the secondary rider

• Like Like x 1
  15. Qazsedcftgb2

Ebay:
    I've been (im)patiently waiting for the subs to drop for episode 3, but I agree with you, I love that the POV character isn't Ace. This season feels like a weird mix of Kamen Rider, Fortnite, and Squid Games but it works so well!

16. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Has Geats himself become likable yet? He was a major turn off for me with the first episode as he had neither the charm or charisma Tendou had in Kabuto (which pulled the same stunt with the main character not being the titular rider).

17. Qazsedcftgb2

Ebay:
    I haven't seen episode 3 yet, but in 2 there's a moment where we see a hint that his unlikable personality is a facade. I wouldn't consider him likable (yet) but like I said, I'm not caught up and we still have 40+ episodes ahead of us.

18. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Who The Hell Do You Think I Am?

YouTube (Legacy):
    Kinda like Kabuto?

19. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    They are still leaving him mysterious but he's done several things in episode two and three that imply he has a good heart.

I just binged the first three episodes and I must say, I like it so far. Tycoon is a great protagonist and the set up is very interesting. Very excited for episode 4. What day do new episodes drop on?

20. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They air on Sundays at 9AM, so it's all up to the fansubbers from there. Some might get it out Sunday morning, others might be Monday night depending on how much translating there is.

I listened to the opening theme and while it's not even close to the level of Live Devil, it's a decent song.