K3 LA HIRE Dx9 x Uniquetoys

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jhund, Jan 29, 2018.

1. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You'd need to ask them. If someone on here says yes, TFsource certainly isn't obligated to honor the thoughts of a random board member.

Sorry to see that happened. :( 

2. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That's horrible! Definitely don't try and fix that yourself. Contact them immediately. For the prices they charge they'd better have awesome customer service.

3. mark1302

mark1302 Member

Wow it looks great! Is it HA Sideswipe?

• Like Like x 1
  4. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    You just quoted his post saying it was...?

• Like Like x 7
  5. meisterman

meisterman Well-Known Member

???

6. RootNegative

RootNegative Well-Known Member

I managed to track down this guy from aliexpress and he is great. I would say this guy and NA soundwave are my top two MPM carbots, with this guy probably being a little more fun to play with that Soundwave. Everything about him is fun, which is what I look for the most in my figures. I will definitely be using this guy as the benchmark to which I judge all future MPM figures to.

• Like Like x 6
  7. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Fully agree!

8. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    LA hire is in the running for best alt mode of all time for me too. Right up there with 07 and TLK Optimus’s truck modes and Ironhide’s topkick.

• Like Like x 4
  9. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

I agree. Mine is primarily in alt mode because it looks really good. Plus it reminds me that this was my first 3P figure.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stryker729

Stryker729 That’s rough, buddy

Is the BSL version EVER getting released? Not really interested at the current ~130 this figure seems to be, but that estimated ~55 dollar price point for original quality would be terrific.

If they were smart they would release a slight redeco with a less jarring headsculpt and probably would see that sell well too.

11. Fuze9

Fuze9 Piddle Patrol

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Agreed. I have that BSL one pre-ordered from ShowZ, but who knows. And yeah, a version that actually looks a bit more like, well, Hot Rod would be amazing.

12. Stryker729

I honestly love everything about this design EXCEPT the head. To be fair, I am a Bayverse enjoyer, but I honestly think it was a good modernization. I just have no idea what they were thinking with the headsculpt.

At least if they had done the exact same head but with a visor instead of 2 giant eyes, that would have been much better, even if it wasn’t faithful to the design.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    When the first concept art of Hot Rod was released I thought that line above his eyes WAS a visor and I thought that was pretty cool, until I realized the circles below were the eyes. The face doesn't bother me too much, it's mostly the bicycle helmet-shaped top of the head that I don't like.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Puulis

Puulis Well-Known Member

Just got mine today from eBay, was wondering if anyone has any insight to this variant? He's clearly not the Thunder Model release as he's got normal tires, the thin hood seam, and the original (not reconstructed) arm greeble.

That said, he has some notable differences from the OG DX9 release: The orange paint on the forearm wheel piece that people use as a KO hallmark doesn't wrap all the way around like it should, and his front brake calipers are (partly) painted unlike the original DX9 release where they aren't at all. Also, the tray is fully clear, whereas going by Jobby's and BensKOs videos it should be a black-backed tray.

The box appears to be a DX9 box, I can't find any differences looking at pictures online. It's made of bleached white glossy pressed cardboard about 1mm thick.

The eBay seller said it's legit and I'm inclined to believe them, but I can't find any pictures online of this variant. Running change? I could see a paint op being moved from finishing the forearm guard to painting the brake caliper as they're on the same piece.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

15. Fuze9

Fuze9 Piddle Patrol

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hunh. No idea. But heck, let us know the build quality after you’ve run it through its paces and if there’s more where that came from. I’m still holding out hope for that mysterious BSL release, but maybe this’ll be good enough?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Puulis

Puulis Well-Known Member

Oh, he's really solid, feels very much like Peru Kill. Only complaint so far is that the rear roof/engine lid assembly seems to be about a millimeter too high in car mode, but that seems to be somewhat common even on the original release. That and he smelled funny, but what eBay figure doesn't? Other people's houses smell weird.
    The tray layout is also identical to the original run, which isn't true of the TH KO.
    Like I said, he seems good enough to be official, but perhaps a running change or 2nd run. I got him from a private seller in the States who sold him open box, so no idea where to get more.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stryker729

Hey, sorry for thread bump as this isn’t BSL news (doesn’t look like that shit is happening unfortunately) but TFSafari seems to have the original in stock. I figure $99.99 + free shipping is better than the 140 TFSource is charging. They never carried the KO and it says rubber tires so I’m pretty sure it’s the original. Says “2021-6 Reissue batch in stock. Only a few sets available.”

DX9 Toys K-3 K3 La Hire (Hot Rod Rodimus) Reissue 19cm

• Like Like x 4
  18. chaoswolf013

chaoswolf013 Active Member

Don't know if there was a change, but mine is just pinned in.

19. Puulis

Puulis Well-Known Member

The Thunder Model KO uses pins for those sliders. Does yours have a glossy or matte roof? Is the tire tread rounded like a bicycle tire, or distinctly squared off?

20. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Hmm, I got one, used, off eBay as well, and it is exactly like yours. Everything about it looks and feels legit as well. Defitnely not the Thunder model, it has the flat painted roof, screws instead of pins under the hood, etc.

I'm guessing running change? But man, I'd much rather have the properly painted forearms instead of the painted brake calipers.