Justice League - Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by transfan681, Apr 27, 2014.

1. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

If the WB/DC Animation division wasn't such a shit-show now, I'd say that it would be cool to get an animated adaption of what the "Snyder Cut" would have looked like. Yes, it would need all original voice-work -- there's no way you're getting everyone back for an animated feature, but it would be interesting.

But I'd rather have an animated adaption of Burton's "Superman Lives" before that. I bet you could get Nick Cage for cheap now.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I like Whedon when he can do his own projects that play to his strengths, but there are very few writer/directors out there who have as much trouble getting out of their own way. Kevin Smith and... really, that's about it. Even Zack Snyder has less trouble with it, although I wouldn't call him better by any means.

My suspicion is that it has more to do with bitterness about not being brought back for Avengers 3. I have a feeling there was an argument during negotiations between Whedon and Marvel Studios over whether Avengers' success was due to the job Whedon did, or if it would have been successful regardless, based on the strength of the properties. If Whedon could have repeated his Avengers success on Justice League, it would have been an enormous IN YOUR FACE to Marvel.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I guess there could be some truth to that, but personally speaking, I genuinely believe Whedon's own claims that HE chose to bail on directing more because Age of Ultron damn near killed him, and of course he was upset by all that nerd rage backlash he got about his writing of Natasha blah blah blah. That, and also by his own admission, while it was his idea to introduce Thanos, he had no idea what to actually do with that character or story thread afterward... which is why AoU completely sidesteps it despite the big reveal at the end of Avengers.

For me, the biggest tell that Whedon was essentially bought was how his name doesn't even show up anywhere in JL credits. In a town and industry that is 100% driven by egos & clout, Whedon signing off on NOT having his name attached despite apparently directing over half of the movie says everything. Especially when, on paper and in theory, that movie could have been a blockbuster monster. Obviously it went the other by bombing, but what if that thing was the biggest & best thing since Avengers, Star Wars, Jurassic whatever? Whedon's name still wouldn't have been on it either.

That's just what I think, but I guess the only people that know for sure are WB, Snyder & Whedon.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm. Is Zack Snyder hinting at additional photography for a future release of his cut, aka “Zack Snyder’s Justice League”?

As someone pointed out on social media, what would be the point of a golden ticket if there were no chocolate factory?

edit: I guess I should add that this slate is given to the winner of a fan poster contest Zack and a bunch of his fans set up.

B3C9B60C-A42E-4E6C-B969-FC7E4DDAC7A5.jpeg 478591E3-FD3D-4CDF-A7CB-BCD9D35AB0DB.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who the fuck is "Louis"? :p 

6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    My best guess is Lois. With a U mistakenly (or deliberately?) slipped in.

Anyway, Martian Manhunter sounds cool. Wish he'd had a chance.

7. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess the misspelling is part of having dyslexia? I honestly don’t know.

8. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
  9. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. And I don’t think a Snyder cut will fix any of that.