Justice League - Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by transfan681, Apr 27, 2014.

1. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    The thanksgiving weekend is gonna save this movie.
    'Justice League' faces a steep climb to $1 billion as opening weekend falls short of $100M mark

And don't forget what Liefeld said about this.
    Deadpool Creator: 'Justice League' Movie Will Make a Billion | Inverse

Right now worldwide, It's almost at 300 Million. So prepare for the insanity

Also back on topic,
    did anyone got a Dragon ball vibe with Superman's resurrection. I mean it reminded me when Goku came back after he died from Raditz & Piccolo even almost a year later. But you know, in a different way.

2. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Just saw it. Was not awful or great just perfectly average. I would compare it to Age of Ultron in terms of how much I like it. Which seems to be the same opinion of a lot of people. Just sick of CGI armies of course and could feel Synder and Weedon two styles. This movies biggest flaw was cleaning up the mess of Batman v Superman by having to bring Superman back to life. The pay off was cool with the fight but he did not need to be dead to begin with. Probably just did this because he is so OP they needed him to be out of the way till the final fight. I wish there was an Aquaman movie and Flash before all this. At least Aquaman since his scene with Mera was weirdly just exposition on where he is in life now. So sick of CGI battles. Although Wonder Woman saving the bank was great in the begining and the opening scene with Batman was great too. Superman finally could smile and be happy which was refreshing. Boring villain of course going MCU style here. Although I guess the only good DCEU villain is Zod so both Marvel and DC need to pick up their game with bad guys. Although Wonder Woman I enjoyed the General, Doctor Poison, and Ares and will give them credit but we need more GREAT villains.

Anyways yea I give it like a B-

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Nope.
    Look at the power house Thor has been. It's MCU. It has its audience built already.
    The DCU is still fledgling and flailing. Even if JL was any good it would still be beat by ThorMarvelDisney.

4. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Coco.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    You think a B list at best character like Thor would bring in a bigger audience Superman and Batman?

6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As amazing as Thor was, I agree with this. If WB didn't screw up BvsS and made JL properly, this movie could have easily made $150-200 million opening weekend.

7. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Yup.

But WB DID screw up BvS.
    We don’t live in the land of coulda woulda shoulda; we live in the here and now... and WB had no business putting a compromised Frankenstein of a movie like JL up against Thor and the MCU.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sigh, some people have no imagination. Next, you'll be saying super hero movies should have realistic physics in them.

9. ShinGi

ShinGi Well-Known Member

No way in hell it does 1 billion,if it does 800 million it would be a miracle at this point .

10. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Yes. Also why should we care what Rob Liefeld says?

Wow.

11. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    What does that have to do with anything I said?

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mind you, that’s something we can only really say with Ragnarok’s massive success story already in the bag.

Only a year or so ago, though, we’d be looking at Marvel’s worst critically received franchise hero up against DCs giant centrepiece film.

But that switch certainly flipped within this last year. Thor’s trailers and their incredible reception (the first trailer was THE most-watched trailer of the year) sent its hype train on a rocket ride to the stratosphere. Meanwhile, Justice League’s promotional materials only incited the same lukewarm response as the previous DCEU movies. That’s when the writing was really on the wall.

Warner Brothers have been incredibly bullish and stubborn about their handiling of the DC films. They’ve been determined to tap into that Marvel money at all cost, without putting in the requisite legwork to properly build it up. It’s no surprise to me that they had the hubris to put it up against Thor. But pushing on like that, while still seemingly unable to actually crack that formula in making a GOOD superhero movie in this day and age, it’s costing them bigtime.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

As a sign of how bad 2017 has been a domestic opening of $96 million is still enough to put Justice League in 25th place on the yearly domestic chart.

14. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    I’ll go one step further:
    They should have released this film in January so that it can have a decent chance before Black Panther.

Because even a B list character like Black Panther would kick JL’s ass at the box office.

15. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait. You mean they don't?!?! :eek: 

16. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Thor vs JL is a strange argument. This isn't about a B-list character vs a team of A-listers. This is about a good movie vs a bit of a mess... Sometimes good movies miss the audience but for the most part an excellent movie brings in the viewers. JL just isn't excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Sure, hind sight is 20/20.
    But Thor not only has the success of the MCU behind it, but it’s also known to lead into the highly anticipated Avengers as well.

What does Justice League have? A bitter tasting BvS. Sure, WW could have given them some legit hope but there is still more failure than success to entice audiences.

So yeah, this lays at the feet of WB. They wanted Marvel’s piece of the pie without earning it.

As for me, personally, I don’t watch any DC shows on WB. But if I did watch shows like The Flash, why would I want to watch Justice League knowing that Flash has nothing to do with the Flash I’ve invested a few seasons in watching? That’s multiple continuities to keep track of.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shocker, I read it didn't do great.

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Yeah this is gonna be... hell, probably more epic than the movie itself.

If you had told me years ago that Thor would easily defeat JL... :lol  Like you said, hindsight is 20/20, but still!

• Like Like x 1
  20. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I listen to a podcast where they review movies. Tuesday they are releasing their Justice League review. On Facebook one of the guys posted that his second viewing he was the ONLY one in the theater. Private screening on opening weekend. That is not a good sign.