Justice League Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by QLRformer, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I think the number of women represented in Justice League is more of an issue than racial diversity.

2. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Fair enough -- racial diversity isn't important to everyone.

I think they would be fine with having most well-known female superhero on the team (Wonder Woman), and then start looking for some racial diversity. If they wanted to go with a non-white female like, say, Vixen, that would be nice, but I don't think she's a big enough deal to be on the League.

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess the issue with Cyborg is they'd have to come up with an origin for him. With Stewart, people are already familar with the Green Lantern corp so it would take less screen time introducing him.

Or maybe....the JL movie is used to introduce Cyborg. Whoever they fight was experimenting & creates Cyborg. The JL frees him and he joins them. Yes, i know jack crap about Cyborg's origin.

4. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I only know Cyborg's origin from the Teen Titans animated series and I have no idea how accurate it is to the comics, but he explained in just a throwaway sentence or two in the first episode. It could be done like that easily in the Justice League since it's another big team story.

I really want to see if they will put Aquaman in the roster. He has been one of the main members of the League for years, but they might not do it because he is often the butt of many jokes. I think they can make it work because I remember a few issues Geoff Johns's Aquaman being pretty good.

5. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True not many female superhero movies out there

All are old or suck or both

Super girl is old and sucked
    Electra is oldish and sucked
    Catwoman isn't technically a hero but it sucked and is oldish
    Black widow is cool,as hell but never a solo character always a supporting one

6. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
  7. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
  8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd like Cyborg, John Stewart. I'm indifferent towards him. I just prefer Hal Jordan more.

9. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Me too. I still like John Stewart, but I think he is at his most interesting when he has other characters like The Flash to bounce off of. On his own, he seems a little bland. Don't get me wrong, I like all of the human Green Lanterns.

10. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
  11. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

Good to hear. It's time to move on from the Nolan films.

Just got back from MoS and loved it. If it's the first in a shared DC Universe (I noticed a certain logo on a satellite they crashed through while fighting) then I'm all for it.

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

bleh just make wonder woman michelle rodriguez. screw the iconic look.

just pick a great actress. :lol 

13. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Not that I think WB is bold enough to try, but seeing as the Amazons of Greek Myth were placed anywhere between Libya and the Ukraine, they could go for a non-Anglo Diana. Possibly North-African, Middle-Eastern, or even just Greek.

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

make her asian. i dare you WB.

i really really HOPE zack does NOT direct justice league, after watching man of steel.

15. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Gina Torres? Just sayin'.

16. sh002

sh002 Banned

I would love for Nolan to be a part of this. So much potential has already been established.

17. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    found this artwork and couldn't help but to share it
    the best of both worlds transformers in the form/shape of the justice league

Attached Files:

18. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    Warner Bros wants Man Of Steel 2 so bad, huh?
    No, no. This is how I think it should be done, all with a Wonder Woman TV show during this:
    • Aquaman
    • Green Lantern 2 (with or without Reynolds)
    • Man Of Steel 2
    • Superman & Batman: The World's Finest
    • Justice League

For Green Lantern, build off of the elements introduced in the first film. It actually had a important cliffhanger. And if Ryan Reynolds doesn't come back, then introduce someone like John Stewart. And if the first GL has to take place before or after MoS, then a good but short explanation to why Hal Jordan didn't help Superman is that he was out on a different mission elsewhere in space. If Ryan Reynolds doesn't come back, use Sinestro and say he killed off multiple Lanterns including Hal. Lame, but understandable.

A Batman reboot isn't needed. He just needs more acknowledgement throughout this DC Cinematic Universe.

And I hear a Wonder Woman series titled Amazon is in the works. Good. Use that. And have the Season finale (for the first season, probably) hint that she'll join the Justice League.

Man Of Steel 2 should be the 2nd to last film before Justice League. After MoS 2, then a World's Finest film (Superman/Batman crossover) should be made. This would serve as a PERFECT test to how these totally different superheroes in the DC Universe would connect in the films. Testing out the chemistry, seeing how action scenes would appear, making a story that would tie into Justice League, and so on. A film that would not only want Audience being amused AND wanting more from Justice League, but one that producers & writers can take notes from as they polish the script for Justice League.

Oh, and I haven't watched any episode from the Arrow series yet. But if they want him in there, then I'm not 100% sure on how they could, but I think it's possible, unless someone says otherwise.

19. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I agree with the MOS2 -> S/M: World's Finest -> Justice League, but disagree, greatly, with starting with Aquaman and Green Lantern.

Especially with Aquaman, since there is a good chance that he won't even be in the League at all. Green Lantern is also way too risky, until you've re-established the character in Justice League.

I also agree that Batman doesn't need his origin re-told in a solo movie. Just quickly cover that in World's Finest to establish this aint the Nolan Batman.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  20. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits: