Just when you think PETA can't get any more odious...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Draven, Feb 3, 2010.

1. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    :lol 

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    that is the single greatest photo EVER.....and yea, everyone knows i hate PETA with a passion, same old stuff

3. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    One for one so far.

Now I've been degraded to discussing the discussion. This is as far removed from reality as it gets.

4. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

You win teh intertubes for today. I love that movie.

As for PETA, well...fuck them, right in their massively hypocritical, shockingly insensitive faces.

Wrong. They are opportunistically using the brutal death of a child to push an agenda only tangentially related, at best, to that crime.

These are the same people who have compared ranching to the Holocaust.

By the way, PETA makes no distinction between humane use of an animal and deliberate sadism. None. They are against any and all usage of animals, even if we did it with less cruelty than other animals hunt with, they don't accept it.

So when I have gone hunting, made sure I had a clean shot, anchored the animal with it, and then ran up to cut its throat or wring its neck (depending on size) so it dies quickly, then ate it and used the skin, somehow, to them, that is worse than a pack of wolves slowly tearing a living elk apart and starting to eat it while it still lives.

They also kill a lot of animals, so really, they're actually closer, by their own tactics to this guy than most people.

So yeah, fuck those rotten hippie bastards.

You are totally wrong. The organization itself, at its highest levels, absolutely condones this sort of amazingly offensive behavior. Always.

Sorry, but your "environmemtal heroes" are hypocrites and are associated with a domestic terrorist group, the ALF. They don't seem to love animals so much as hate humanity.

So "raaagh...PETA rage." :b

You have nothing but ad hominem attacks here because the organization, as a whole, is so indefensible on almost any level.

- Coeloptera

5. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Despite how cool that would be to do, this picture makes me side with Peta more. I can almost smell the many years of Cheetos powder that is stuck in that man's beard.

Excuse me sir...... I disagree! *drives off*

6. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Two for two.

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    it's a stupid argument for that, but not for this. The poster is about reporting abuse. Regardless of whether an animal abuser will go on to abuse humans, they should be reported. Unlike videogames, this is not a victimless crime. They never say you have to take the PETA definition of animal abuse. If it looks like abuse to you, report it.

As offensive goes, I find this pretty low on the scale. I certainly couldn't describe it as 'amazingly offensive'. It doesn't offend me. The family of Baby P are the ones that let him down. If this offends them, too bad.

If they wanted to really offend people there's worse pictures they could have used.

[​IMG]

8. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Except it won't because nobody focused on the message as everyone was too offended by the way they went about promoting it.

Except if the poster didn't have the face in the first place, it would still be up and the message would still be out there.

Except this discussion is about the poster and whether or not PETA's use of it was was offensive, not whether animal abuse as a child leads to murder as an adult. Their message is being ignored because people are focusing on their tactics.

I'm kind of offended you can assume people don't care about animal abuse because they're too busy focused on how this guy brutally tortured and murdered a one year old baby. While all life is important, as another person said, it's more of a sliding scale then an either or. While I would put the life of a new born baby over that of a house cat, I would easily put the life of a house cat over the life of an inhuman savage like this guy.

So in other words, offending a community of people and forcing them to recall a horror that stains the entire town is ok, as long as they remember PETA's name? Because I can assure you, that's all that will be remembered from this incident. Not the message they're delivering, but they way they chose to do it.

No one here is arguing or debating against what was said as being true or not, hell most people will agree that animal abuse is an early sign of trouble and decry the abuse of animals very vocally. The only thing being discussed here is PETA and their tactics, while the original message gets drowned out in a sea of rage. If they just put up the poster without the picture, it would just be the message they were trying to convey and no one would really complain. However putting up a billboard that specifically and directly antagonizes a community gets the whole world talking about PETA.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

If by family, you mean mother, then you should know she's in jail. So she's not all that offended. The rest of the town however is, because, ya know, they can feel empathy that an innocent child suffered and died in that way. And having the face of the creature who did it shoved down their throats on a daily basis is kind of jarring and pretty damn cruel.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

" If the cemetary is full, just toss them in the dumpster" -PETA

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is amazing that in their quest to love, protect and exalt animals, PETA refuses to allow people to do just that.
    that is why they will fail, All the time.

12. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

no people are nuts

13. Dark_Rage

Dark_Rage Jaded Member

14. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

:rolleyes: 

Obviously you don't think the same way I do and it's rather sad that a human life means more to you than an animal's life (and it seems to seep through your post as you disregard the animals this idiot killed and only care about the kid when both the animals AND the poor little baby he killed are all innocent and didn't deserve to die, especially the way they did). To me, killing an animal is the same as killing any person. Animals have hearts and feelings and emotions and personalities, just like people do. I don't hold them any lower on the totem pole just because they don't look or talk like we do. As I stated before, when my cat died last year, it was like losing my kid. That is just how I look at animals and my point still stands that if this guy was just an animal killer, people wouldn't make such a fuss over it because, to a lot of people, it's 'oh well, what a shame' but when it's a human, people flip out.

A baby is dependant. He/she needs to be fed and cleaned and given liquid to drink and played with and paid attention to. Animals are the same (we are talking house pets, not wild animals). They need to be walked and fed and given water and played with and paid attention to. Both babies and animals need to be taught what is right and wrong.

Maybe you just don't have pets (and if you do/did and still don't get my POV, well....) but just about anyone who has pets and is very close to them understands exactly what I am saying here. Pets become a part of the family. I don't look at them as just pets. I have four pets and they keep me pretty darn busy during the day, just like any kid would.

Killers of animals AND/OR humans are equally worthless to society. It doesn't matter that it is a human or an animal, it matters that it is a LIFE that some useless asshole decided to take. People just need to stop distancing people and animals and focus on the LIFE part of it.

If you feel that a person's life is more important than an animal's, that is your opinion and you are free to have it. I just personally think it's sad because a life is a life is a life.

15. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

bingo!!

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Phase... Two. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

17. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

Several friends of mine are hunters. My Great Grandpa used to be a hunter. When I get my license, I'll be a hunter too. Are we "useless assholes" because we hunt animals for food?

18. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering how many animals PETA kills every year, I think they are just trying to have something to piss and moan about.

19. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    This. PETA disgusts me, because they use everything they can as an agenda to get their point across, instead of being more active. How much gas could have been purchased to drive to kennels, or to buy food for abused animals, instead of printing posters about some lunatic child killer? I'm sick of them capitalizing off of famous events to give their weak agenda.

In this case, they used someone who KILLED A BABY to promote their agenda. That's in poor taste, shifting the focus from the murder of a child, to it's possible link to animal cruelty.

Also I hear people talking about life being life and murder being murder, and I agree. Yet I do hold human life above that of any animal, not because I don't respect that life, but because animals DO NOT have the same level of sentience that we do. They have the same basic characteristics, except that they don't have a conscience. The fact that we can act beyond instinct, and that we have the ability to be responsible for and take care of animals does make our lives of a higher value. Animals are not dumping pollution into the world... we are. To me, because we HAVE to hold ourselves to a higher standard, we carry more weight.

Still, one who kills ANYTHING without purpose other than savagery is the lowest form of life in the universe.

20. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Only if you kill the cute animals.