just saw code of warrior....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by optimus major, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honor by whose standards?

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Dinobot is a Ronin type of warrior and honor they have a personal code of honour

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I love Dinobot! :cry 

*drumroll*

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    F'sure

5. DinobotGrimlock

DinobotGrimlock Well-Known Member

Dinobot's code of honor is different than that of both the Pred's and the Maximal's. he believes in a one on one fair fight to the death. Code of a Hero he shows that he has grown to actually care about other innocent life forms that will not give him any strategic advantage. Plus he is willing to lay down his life to save countless others.

I also thought that the Trasmutate episode was touching not as much as Code of a Hero but still enough to be a tear jerker.

6. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    I really loved this episode as well. He knew he was going to die, but went through it all anyway for the greater good. It does choke you up a little...and it's a friggin cartoon!

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I agree and disagree.

Code of Hero was phenominal... throughout the series, Dinobot searched himself to find the "right" path, that was congruous (ooh, big word, eek! Did I really use that?) with both his personal goals and what he felt was... well... "right." Which lead to him changing sides so much. Let's face it, Primal was kinda wishy-washy, and Dinobot felt that more direct action was the better idea. Whether he was right or wrong is immaterial. It wasn't so much his death, but the culmination and, in fact, crescendo of his beliefs that brought him to the point to say, "Okay. This is going to be my death, but if I don't act, it will be wrong." The emotional impact didn't come from the fact that he sacrificed himself, but from the fact that he was a character built on so many beliefs and he followed through, to the end.

Granted, to some people, this isn't a big deal. That's fine. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. This post is mine. :) 

Transmutate was just in a different league. It focused on three characters, not just one... one of the three being brand new, and the other two more recent additions to the cast... However, it went and showed the best of Silverbolt, and the softer side of the rampaging Rampage (forgive the pun)... which made it a beautiful case of writing, simply different.

It's like comparing apples to oranges (which, if you ask me, is an overused phrase). They're both fruit, both sweet, and, if you're so inclined, both very very yummy... yet just different.

Yeah, this is about how I look at it. :) 

8. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

Its not that he switched back and forth between honorable/dishonorable. He was always the honorable character, he was having doubts about what was really honorable. In the beginning he thought honor was victory and the glorious rerise of the predacons, but gradually his mind changed.

9. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    You are all mad, Carnage in C Minor is the most poignant piece of Transformers fiction hands down.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Erm, it's not only the twisted 'romance' between Rampage and Transmutate, but the heavy issues of people with physical and metal disabilities, society's treatment of them, and euthanasia.

Adult fans wanted grown up, adult stories in Transformers? Well this is THE one, and could be something they would do on say, Star Trek or some other social commentary scifi series.

11. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Well, now, Star Trek didn't exactly have the most subtle writing.

[​IMG]
    HEY GUYS THIS EPISODE IS ABOUT RACISM OKAY

12. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I'm going to go on the record as the first person it seems that didn't like Dinobot. I thought his character was aggrivating even moreso than Rattrap or Cheetor and I thought all his soul-searching and talk of the future was too cliched. I hated how powerful they made him, especially taking down every single Predacon. I'm glad he died in the end because I was happy to see him go.

But I did love the Transmutate episode, mostly because of Rampage's treatment of her. It was new to see a Predacon show real concern or even affection towards another character and I think it's something that had been severely lacking in all the stories before or after. Just because a character wants universal domination or to rain destruction down en masse, doesn't mean they can't show emotion towards another creature. Wow, that sounds cheesy, but it's true. It just showed another dimension to a character that could be seen as totally shallow.

13. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I guess you missed my comments. :)  I'm not a fan of Dinobot either.

14. DinobotGrimlock

I respect your opinion, but if Dinobot was so overly powerful why did he die taking on all the predicons? Yeah he did it but it took every once of strength, and Megs ran not because he was defeated by Dinobot but because the rest of the maximals were coming and the disk was gone anyway.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    EASILY. I still get watery eyes when I watch it.

16. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    And me too. Can't stand the guy.

17. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Glad to know I'm not alone.

I know he died from the injuries, but NO ONE else was able to stop him? I remember another episode where Megatron's cannon and Dinobot's eye-beams were blasted against each other (does that make sense?). Somehow Dinobot's beams were strong enough to force Megatron to his knees. I know his head was smoking at that point, but how does Dinobot's 6 firepower equal Megatron's 10? How is that not over-powered?

18. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    If it weren't for Dinobot, we wouldn't be alive having this conversation :p 

19. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Well, imo simply, I thought that was quite an appropriate ending to such a character. After all the conflicts and stuff, he finally had a sure cause to fight for, even if it meant his death.

Besides, how could ya say no to how he dealt with Rampage and Waspinator? *headshot*

Also, "Transmutate" was also quite a moving episode. It was obvious why Rhinox and most Maximals were intending what they were, but it was not something they'd enjoy nor would be a easy thing to do, and the irony of the situation when Transmutate gets killed while preventing the two other people who cared for her from annihilating eachother.

And... Silverbolt's speech at the end was just something else. Like... there couldn't be two more different people, a shining knight and a bloodthirsty monster, yet... as Silverbolt said, they were, for the moment, brothers.

20. DinobotGrimlock

hmm I still don't have a problem with the Code of a Hero, but I do see your point about him vs Megatron.