Just Reboot This Franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Spunky, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

Read the my last two statements which one was longer the humans or the transformers that's my point but it requires you to pay attention they are not in the background you're blind of you think that you're the one whose a waste of time I'm actually putting down actual facts statements that can be shown and proven you're stating the same thing over and over again and like I said I'll take a movie where the transformers still get focus and screen time not all the time but plenty with a story that makes sense and has an actual character arc over a movie that has no real character arc and a story that isn't just basic it's non existent.

Congratulations you have proven my point the fans will accept anything so long as the robots are the only focus so in truth it doesn't matter what the movies do so long as there is even a shred of human focus you won't care about the story so I ask do you actually know what a good transformer story would be considering your reaction I highly doubt it.

The writers can't give you what you want it's not possible it's never been done before not with Jurassic park, not with Et or Planet of the Apes or Guardians of the galaxy it's never been done because it can't be the movie you're asking for wouldn't even be live action so what would be the point of even doing it in live action look past you're own wants and needs and think rationally look at this from any perspective but a fan, imagine you're a producer or studio who actually has a budget does that sound feasible? In live action on a reasonable budget does that sound even remotely doable? Think, think logically it's not doable not on an even remotely reasonable budget but they're doing the best they can improving the focus with each movie but it can't be that there's not enough money no one would invest it, it's not a guaranteed hit or even a guaranteed success there is no logical reason to do it so if it was your money and there was no even remotely logical reason to spent that much would you?

2. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Dude, this is EXACTLY why it should be done now. TF is a PROVEN franchise that rakes in millions or billions of dollars. This is the movie we SHOULD have started with, but could not. But we COULD now, as a reboot. The budget for this would be huge, but it would rake in a ton of money, and that means the producers would be ok with it. And you COULD have a few humans in there to make it easier for the moviegoers who are not all invested with TFs.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Sideswipe is a new character. the only thing he shares with the g1 character, IS his name.

yes, yes i would. i would change optimus prime to be something different everytime. otherwise it gets really boring. whether he is a pickup truck, or whatever. or heck, a train. train optimus was really cool.

all that is cosmetics. g1 optimus, and movie optimus are clearly two entirely different takes on the same character. I'd totally change the cosmetics of optimus prime. megatron's colors change all the time. why not optimus primes too? and technically, they DID change his colors in the movie. when they added more blue.

again, cosmetics, are you arguing that he should be tracks for the character? or because the vehicle they just happened to pick? again, sideswipe is sideswipe in name only. in the transformers universe, the names are often carried over to new characters. Ironhide for example, is in no way his g1 self. which is why he is not red.

that is the problem with the whole movie. all four movies. it is from the perspective of the wrong characters. it is like making a superman film, where we follow Jimmy Olsen, and his girlfriend, around while he's taking pictures of superman doing stuff.

that is the problem with hollywood doing transformers in general. they do not understand that transformers are the stars of transformers. and not props. the movies treat them like props.

transformers the movie was from the perspective of the transformers. and that is the real difference between the bay films, and the animated film.

hell, even beast wars 2 the movie, was about the transformers.

the human characters are fine. but they are not really why we are there.

we are not there to watch sam's and sam's girlfriend or parents do whatever the hell they do. we are not there to see carly. we are not there to see Cade, or whoever else.

we are there to see transformers. otherwise we might as well just watch the Gi Joe movies. because they do a WHOLE lot better job of being a military movie.

but the writers in jurassic park DO give us exactly what we want. they give us dinosaur carnage, great characters to woot for, and make us want them to survive. jurassic park is a monster movie. and it does that well. there are tons of movies that give me exactly what i want from it, Dredd, Carebears, Transformers the movie, hell, even Rainbow Brite the movie.

writers can give us exactly what we want.

4. Lord Tron

No it wouldn't rake in a ton of money quit thinking everyone thinks like you they don't people like both characters I have talked to people who do enjoy the movies and they like the interaction between both they don't want a pure robot movie at least not a main one am i looking forward to the prequel yes i am will it be one of the least successful probably because others won't feel the same not everyone is a transformer fan did the movie rake in lots of money what's that no, exactly it wouldn't make more it would make less there is no reason to do it not in live action anyway.

And you're opinion on the other franchises aren't the same because you don't have a biased perspective you're not expecting the dinosaurs to be the main characters, Dredd is a human, care bears is animated they don't count because they're not the same situation and I will say this one more time read my list of transformer scenes you got plenty and you better hope it doesn't reboot otherwise you'll be back at square one a first installment doesn't get a big budget not often anyway.

Wake up and think logically it wouldn't make as much money because the other one didn't predacons rising didn't even go to theaters and guess what if it did it wouldn't of made as much your movie is a bad investment it would cost a lot and may not even make it all back stop being so selfish are you even listening to yourself, here i'll put what you are basically asking.

Hey paramount you should make a movie entirely about the robots off earth in space it would cost a lot of money but it's the movie I wanted to see you should spent countless hundreds of millions of dollars for a bunch of fans who do nothing but complain and forget about the fans who actually don't. It would make money all the true transformer fans would see it and I'm sure we're larger than the general public and I'm sure the general public has the same opinion as us.

That's basically what you're saying and it's absurd why would they spent an absurd amount of money for such a selfish fan base who complain about everything there's no reason especially at the risk of losing the audience you have.

5. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Wrong. Sideswipe is a veteran character in a Bay created body. Same with Jazz, Ratchet, Ironhide. Bay and company took those characters and gave them Bay makeovers. Go back and read some of Bay's interviews about those characters, he pretty much lays it all out there. He even started using frigging code names to keep those characters under wraps.
    Perhaps the two of you should start a thread of your own, if you think the rest of us fans are so clueless and daft. Just a friendly suggestion :) 

6. Dolza_Khyron

if Jazz were was named Pathfinder, could you really tell the difference? Jazz is Jazz in name only.

good for them liking the movie. what does that have to do with facts?

my "opinion" is that a movie titled transformers should be about transformers. as much as Dredd is about Dredd, Care Bears the movie is about Care Bears, and Jurassic park, is about a prehistoric broken down zoo. i expect the names of movies to reflect what they are actually about. Even Man of Steel, a movie i hated, was about the Man of Steel, aka Superman. at least it understood that superman was the title character. perhaps you didn't understand what i meant by using those examples though.

i really do not care if Paramount makes a billion dollars on each film or not. I just want a good film, that is about transformers. when i sit down to watch a film, Called Transformers. or whatever it is called. whether it is transformers, or gobots, or Jem, or whatever. it's like when they made a superman film, and it starred richard pryor, and GUEST starred superman. occasionally. don't tell me it is a transformers film, if they are not actually going to be the focus. because it isn't. it really should be called "sam buys a talking car."

actually, that probably would make a lot of money, and it'd totally be entirely animated anyways. i mean, there have been plenty of films that have zero humans in them. which are really good films.

perhaps because, they are marketing it towards a nostalgic audience. or perhaps, because it would actually be about the transformers. instead of sam and michael bay's girlfriends.

7. SunSwipe5

As a matter of fact, yes I could. I'd wager any lifelong fan could, as well. I'll use Cross hairs as an example. He may have been green with a trenchcoat, but his personality screamed Sunstreaker. His black paint highlights were even in the shape of a sun. You could very easily change his name from Crosshairs ( which is also just happens to be a G1 name) to Sunstreaker.

8. Dolza_Khyron

wait, WHAT? :lol  exactly what did he have in common character wise with the g1 cartoon sunstreaker?

i didn't see him complaining about scratches.

again, you seem to be putting names with vehicles, rather than names with personalities.

9. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Here we go again...

Sigh.

10. Lord Tron

Dolza you're missing the point you're movie is not possible animated movies don't make as much anymore frozen and toy story were the exception not the rule and Man of Steel was just as much about Lois as it was Clark later on showing her quest for a story and eventually tracking him down just like Age was about Cade and Optimus.

You didn't list any facts I'm the one listing facts you're the one ignoring them look at my transformer scene list then my human scene list one clearly out balances the other and it ain't the humans.

So for the last time they're not guest characters they're in more than half the movie or in Age's case about 75% or even 80% of the movie. That's not a guest star seriously no where near it's more than almost any other CG character has ever been given.

So quite being a spoiled brat which you are being, basically going I want more than saying wah that wasn't enough and crying and complaining and never having enough like a spoiled brat.

11. tokuformers

tokuformers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    movie transformers only with robots set in Cybertron, in space like Starwars, on planet earth or any other planet, live action or animation, I'm sure can do a lot more money.
    You may even surpass the 2 billion or avatar.
    will depend on how the film is made of pre production to release.

explore the interaction between the characters.
    characters of combat skills in robot form, vehicle or any other form (stealth force, weaponizer, mechtech, toy line).
    futuristic veiclulos.
    all kinds of advanced futuristic weapons, like fall of cybertron, transformers universe, toys and other examples.
    combiners, female transformers, Titans (metroplex and others) and flying characters, combat vehicles as the ark, battle tank, ships and other vehicles.
    characters like Skylynx (G1 or prime), Darksteel, Lazerback, thundertron and other Predacons style.
    Dinobots.
    history, mythology, religion, beliefs, technologies, elements, characterization of the characters, better human characters with better performance.
    explore the characteristics of the planet Cybertron.
    using motion capture and facial expression.

summarizing: explore the true potential of transformers universe.

hire a good director, producer, writer and editor.

12. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Oh no, we "get" it, I just don't think it needs to be this way.

What the Geewunners do need to get is that this is a different facet of the franchise. It's a complete retelling of a story of Transformers. It... generally happens every time a new cartoon series comes out, unless it's a continuation like Prime and RID2015.

This isn't meant to be a recreation of G1 on the silver screen, it's meant to be Transformers, changed and modified so while it's telling similar stories it's not a rehash of the same characters, exact plots etc. from before.

Not everyone grew up and watched G1. With slightly over 20 years of history (from the first movies debut in 2007) you're going to have people across the fandom who have different "source materials" for their Ironhide. It's not always going to be a red van, it could very well be a red and blue pickup truck with a massive light and sound fixture on his roof that also did a very poor job of hiding his robot head.

That's the point for all this. G1 isn't just the source material for every single Transformers fan.

I mean, honestly it's not that hard to identify with Ironhide, or Ratchet. Did you miss the introduction scene? Were you using the bathroom or getting a refill of popcorn?

He's not identifiable to you because he's not what you want him to be. Expecting something to follow a source material when there's isn't just one is obviously going to set you up for disappointment.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's born out of frustration.

Hasbro doesn't always do what fans want Hasbro to do. But about the time you think Hasbro has given up on making you happy they come out with something that makes you feel important as a fan again. Just too many figures aimed at their older fan base to really make a creditable argument that Hasbro doesn't care about their older fans.

While RID went kids only before that Transformers Prime and Transformers Animated really seemed like they wanted to be a bit of something for everyone. Lot of stuff in those series that seemed aimed squarely at people who had watched Transformers in the past.

Get to the live action movies and it seems that Paramount doesn't give the least little shit if you aren't totally on board with what the live action films have been doing. Instead of hey you guys are important to us all you seem to get is the middle finger. On occasion members of the production team have even seemed almost hostile to past fans who aren't happy with the movies.

With Paramount not giving a damn the only people you can get a bit of caring from are other Transformers fans. Yea sure you have a few people with the attitude of old fans should just start pushing up daisies so it could be all Kumbaya around the live action movies. But there are some people who understand that horrible feeling that we will never ever EVER get the film we want while other fandoms are crowing about how they get everything they want from other movie studios.

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

I never said that I don't want a TF film with no humans in it, did I?

All I said is I want a film with less human significance. The transformers should be the ones whose perspective we're given, not shoehorned in humans who have no fucking good reason to be involved.

Wow, did you not even read the bit where I pointed out that it was done back in 1986 with the first film? That wasn't even much more than a Star Wars ripoff and it still did what the films fail to do over a near-decade in that humans should not be the main vehicles of delivering a plot that is not about the fucking humans to begin with.

15. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    First of all, I'm not going to say that 86 movie was thought provoking storytelling, but if you say it's just a rip off of Star Wars you are objectively wrong and have no concept of the Hero's Journey tale, which is far older than Star Wars.

Secondly, it's far easier to tell a story like you want in animation instead of photo realistic CGI. Unless you want the movie to look like a Pixar film the story you want is not economically practical.

16. Dolza_Khyron

the majority of the movie is animated anyways. and it still made billions. in man of steel, superman was still the focus. even if he did sometimes share screentime with others. which is totally acceptable.

what facts have you stated? i don't see any.

So for the last time they're not guest characters they're in more than half the movie or in Age's case about 75% or even 80% of the movie. That's not a guest star seriously no where near it's more than almost any other CG character has ever been given.[/QUOTE]

how am i being a spoiled brat, for wanting more out of films i am PAYING to see in a theater? how am i being a spoiled brat, for wanting a transformers film, about the transformers? and not about sam? sam is an okay character. but is about as transformer as a toaster. hell, at least toaster bot, was a transformer. hell, the "girlbot" from the second film, is more a transformer then he is.

what i "want" is hollywood to understand that transformers are not props. how is that being a spoiled brat?

17. SunSwipe5

Without source material, there are no Transformers movies. They're just movies with giant robots playing second fiddle to humans.
    That being said, THEY ARE pulling from SOURCE material. You would know that if you really knew your Transformers history. It seems to me that there's some deep running negative bias when it comes to the Bay cinematic universe, so far as not wanting any of the Transformers history in those movies.

18. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Some people in our fandom are just fawking ******ed and hard headed.

19. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    I know Transformers history. I'm also not afraid to try something new, and not have the characters be exactly how they were 30 years ago.

There's a huge difference between history and nostalgia humping. The former can be made at anytime. The latter is just a rehash of what we've already seen.

Besides, your entire stance has nothing to do with history. You just wanted characters you can relate to because that's how they were in G1. That's just more nostalgia humping, and has nothing to do with Transformers history as a whole.

Tell me about it, like those guys living in the past and enjoy a franchise that is based on changing yet it's too hard of a concept to grasp when it happens any other time.

I mean, some people in this fandom bitch and moan and expect things to go their way when the franchise literally has several different outlets that cater to all ages and fans. You want Geewun? DVDs, Masterpiece figures are for you.

Except Beast Wars. Because fuck Beast Wars. Hasbro doesn't give a shit about Beast Wars.

But I digress. The fact that you're resorting to insults now (the dummy remark I let slide) just proves you have nothing left but to throw a temper tantrum.

Enjoy your Geewun, Monica.

20. Lord Tron

Dolza you're being a brat for not seeing what you already have Optimus is not a prop, Bumblebee is not a prop, Hound and Crosshairs weren't props, Lockdown and Sentinel. Across four movies Megatron almost has much screen time and lines as Darth Vader did in three that's not bad and hardly a prop.

Wheelie isn't a prop neither is Brains if people actually read my post they would see this but they don't Hound has more personality than G1 Hound, as does Crosshairs, Movie Prime is probably the most fleshed out Optimus ever except for maybe IDW. Megatron has more personality and humanity than almost any other version of the character.

That's the problem you're ignoring what you have Optimus was the focus of G1 Bumblebee was a focus too but they never did anything with them. Megatron was the villain but the show never did anything with him.

That's what I mean they may not always be the focus but they have as much or more personality than their G1 counterparts do notice that instead of the fact that they're not always the focus notice that the movies actually does stuff with them that some even have arcs another thing neither the show or animated movie did, notice those elements notice that movies do more actual character stuff with the robots than the show or animated movie did.