Just Got ROTF Leader And Legend Class Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dark Galvatron, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

Well, earlier today me and mom had to go out and do some running around to get stuff for my new place. When we got back to the house and mom unloaded her van, she said she had something for me. It turns out that since I'm broke, she did me a huge favor today and bought me the Leader and Legend Class versions of Optimus Prime from Revenge Of The Fallen!

I haven't gotten Leader Optimus Prime out of the box yet due to the cleaning we've done, but I did get Legends Prime out and I love him! So today was a really awesome day for me, especially since I saw the Leader Class figure at Wal-Mart just Saturday and was wanting to get one, but couldn't due to the lack of cash.

2. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Awesome man. You'll enjoy him. :) 

3. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

Oh I definitely believe that I shall. Especially since he makes the best housewarming gift yet! LOL

4. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Moms are great.

5. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

funny thing is I was just watching the Futurama episode about Mom.
    I REALLY want Leader prime, but I get deluxes alot.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Leader Prime is the best transformers figure ever, IMHO.

7. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

Just got done transforming Leader Prime and, well, it took me almost 2 hours. Seriously. Luckily I bought two because I knew that once I transformed him, he wasn't going to be transformed back. One and done, baby! It's so bad, I needed two YouTube videos to help me.

Awesome toy though. ;) 

8. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

Leader Prime is just AWESOME.

He's my 3rd movie figure, 1st ROTF figure. He's totally winning me over with the new ROTF line.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    True indeed. Grans are cool too. She's always dropping by with a bag from the toystore and saying "The man in the shop told me this Transformer is new out...". Admittedly I do have to sometimes take back a figure where 'The Man' lied and I got myself that one a while back, but for the most part Gran is a top class Transformer spotter. :cool: 

10. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

Just got Leader Optimus Prime out of his box Friday night, and got him transformed into truck mode and back to robot mode last night in 30 minutes. Not a difficult toy if I say so myself. Then, after his transformations were completed, I did a comparison of him next to Movie 01 Leader Class Optimus Prime, and I noticed that their truck modes are practically identical.

11. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    congrats man.. you should pickup Legends and Leader Jetfire(when he comes out)

You can actually combine Legends... wait.. I"ll show you ;) 

[​IMG]

12. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    :cool: :cool: 

Hope you a "Planning to do something" or "Getting Something" nice for you mother when you do have cash available...:thumbs2: :cool: :D 

13. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Not got any larger type transformers in quite some time. Actually Stopped buying them, but I get an odd one or 2 time to time.. some of these from ROTF look ok, might get some smaller ones..

The price for the larger ones could never justify buying, way too expensive. What makes it worse is the fact that this time the prices did not fall over time. For example, leader prime (the blue version) from the first movie is still £40. This time the leader class ones are £45. What next? £50? £60? the prices for tfs now are really too high, even the £10 ones are now £12-15.

I would consider getting ROTF leader prime later on only IF the price goes down. But that is very unlikly. I expect by 2011 ROTF leader prime will still be £45. Perhaps this is the reason TRU still have shelvs full of leader toys from the first movie..... why the hell are they not lowering prices wtf?

14. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    This man does not lie. I just got him today. Best Father's Day gift evar!!! Yes I spelled ever with an a....that's how good prime is.

15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I'm getting deluxes first seeing as they're cheaper.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Werd.

17. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Nice surprise!

I'm eager to get a legends prime. I'm not sure why, but something about that figure just does it for me.

I won't be getting the leader Prime though. I'm happy with the voyager. Once I get it, that is.

18. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

That is awesome man! So cool she did that for you. I am still debating on leader movie prime...seems like I should get it....

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Leader Optimus Prime is incredible. A really good representation of the character in the Movie series, he's easily in the top five Optimus Prime toys ever built. He should really have had 25th anniversary labels on his box, because he is such a cool and definitive toy that he is worthy of being called the "25th Anniversary Movie series Optimus Prime". The omega to the G1 reissue's alpha.

20. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You've got a very cool mom! :)  Leader Prime is such a great toy..anybody who is not buying him for petty reasons such as 'the plastic looks cheap' is doing themselves a disservice, this is easily one of the best Primes ever..might even like him better than my Masterpiece Prime.