Just filed a BBB complaint against FunPub.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I empathize with the OP, but I don't think the BBB will impact FunPub one way or another.

I can't imagine too many fans interested in the magazine/exclusive figure do any sort of background check/research on them before ordering.

2. E.Rabbot

E.Rabbot Abundant Member

That's an outrageous lie.

3. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    If you live in the usa the club is ok, anywhere elese and the club is pure shit. Shipping for a club mag is $23usd to canada thats bullshit.

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its just 5 bucks. personally i'd just pay it if it happened to me. but its not my 5 bucks, its the OPs. and he goddamn well has the right to make a hissy fit if he wants to. fight the power, mah brotha!

yoo ess ay, yoo ess ay!

5. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can go to the TFCC site, log in, and check what address is listed under the account. You can even change it yourself.

As for the $5, while not necessarily an applicable complaint to send to the BBB, it is a matter that has to be worked out with both you and FunPub. As far as I could tell on their Terms and Conditions page, the $5 might apply towards a restocking fee of some sort. Though I'm not a lawyer, so take that with a grain of salt.

6. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

Yeah, back in the 1950's.

7. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    You're kicking up this much of a fuss over $5? Really? I mean, I can understand the principle of the thing, but...$5 isn't going to hurt Funpub one way or the other, and you've probably spent over that in phone bills complaining to their customer service department. BBB probably aren't going to take a complaint over a measly $5 seriously, so all you're doing to yourself is delaying getting Dion. Just pay the fee. You've said yourself that you've never had a problem with them before, so it's just a hiccup. Suck it up and move on. It's not really worth all this hassle.

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    BBB again is to RECORD problems customers have with a business....He clearly stated what he did to fix try the issue...and FP clearly did nothing to correct his problem that resulted with their incompetence...So yes it is worth it...Now this is a Public record with BBB....

Why everyone is hawking about the $5 issue is just stupid...leave the $ amount out of it...

If it were you and a company screwed you over likep this...then told you pay up to fix THEIR problem...would you?

I would not...plus like the OP said earlier...there is Not one guarantee this will get fixed and stay fixed...he could be stuck "paying to fix it" over and over...FP dropped the ball and should eat the cost of postage to fix their mistake...

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Mod

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I've had the club magazine not ship to my house twice because of a move (as I've moved twice during my membership). The first time, I was allowed the club magazine re-shipped to my new home for free and was told that was a one-time deal only. The second time, I had to pay $10 to receive my club magazine. I reluctantly paid the $10 for my club magazine. As much as I dislike the idea of referring to 10-16 pages of a publication as a "magazine", I still paid my $10.

My mail was forwarded and this was about the only thing that didn't get to my new home.

The figure wasn't an issue for me, but I hope you get this worked out, IG. :thumb 

10. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Believe it or not,I actually just got my Club issue #34 in the mail yesterday.
    I believe there was some sort of huge delay this month in mailing out the club magazines.
    my guess is all fans who attended botcon this year became new members of the club. perhaps there name had to be added into the system,causing delays for everyone.

As far as the address situation goesdoesn't the TCC club have a account re-edit button on your account page. that allows members to re-edit there address,billing & stuff like that.

onece you called the TCC staff on the phone & told them of the new address. wasn't there a way to keep checking your profile adress changes on your account on the web site?

11. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

actually,these days,most phone company providers allow it's customers to select unlimited plans. where there allowed a certain number of calls in a set plan. example: customers can pay $30 per months for up to 3 thousand local & long distance calls within the usa.

So if he's got a unlimited calling plan,then he didn't pay anything extra for making all those calls to funpub. about the only thing he did was waste precious minutes. which he probably wouldn't have used up within a given month/year anyways.

12. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

what does BBB stand for?

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yes, it all ships third class mail if you choose the third class option when you sign up. It's significantly cheaper, so most everyone does. And Dion did in fact ship 3rd class. The email I got from FunPub asking for $5 even said it got returned to them because the PO does not forward third class mail.

I was unaware of the ability to edit my own address on the site. That's why I called them. Once I found out about it, I went to check it. My address is correct there, but I'm lead to believe it's still wrong somewhere else in their archaic system since my club mag has not arrived yet. Plus, Dion shipped to the old address anyway.

Yes, I've checked that. My address is correct, but I'm still not getting my club mag and Dion went to the old address.

I only have a cell phone, and I don't even get close to going over my minutes. The phone calls have cost me nothing.

14. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok for some one who is not used to all the jargon BBB = ?

honestly I'm with the OP he gave them time to change the records and it seems like they dropped the ball FP should suck it up and repost his items.

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
  16. teruo kaiba

teruo kaiba Made In Japan

The same "measly $5" logic could be applied to FP as well...

All things considered, if FP dropped the ball, charging a customer for a mistake on their end is pretty pathetic. Even if the lady whom the OP originally talked to didn't make the change on his account, many other companies would just apologize for the mix up and send out the item to keep the customer happy.

17. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I am shocked at how many people are defending the company on this. Yeah its five bucks but its five bucks to the company. Any smart company would take the five buck hit and provide good customer service. The fact that they have argued with him this much over 5 bucks shows me that they are not very good at all.

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Especially considering it was their mistake in the first place.

19. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everyone is saying "it's only $5.00". Why does that matter? He paid for something, they made a mistake, refused to fix it, and then told him to pay again. That is exactly what the BBB is for. If you don't agree with it, can I borrow/have $5.00 for happy hour?

20. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And thank God for people like you.