Just filed a BBB complaint against FunPub.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I've been a member of the club for 3 of the last 6 years. Usually, only when I was going to Botcon because I never really cared for the free figures. It wasn't until this year I joined for the figure, and ended up going to Botcon anyway. Next year is the same. I'll join for the figure, and go to Botcon if I can.

I'd never had any problems with the club until this year. I bought a house and therefore moved. I called them within days of closing ( you can't do it before just in case something goes wrong and I don't get the house ) and gave them my new address. The nice lady on the phone assured me that her updating of my account would apply to my Dion figure as well as my preorders for P/CP and SG Cyclonus. When those figures started shipping, they all went to the old address. The preorders were not too much of a problem as I was emailed tracking and just called FedEx and had them held for pickup. Dion was another story. He was shipped 3rd class mail which is not forwarded. So I get an email saying I need to pay another $5 for them to reship it. I disagreed as I called and asked my address to be changed on my account well before the figures were shipping. On top of that, I asked about Dion and was told it would ship to the new address. This was not my mistake, therefore I should not pay for it. I heard nothing back after explaining that. Last night I emailed asking when/if my Dion was shipped back out, and was told they are still waiting on my to pay them the $5. On top of this, I didn't get my Aug club magazine. The last one I got was the June issue ( it arrived just before I moved out of my old apartment, actually at the end of May ) meaning the next one should have been here at the beginning of Aug. All I can assume is that despite my account being updated, they are STILL shipping to my old address. If they can not handle something as simple as an address change, and then try to make me pay for things already included in the membership price, they deserve a mark against them. It would be different if I had actually not updated my info and it was my fault, but that is not the case here. They messed up and want me to pay for it.

Personally, I hope they resolve the issue though. It shouldn't be that hard. Just mail me my Dion and make absolutely sure every aspect of my account is up to date so my future magazines come to the right address. Is that asking too much? The didn't currently have any complaints so far, so I am the first. Anyone else here have any problems like this out of them?

2. msterling21

msterling21 Well-Known Member

It doesn't seem like something that warrants a BBB complaint to me.

3. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    You mean paying for something, and then not getting it, and them outright saying I have to pay again if I want what I already paid for, does not warrant a complaint? Granted, the dollar amounts are relatively low compared to a lot of complaints, but it's the principle of the thing. You pay for something, you should get it. If they screw up, you should not have to pay to fix it.

What do you propose? I sit here without my club figure and no club magazine. Should I just accept that my figure and magazines are a lost cause? Or should I pay again for something I already paid for?

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It's a measly five dollars. Just shell it out already. Make it ten if you want your stuff that bad.

5. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    fuck them. they deserve the complaint...this is exactly what the BBB was created for...it shows a record of any problems customers have logged against a business.

And i agree that he does deserve to have his account updated WHEN he contacts them to do so...and if they are so inept to botch that ...then have the nerve to ask him to pay additional shipping to fix their mess up...yeah they deserve the complaint being recorded against them.

6. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    It's a "measly" five dollars that can feed a family of four for three days in a frugal family. Five bucks is a big deal when you SHOULDN'T have to pay it extra for something you want that you've already paid for.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Given the f-ed up state of the postal service right now, consider yourself lucky you even have the option of getting mail at your house.

I'd have more to say, but I'd need another 249 people to also give their two cents.

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    another thing...did anyone miss that piece of paper saying they are discontinuing the bio cards for the "free figures" but they are going to have an "online customizable card" that you can download and print out..?

I was not a member this year and got dion off ebay...that was inside the box....

so basically FP is not doing the "fish wrapper" paper anymore...yet does not cut the price of the membership at all and is now cutting out stuff...epic fail FP!

9. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Personally yeah it's just 5 bucks. But I understand his point of view as well... What if he pays them the 5 and then the same issue comes up? Not to mention that it is a failure on their part that the items weren't shipped to the new address. If he has it documented when he talked to the person and they said his info was updated and their would be no issues, then it's on them.

Personally I would try to talk to their customer service. It's 5 bucks to them too... don't see why they can't make that go away.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Frugal? He's buying toys online, for crying out loud.

11. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Yeah they are overrated anyway...join becuz it was a b day gift, but in reality its lame..paying a bunch money for repaints or minor changes...I know people who got p/cp second run, received them damage...
    They want him to pay again? Man fuck that...my first and last time being a member...

12. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    It's a piece of paper. Given that $40 gets you 6 magazines, a free toy, and all of that delivered to your (past or present) front door PLUS access to exclusive toys AND a hefty discount for the convention...

13. defstar

defstar Autobot...

I would have paid the $5...got the figures...then cancelled my account...

But for the record BBB does work...I've had some success with them in the past...

14. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I've talked to their customer service 3 different times, and they still insist I pay the $5. The only documentation I have is the emails, but those were after they requested the $5 re-mailing fee. The original conversation with the address change request and the lady's assurance it would apply to Dion was over the phone. No documentation except possibly the change in the computer of my address. That is the only evidence to support my story. Even though it was updated, they still mailed to my old address.

I think you missed the part about the club magazine not showing up ( meaning there is still a mailing issue ) as well as it being about the principle. They will continue to treat us like crap until we stand up to them. That's what this is. Me standing up for what's right.

15. msterling21

msterling21 Well-Known Member

There are other methods to deal with this kind of situation... the BBB should be used for more serious incidents. So if you didn't get what you ordered at McDonald's or a restaurant, are you going to file a BBB complaint too? Or would you go in there and raise some hell? Same can be done with FunPub, contact supervisors, message Pete, cancel your membership etc...

16. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    People do that...mostly just spazzed out and whupped micky D employess asses....

17. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I didn't go straight to this. I've exhausted every other method. I talked to their customer service multiple times. This seemed like the next best logical step. Hiring a lawyer and suing them seemed to be for more serious incidents. The BBB seems perfect for something like this. It's taking it to someone outside of their company ( since I'm getting no where with them ), yet keeping it out of the court system, as that would be ridiculous over a $40 membership and $20 toy.

18. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Well if it was me, I would pay the 5, but demand that something be documented that stated that this wouldn't happen again, and that they changed my info. Mainly because you don't have anything documented stating that your address was changed before the incident, I think you're screwed on that level.

I'd give em the 5, and raise all hell about it, make sure I received a letter or email from them to the effect that my info has been changed, and that my new and back issues are on the way. Paper trails are really your only recourse in this type of situation, if you don't have one, there's not much that can be done.

19. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Your club mag not showing up doesn't make sense if you have your mail forwarded; For example, forwarding for me began 8/9, which I believe was after the club mag shipping notice was posted. Although late, the magazine indeed arrived. If your change of address info was submitted and TFCC shipped the magazine, it should have arrived.

Question: why didn't you go through the club's normal address change channel on their site, an email link to Angie. You would have had it in writing, rather than making it your word vs there's?

Also, I'm not positive, but I believe you may be wrong about Dion shipping 3rd class mail, which is restricted to bulk advertisements. I thought mine came First Class. Does anyone with their Dion shipping box have details indicating the shipping method on the label?

I'm not yet seeing how this is obviously and completely TFCC's fault, and warranting a BBB complaint.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  20. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Hope you get your Dion. As far as the 5 bucks, I'm 50/50 about it. It seems like more hassle than it's worth over 5 bucks. You could get involved in a he said/she said war even with the BBB. If you don't have anything in writing and it's 5 bucks, I'd just pay it.