JURASSIC WORLD COLLABORATION

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by optimusbee, Jun 25, 2021.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Except the whole point of these Collabs is if popular/recognizable things from outside TF transformed.

What fan of BttF, Ghostbusters, DeLoreans, dinosaurs, fighter jets, etc, is going to want a shitty alt mode no matter how good the bot looks?

The appeal is the alts this time. The bot modes are in service of that. They want to draw attention from people outside the TF fandom, and you do that woth really good alts.

• Like Like x 5
  2. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I'd rather they retool either Paleotrex or Vertebreak in to a raptor depending on who's closer in scale compared to Rexy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The appeal is both. If the DeLorean or ecto 1 looked bad in bot mode then what's the point?

• Like Like x 3
  4. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    None of the Collabs look bad though. Maverick isn't as good as his linemates, but people are over-exaggerating it's flaws.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, I realize it's a subjective opinion, but compared to the other collabs I think Maverick looks pretty bad. Bad enough that it's the only collab I haven't bought.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    I found Maverick was much better in person. He mostly suffers from the color of grey plastic they used. But he's got a fun transformation and he looks great next to the others.

He's definitely the weakest of the four so far. But he's not bad by any stretch.

• Like Like x 3
  7. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    My favorite is X-Spanse

IMG_20210502_020411.jpg
    Alt modes are important too, I only buy figures that have good looking alt-modes.

That's why I usually display my figures in both modes whenever I can.

IMG_20210327_105719.jpg IMG_20210410_152337.jpg IMG_20210410_152525.jpg IMG_20210410_152730.jpg IMG_20210410_153640.jpg IMG_20210306_142118.jpg IMG_20210306_144448.jpg
    IMG_20210306_134546.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Maverick has so much Macross energy to him that I can't help but love him. The feet are SO VERY goddamn Shouji Kawamori.

Maverick may not be the best but he's my favorite.

• Like Like x 6
  9. galvatran

galvatran Well-Known Member

Is the name Rexy confirmed?

If not I nominate Jur-Ass-I-C.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    Well, that’s a nice custom, but they’ve clearly tagged Ford, so get ready for disappointment, I guess?

-A.S.

11. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes I am kinda ignoring or compartmentalisng the MP-10G toy as it's not really part of the same line in the same way It's an existing mould with a branding slapped on it rather than a new mould designed to represent that brand like Maverick, or Gigawatt are. But I guess if you want to include it as it has "collaboration" written on the box, and it shares a comic book with ectotron - that is fine.

But the point I am trying to make here isn't really effected by their being 2 or 3 of a given "collaboration" as it still is more like 3 distinct products under that banner than a subline.

What was talking about was a subline of what in old fashioned terms would be a crossovers line - so like Marvel Crossovers were a whole line, and Star Wars Crossovers were a whole line - I was suggesting they might do that with Gi Joe, but they might not do that with Jurassic Park - even if they did decide to make another JP or JW branded colaboration toy after the intial one.

I guess if one wanted to get really nit picky about it one might say the Ghostbusters toys are as much a subline as the more recent Takara Star Wars Transforming toys as there is also only a tiny number of those.

But I guess what I was suggesting is that the Ghostbusters line is a sub-segment of the overall Collaboration line which is the main focus.

Now if one could consider The Mini-Games console sub-line or the Optimus Prime Power bank or that watch robot it's own thing or a subline of device label segment is a whole other question.

Anyway - I don't rule out them making another JP toy - but I don't expect it either. I'#m just wating to see if that "Bat" refence is for a batman tie-in as Batman is certainly something they could do a lot with if the license allows them too. ( I tend to think Mattel when I think Batman though - so I'm kinda expecting it to be something related just to a single movie instead of them kicking off a over a dozen Transforming Batwing and Batmobile toys for several years to come).

There is a bit of an elephant (or should that be Brachisaurus) in the room though which is Star Wars.... with the slight reurgance in brand interest lately might they at least think about doing something like a Clone Wars Collaboration toy - or would Lucasfilm still be against them making actual robots out of the vehicles instead of a robotic likeness of the characters (which worked fine for aliens, Droids and troopers).

I'd not exactly cry if they did a Tie Dagger or a Gorilla Walker with a distinct robot mode either. even if there is almost zero interest in the sequels these days. But we know that Star Wars Transformers were a bit hit or miss overall. I do sometimes wonder if they might consider simply reissuing some of them though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

As far as I remember, Ultimate X-Spanse’s teaser was posted back on November 16, 2020.

Login • Instagram

And the figure itself was revealed the very next day. So who knows?

13. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I didn't think of that and I do agree that the alt-mode should get more weight in the design process because of your reasons. Having said that, Maverick still remains the one with the weakest robot mode (for my tastes). I also bought and sold X-Spanse because of issues I had with it. Anyway, this is way off topic at this point...

14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Bat collab is Dracula

15. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Between JP and T-Wrecks, maybe tomorrow will be dinosaur day.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Atomsk

Atomsk Well-Known Member

Isn't Jurassic Park x Transformers crossover... just a Dinbot?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rumors are that it's a reuse of Kingdom BW Megatron and the Ford Explorer as a sort of vs pack

18. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Which is probably why it's a two pack. An organic t-rex comes "for free" with Megatron so maybe they do minimal retooling/paint, and then the real bulk of the licensing and tooling work comes from the Ford Explorer.

From a marketing standpoint, it's also probably more exciting to get *both* than either on it's own.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Imagine if they'd done that with Ectotron (Afterlife), releasing it in a 2 pack with a translucent reuse of ER Starscream. With stuff like this I generally thing the 2 pack route is a good idea because it gives you a battle in a box

• Like Like x 3
  20. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'd be in for the Jeep, but I really have no desire for dinosaurs as much as I love JP.

Just adding to the discussion of alt vs. bot modes for these, I much prefer the alt modes to be nice and clean. I could really care less what the bot mode looks like, they're made up characters anyway. They're 'robots in disguise', not 'robots in shitty disguises.'

• Like Like x 2