Jurassic World (2): Fallen Kingdom (Jurassic Park 5) - 2018

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Plus, the dinosaurs don't want to kill us. They are animals. Animals don't want to kill things, they just do what they need to, you know, not die. If a cat didn't need to hunt, and could just survive entirely off of grass, that cat totally wouldn't go hunting.

Because hunting is dangerous. Eating grass is quite easy. Animals aren't evil, they are just hungry. And we are food.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Smack Talk reviews both Jurassic World movies

If you had been on the Channel Awesome topic, y'd know I know about the whole exodus of reviewers from there and about all the shitty things Doug (but mostly his boss) had done to fellow reviewers. I am not defending him there. But I frankly don't care about what his personal life is if I enjoy his reviews. Jontron is an even more controversial person than Doug, but he makes some hilarious stuff, I often rewatch his older reviews and can still laugh about them.
    As for Doug's JW2 review, I myself saw the movie, I watched his review, I honestly did not notice any occasion where he outright lied about anything. The Brachiosaurus bit was talking about dinosaurs in GENERAL. I dunno about you, but if the animals I am trying to save would be trying to repeatedly EAT ME, I would likely get the hell out of there and not start trying to check which one is a herbivore before it steps on me.

Except in this movie, they don't act like animals. Trust me, I am a zoologist, I know how animals should act. They would certainly not start to stop running for their lives from HOT MOLTEN LAVA and try to eat some tiny morsels of food that happen to be nearby when they themselves are threatened by painful burning death. Guess the stupid writers of this movie never even watched a video of a bush fire or a flood to see that the predator and the prey would often run together from the deadly danger. It's simple evolution, predators who could not suppress their predatory instinct in such situations would have long gone extinct...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  3. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Hmmm, kind of like the dinosaurs did. Granted what is happening is to ramp up the action, it's Hollywood versus actual animal behavior and if we watched a movie for actual animal behavior we'd be watching a documentary, not a Hollywood action set piece designed to thrill us. The Great White Shark DOES NOT hunt and stalk humans, but that doesn't stop people from thinking it does because of Jaws and Jaws is another huge animal based thriller, not designed to educate, but to entertain. To hold these films up to the same standards we expect for realism would defeat the purpose of escapism films.

4. Dolza_Khyron

Would that not depend on just how hungry they are? I mean, people are willing to do some very dangerous things for food when they are starving. I imagine animals are too.

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Jurassic World 3 Won't Have Dinosaurs Attacking Cities

See this is what infuriates me about Trevorrow. I feel like he has the right mind track. Destroying Nublar? Excellent idea. Tackling our relationship with animals and addressing animal cruelty? Excellent idea. Seeing how dinosaurs are becoming the latest technology abused by mankind? Excellent idea. Jurassic World being about truly recognizing the dinosaurs as animals and not monsters? Excellent idea.

The problem is that the man cannot make it work as a script to save his fucking life.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dolza_Khyron

Won't have Dinosaurs attacking cities? BOO! That is all I wanted in the next film.

That, plus Dino Riders.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

He's not wrong though.

These dinosaurs would prefer to stay in an environment they're more familiar with rather than venturing to unknown areas unless they're forced to. The woods and mountains can still provide them with vegetation, preys and water. Unless a dinosaur gets loose in the middle of the city somehow, I don't think we're getting a repeat of the Sand Diego incident.

Even by going by the novels, the attacks were mainly near the jungles or beaches and not in urban areas.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dolza_Khyron

Oh, I am sure it is more realistic, but if they are just going to have them stay in jungle/woody areas, than, they should have just kept them on the island. What's the point of having them on the mainland USA, if they aren't actually doing anything fun with it? Like running around cities and what not?

Might as well of just stayed on the island.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

The difference now instead of humans going to the dinosaurs home, this time the dinosaurs are in our home.

Just because dinosaurs won't reach the big cities that doesn't mean they won't venture to urban areas like villages or small suburbs near these woods. We did see the Tyrannosaur invading a zoo, Blue getting near a suburb and the Pteranodons nesting in Vegas. Who knows what else might happen. We may see the compys eat someone's pet (because them eating babies would be too dark to show) or replace bears and raccoons and invade someone's trashcans.

Other ways to have dinosaurs encounters is with idiots getting in their territory. Hunters, poachers, scientists, campers, hikers and idiot vloggers who will try and get their hand on one of these dinos or accidental encounters like with bears and cougars.

They might send armies and mercenaries to hunt or kill the dinosaurs either by the government or business tycoons.

And if by chance they get BioSyn this time, then it's more important for them to get one of these dinosaurs and uncover InGen's secrets from them.

Just because we won't get a repeat of the Sand Diego incident that doesn't mean there are no other ways to have dino-encounters in the next movie.

• Like Like x 1