Minor/Repaint: Junkion Combiner PT II "LANDFILL"

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by quickshift, May 13, 2019.

1. quickshift

quickshift Combiner Junkie

Well......If you give a combiner Junkie a paintbrush...chances are he'll make another custom.

Feeling pleased and confident after "Scrap Heap" was completed, I decided to do it again!

Here is my next Repainted Junkion Combiner, "LANDFILL"
    IMG_5968.JPG

Landfill started off with a CW Optimus Prime. However, a hot bath with RID Dye went poorly and I was forced to move to plan B and use a CW Motormaster. Trying to learn from my previous mistake he got the hot RID dye bath and survived. Naturally this mold needs a little somethin' somethin' for the combined form. BBTS had PC-08 for CW Prime marked down to $25 so that was a no brainer. I tried the hot bath on the hands and feet but that was taking FOREVER. I decided it was time to test out the VHT VINYL DYE I had heard about. This stuff is pretty sweet. It made short work of the hands and feet and the torso piece. I'll be using it more in the future. A Siege Firedrive got the hot bath dye and that was PERFECT. The spare sword from TCW-06 Dinobot set completed the arsenal.

With anymore rambling, here the pics. Junkion , "Rusty" with his targetmaster "Fragmentum" Merging to form "Landfill". I also threw in a couple Scrapheap Pics as well.

IMG_5945.JPG IMG_5947.JPG IMG_5950.JPG IMG_5951.JPG IMG_5958.JPG IMG_5965.JPG IMG_5967.JPG IMG_5973.JPG IMG_5980.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 22
  2. setsuna

setsuna Well-Known Member

Nice! Motormaster mould fits nicely as a junkion! This looks great!

Would recommend giving the gestalt head a moustache to distinguish him from menasor IMO

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks cool

4. Autobot00

Autobot00 Well-Known Member

i agree with the mustache on the menasor head. and i think removing the horns too. I like it but i think he needs a bit of orange. i think the lack of orange and that green crotch make him too different. the robot mode i think shines here and with the orange added makes it fit good. i like the rust concept but again with the lack or orange it just looks out of place.

5. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think the horns look appropriate and great on this guy but I do agree he could use a bit of orange and a mustache would look cool. Maybe a "Burt Reynolds." lol

6. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    That is awesome, love his little target master.

7. quickshift

Yeah....missing that mustache was a miss. I’ll add that on soon.
    Green crotch? That torso piece was painted desert tan! Lol..that’s what lighting does to a shot.

Maybe I can find a way to get some more orange in there. I have some orange accents on chest pieces , but this are only visible when it’s closed.

8. quickshift

The assembly of this figure really steered my color choices. When I went to disassemble the cab, some of the pins were inaccessible. That pushed me to go with dyeing and cemented his overall look.

And the horns aren’t going anywhere. Lol I think they fit a junkion perfectly.

9. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Really cool! So... Never heard of the vht dye, what's the story on it? Is it paint or dye?

10. quickshift

It comes in a spray can and goes on like paint. I dont know why its called "Dye" It was kinda soft the day after I painted with it and a couple of the weapon ports did wear/rub on the torso when I mocked up the figure the day after painting with the VHT. It's been about 2 weeks now and seems to have cured a lot stronger.

It did build up the surface and could be a problem on functional transforming custom TFs. but I've read other customizers who swear by the stuff. I'll looking forward to giving it another shot.

11. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *dare to be stupid intensifies*

12. Autobot00

Autobot00 Well-Known Member

LOL looks lime green. I mean i can see how its tan but i see lime green. maybe if you added orange to the "matrix" chest area and the back portion of the chest flaps. maybe if u closed the chest flaps. i think you could add a splash of orange to the legs. Maybe, since you are going for a rust, do a splotch or something of orange? maybe a dry brush very very lightly to give it some hard rust coming through?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kaleb Hart

Kaleb Hart Walking, talking, rearranging furniture

Very cool, I wounder how the combiner head would look with a goatee...