2D Artwork: Jumbo Saber's Humble Art Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by jumbosaber, Feb 19, 2017.

1. jumbosaber

jumbosaber Walking Talking Jumbo Jet

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    My name is Jetfire and I am an incredibly average artist. I ain't the best designer of robots but boy do I try.

All the cool kids have done it so here's my wonderful wonderful art thread. Ahem. Most of the art I do relates to my current tf fancomic but I dabble in other things too.
    I am an incredibly slow drawer.

I'll try keep it updated with an assortment of my art. Until then here's some art.

[​IMG]
    [Dumb and Dumber]

[​IMG]
    [TFOC: Watchdog, who, shockingly, turns into a dog. He manipulates light into hard objects]

[​IMG]
    [TFOCS: Kauterion and Trailblazer.]

[​IMG]
    [Armada renditions of Dai Atlas wielding Star Saber in his sword mode. The sword made of a tiny plane has always been a thing in this universe.]

[​IMG]
    [Two no name Vosian Temple Guards.]

[​IMG]
    [Generic Vosian Tribesman. Sssseeker doessss not like your face.]

More to come, maybe. Soz not soz about all white backgrounds for like, all of these. I'm lazy and school.

Attached Files:

• atc.png
      atc.png
      File size:
      65.5 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh wow, those are some great pieces! Especially liking that Cyclonus and Demolishor one. Those two don't get enough love

3. Devaron9

Devaron9 Token Falchion Wielding Welshy

Very awesome!

Welcome, and looking forward to plenty more!

4. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    I think you're underselling yourself here, man. This all looks really good! I particularly like the Cyclonus and Demolishor one. Armada always needs more love.

Hope to see more from you!

• Like Like x 1
  5. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Designated Toku Nerd

These are some pretty spectacular pieces here, well done! I'll be looking forward to what else you come up with from here.

Welcome to the forum!

6. Artork312

Artork312 The Robo-Chuvak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Welcome to TFW2005. We're glad to meet you here, comrade. BTW, that sketch with Demolisher and Cyclonus is pretty good!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  7. moon moon

moon moon what happened to my life

Oh wow, this is great! And I really dig the texture overlays you add, it helps give everything an extra cool touch.

8. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Oh beautiful! It's always great to see people doing unique stuff with the Unicron Trilogy aesthetic. And I always love me some Demolishor and Cyclonus. Looking forward to seeing what else you've got cooking up.

9. jumbosaber

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Bah.. I gotta update this more often. Thank you for all your nice comments!

I haven't made any actual 'pieces' lately because I have a comic to do (which I should really post here but I'm anxious) and also I hurt my neck like a big dumb. So I'll atleast post babbages.avi, a 5 second Yuusha bit for my friend's collab video. I can't stand this song but he chose it and I love him so I'll put up with it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Calls himself incredibly average.

Proceeds to knock everyone's socks off.

Clearly you and the rest of the forums have very different definitions of "average".

11. jumbosaber

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Whipped up another one of these bad boys.

[​IMG]
    Soundclash is an suuuuper background character in my comic (which I still need to post here... tomorrow maybe, it's 1am). He has a very long, flexible and prehensile tongue. It's kind of gross. He is physically unable to stand on two legs due to a birth defect. Despite my portrayal of him here, he's not 'rabid' at all and is fairly clever and has a commendable work ethic. The apparatus on his shoulder allows him to intercept radio signals and the like.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Very awesome character. Judging from your art-style I think I might have actually seen some of your comic on tumblr? Either way I'm looking forward to seeing it posted here!

13. jumbosaber

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    these are from 2016, but I'll post them anyway because I think they're important :]

Here's a scale chart of most of the important ocs from my tf comic here. Starscream's there for reference.
    [​IMG]

And another few bits from yesteryear: Jetfire's design [at the beginning of the comic, anyway]
    [​IMG]

Aaand Chimera, the medic. Their ACTUAL name is Speakeasy, but they prefer the nickname :]. As the name implies, they're a genetic chimera. How genetics work for robots, I don't even know, man.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  14. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    So, this vaguely dragonic design scheme you have for the Vosians... what exactly inspired it?

15. jumbosaber

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    13 year old me was a furry and I never quite shook it off.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stonecrusher

News Credits:
    Ah.

17. jumbosaber

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    [​IMG]
    Y'all mind if I... world build?

Here's all the Vosian gods. I said it before somewhere, but I find it very hard to believe that all Cybertronians follow the same religion, soo... voila
    [​IMG]
    Vosian creation myth is very long winded so here's an abridged version. No spoilers for my comic, just some random trivia.

Radysius is what they called a Universe Serpent, who emerged from the void way back. He was disgusted at how dreary it was and ripped the dark Universe asunder, leaving only stars behind. For this, the Universe rewarded him, gifting him with UNLIMITED POWER. Feeling as though his Universe was beautiful yet stagnant, he did what any responsible God Dragon Snake would do, and cut his tail in half. Between the two halves was a puppy, black as night; Chromisius, who willed time to pass in the Universe. He was pissed though 'cause he didn't get enough attention. So he challenged Radysius, who kicked his ass. Out of his wounds, two heads grew and he became a TIME CHIMERA and they fought again. They got blood everywhere and from that, Primus emerged [yeah, that Primus]. He told them to stop fighting and he was so terrifying they were like Okay we will <:]. And all was well.

Until Primus decided to craft Cybertron out his own blood with the aid of the superfriends Radysius and Chromisius and blessed the young planet in the form of life- the Cybertronians. As a perfectionist, he thought the planet was ugly, so he dragged the ouroboro twins; Lucermarius and Spectrumarius out the sun [cause he can] and telling them to go piss off and give Cybertron some colour and light, 'cause hey, the Cybertronians are his creations and they deserve some rainbows and sunshine. In the process, the two accidentally created the different races and species on Cybertron. This would later prove to be a mistake [COUGH FUNCTIONISM COUGH].

And so there was light. And it was cool. Until Primus felt bad for the Cybertronians, cause they were all dumb and stupid. And so he created Opertus, who encompassed all knowledge, wisdom and sentience, and allowed him to bless the Cybertronian race. And so they could speak, read, write and be self aware, which allowed for progress in the species. He also noted that change couldn't happen without people fighting about it, so he created Lord Abolitus [first name, lord, last name, abolitus], who encompasses war and violence.

Azliah is kind of just a guy who existed at one point. He was the first flying Transformer to actually transform into a flying vehicle, which in reality is thanks to some careful evolution and reverse engineering. Vosians are theatrics however, so they distorted his story as being someone who confronted Primus about why his race couldn't transform, and was cursed to roam Cybertron as the horrible black six armed rabbit snake, collecting the souls of the deceased to add to his army in the sky. That's all just hearsay, of course. Azliah died from natural causes way before the Civil War began.

TLDR: Radysius = Creator / Chromisus = Time keeper / Primus = Life bringer / Lucemarius + Spectrumarius = Light and colour pals / Lord Abolitus = War lord / Opertus = Smart dude / Azliah = Just a guy who could transform, really.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Stonecrusher

News Credits:
    Huh. Whole lotta fur round here.

19. Darkshift

Darkshift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh YES, u a r e bonAfied MEMER™

Also, Jesus. Talk about lore..

20. jumbosaber

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    man it used to be so much worse. Take a gander at Windrunner's 2014 design [excuse the old art I was 13]
    [​IMG]
    Then again the designs were different because the plot was WAY WAY different, holy shit. It involved some reverting certain main characters to their lesser evolved state so Megatron could have ARMY OF TERRIBLE CANNIBAL BOYS. 16 year old me thought this was stupid and changed it.

You can't TRULY enjoy TRANSFORMERS FURRY COMIC unless you are a CERTIFIED LORE MASTER.

• Like Like x 3