JRC Design Upgrade Kits

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by wheeljackfan16, Oct 10, 2020.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got the Inferno kit in and installed and it's great! Are you planning on making any arm covers for him? Hopefully, one that swivels like your Soundwave ones.

• Like Like x 1
  2. wheeljackfan16

wheeljackfan16 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Glad you liked it! I am working on arm fillers, I just wanted to get the leg fillers done, since I had already almost completed them back in October.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Yay!

• Like Like x 1
  4. coybrafett

coybrafett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I installed my grapple set this morning and the feer are a little tight going in but at least I know they are staying put. The color is almost a perfect match. Im just waiting for my inferno figure to ship so I can upgrade him as well. I too would go in on some arm fillers. I installed the grimlock feet and forearm covers and they look great, perhaps even better than nonnof. The feet bottom fillers are awesome with a nice solid feel yet smooth to the touch. I love those.

• Like Like x 1
  5. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't suppose the G2 megatron shoulder cannon upgrade could be offered in black or grey to go with the regular Megatron release? I think the part is functionally great and would sort his leftover tank cannon out as it doesn't look great in any configuration except over his shoulder.

• Like Like x 1
  6. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for sending a new set of Soundwave arm panels. The new one fit perfectly.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I take it that you're open to suggestions...I have two.

1. Modulator accessories: This might sound odd, but an adapter to connect an upside-down ramp to a rightside-up ramp could be helpful. Street lights? Weapon embankments? Other ways for Micromasters to interact, like computer stations? Maybe look at G1 Micromaster bases and such for inspiration?

2. I don't know how common these are or how popular they would be...a while back, Dollar Tree stores got a ton of overstock of weapon accessories for a "toy to screen" sci-fi game called "Starlink" that didn't perform well. I gather you'd plug these weapons on to your toy starfighter, and get use of them in-game. Each pack has two weapons. They all have a common connector port on the bottom, so maybe an adapter to convert it to a 5mm peg could sell?

I know I took photos of them and posted them around here somewhere. This is the only one I have on my phone - just two of the six weapons that I found at Dollar Tree. (One pack, in other words.)
    20201008_020312.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh, cool! I didn't know they got weapons in! I only saw the joycon grips at the one I went to, I was wondering if they had gotten other Starlink stuff too. I'm not sure if it would sell, but that's the type of thing I would just make for the fun of it. As for modulator accessories, I'm working on quite a few adapters and track systems right now. I actually just listed a Titans Return to Earthrise adapter (Transformers Titans Return to Earthrise A.I.R. Lock System Adapter | eBay), I've got nine colors at the moment, and that what I want to have for any other track systems I put out, maybe even more colors. I'm not sure if I want to use the Earthrise A.I.R. lock connection system for tracks though, I can print them, but I can print something like the titans return system much better and consistently, and it wouldn't be hard just to package them with Earthrise adapters. I still have plenty to figure out and stress test, but things like traffic lights and other stuff for Micromasters to interact with is definitely something I want to integrate.

• Like Like x 1
  9. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:

• Like Like x 3
  11. coybrafett

coybrafett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @wheeljackfan16 Any chance of seeing a foot upgrade for kingdom ultra magnus. He is a great looking figure but his permanent ankle tilt drives me nuts. Not sure how this could even be done. Maybe something like a house slipper that covers the existing feet and plugs into the bottom of the foot and doubles as a foot gap filler. Either way, you are churning these sets out and I am digging your stuff so far.

• Like Like x 1
  12. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've got some new kits ready! First up, a sword for Core class Megatron, this one's priced at $2.99. I added a 5mm handle towards the hilt, so it can be held by all current core class figures.
    Sword for Megatron Core Class Kingdom Transformers JRC Design | eBay
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Next one is spoilers and blasters for Cordon and Spinout. I held off on this for so long because I couldn't for the life of me find a match for Spinout's red, and while it's still not perfect, I think it's as close as I'm gonna get for the time being. The blaster is exactly the same as the one from my Sunstreaker kit, so it still has blast effect compatibility. This one's priced at $7.49, and comes with both sets of spoilers and blasters.
    Spoiler and Blaster Kit For Cordon And Spinout Transformers JRC Design | eBay

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

In other news, I finally found a decent color match for Netflix Cheetor, so I'm hoping to get the fillers for that up today as well. They are going to be a variation on the normal listing, so the link for that is GAP FILLERS for Transformers Kingdom Cheetor JRC DESIGN | eBay. I'll get pictures posted here once it's ready.

• Like Like x 2
  13. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm not really sure I would be able to do something like that. The only thing I could think of would be either an entire leg replacement or foot replacement, foot replacement being tricky for people to install because it's pinned. You could have something slide over the foot like a slipper like you were saying, but I can't seem to figure out a way to go about it without either making the rear of the trailer too wide, or even if you gave the attachment new wheels to compensate for the old ones not touching the ground in vehicle mode, they would still stick out to far, so the truck wouldn't be level. A leg replacement could address this, and you could even redo the trailer panels so one something like Kingdom Magnus there wouldn't be such a large gap between the truck and trailer, but that's a little beyond my production capabilities at the moment, since I wouldn't want to 3d print something that complex.

14. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 3
  15. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 6
  16. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Finally! Annnnnnd ordered.

17. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Nice! Now I just need to find Inferno already!

18. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 4
  19. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Any chance for some Titan upgrades? Stuff like guns, radar dishes etc would work well and if done in different colors could easily be interchangeable. Plenty of screw holes in the figures that are perfect for plugins

20. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    So I have another odd suggestion: nunchaku for Studio Series Jazz à la Animated Jazz. I imagine people could supply their own string...maybe something as simple as 5mm tubes with a small tube to thread the string through. Maybe add panel lines to the handles so they're not too plain. I can't imagine there's a cost-effective way to make them look like exhausts like Animated Jazz's, though.

I'll be ordering stuff shortly. :)