JRC Design Upgrade Kits

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by wheeljackfan16, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Looks like you're going on vacation (?). (I hope that's it, anyway.)

I have a cart ready to go on the website, but I was wondering if the grappling hooks might get a restock. If no, I'll put in my order now. Otherwise, I might hold off a bit to get everything in one package.

2. wheeljackfan16

wheeljackfan16 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm planning on restocking them, it's just going to be a little bit. It shouldn't be more than a week after I get back. I'm really only going to be away for a day or two, but I've got other stuff going on that week as well, so I figured it would be best to just have the cut off time earlier so I don't have to worry about shipping orders.

• Like Like x 3
  3. thedicemaster

thedicemaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you may need to revise the design for the studio series starscream gun clips, they can't handle the stress of being clipped onto the arm for a few weeks.
    today i noticed both clips broke in the exact same way.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Strange. I've had my original set on mine for months now, and they don't seem to even have warped. It probably couldn't hurt to thicken them up some more though. DM me a shipping address and I'll get some revised versions sent out when they are ready. Thanks!

5. thedicemaster

News Credits:
    i think it might be better to change the way they attach.
    there's a rectangular hole in the arm, perhaps you could use a tab to plug the adapter into that.

i found someone else who made an adapter that way, but had even higher shipping costs.

6. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Something like this?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

When I designed them, I considered doing a smaller attachment, but I ultimately decided to use the more cumbersome clip system just because it could stick out farther naturally, thus retaining most of the articulation. I ended up partnering with Trigggerr to produce their adapter anyway, just because it was another option to have. I like being able to have Starscream raise his arms outward, so I use my adapters. If I want something more streamlined at the cost of some articulation, I use Trigggerr's, so I have mine on Starscream, Trigggerr's on Thrust.

• Like Like x 2
  7. thedicemaster

News Credits:
    the ones i saw were from upgrade lab/TF-lab.
    they retain articulation by placing the tab on the end of a 5mm peg.
    but the trigggerr versions do look really good to me, i hadn't seen them before on your ebay page.
    I'll probably order a pair.

8. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Nemesis Roller is almost good to go! With any luck, I should be able to open orders tomorrow. The cannon adapters do come with it, and there is a spot in front for a reprolabel.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. volatus

volatus Aristocratic Airborne Decepticon

Have you considered designing a few different 5mm port\post adapters and angle changers for use with weaponizers, modulators, and fossilizers? I would be most interested in M->M and F->F adapters, but also perhaps a M->F coupling which is essentially a short extender that does not change the sex of a port or post it's attached to, and also 90ยบ adapters in M->M, M->F, and F->F styles.

In the below image, the orange bits on the central collars are grooves into which you can insert a tool to help remove the part. The orange sections inside the female ports are vents, so they don't explode when you plug a male post into them. The light grey lines on the female ports represent negative space just for visual reference. The maroon parts are nothing special, just bracing for the angled pieces.

I admit I don't know if 3D printing is suitable for this type of thing. I know Nonnef makes a few items of this type, but not exactly like these, and all their stuff is injection molded and rather expensive for what you get. Maybe my designs below are too detailed for printing :X

PortAdapters.png

10. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I got some new kits launched today! First is the shoulder adapters for Kingdom Mirage. They are up on the site for $3.99 right now.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Second and final kit for today is the machete. It's not really meant for any specific figure, but I like giving it to T-Wrecks. That's also up right now for $4.99.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Everything will also be up on my eBay store later, but you can buy them right now on the main site.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    Any plans for releasing a black recolor of the Tracks leg-fix kit for the Target exclusive Roadrage?

• Like Like x 1
  12. fav fun

fav fun Design Weapon Fill Upgrade kits for Transformers

Ebay:
    my store have more style Weapon Upgrade Kit for Kingdom Cheetor

13. Robots78

Robots78 Robotanist

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Are you planning a restock of the Ultra Magnus filler kit?

14. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hopefully soon! Orders really picked up all of a sudden, so keeping up has been difficult to say the least.

• Like Like x 3
  15. thedicemaster

News Credits:
    tax issues have been resolved, latest shipment included the tax information and passed through customs without issues.
    and the trigggerr starscream weapon adapters are working great.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got the Lambo spoilers in, yesterday. They're really well made and match quite well.

Shame that the Kingdom mold actually looks a little "meh" with them. But that's because the mold is "meh". (Make no mistake, the JRC spoilers are EXCELLENT pieces, my crits are solely with Hasbro's product. These spoilers are like polishing a turd.)

I actually prefer the Siege versions.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I guess a lot of orders is a good problem to have...?

I procrastinated on an order and a few things went out of stock - Kup hubcaps, hoverboard, and the cannon and hook for Jazz. Now I got Kingdom Mirage and need the shoulder adapters.

18. volatus

volatus Aristocratic Airborne Decepticon

I look forward to a restock of Soundwave arm fillers when your schedule clears up. I nabbed the last 2 and I want to get 2 more later on. Thank you for your work!

19. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I was actually kind of surprised at how a felt about the Kingdom versions, I thought I was going to have a preference between that and the Siege version, but honestly, they are kind of interchangeable for me, I don't really prefer one over the other.

20. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, it's been crazy lately! I haven't been able to work on anything just because my printers were/are kind of just 24/7 spoiler machines at the moment. I have more printers coming, and I would still like to get the Starlink weapon adapter you suggested a while back knocked out, since I basically cleared my local dollar tree out of the weapon packs when I found them, since my brother really enjoys the game.

• Like Like x 1