Jose Lopez - Art Director for TF: Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Rogzilla, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll be able to do right what Energon screwed up and Cybertron attempted to do right, but still didn't work out completely. (Loves Cybertron despite its flaws)

2. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Hmm intresting. Cybertron did that but there was some slace issues (Still loved it)
    Just hope that the HUB hits the UK not to long. We don't get Discorvery Kids anymore.

3. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I'm excited for it. I liked the character design on The Batman, and I hope that the movieverse take on this series doesn't dilute what could be great scripting.

Looking at that map, that convention looks like something you go in and start one end on Friday and finally finish walking to the end on Sunday; it's huge. I'm sure those going are going to be losing a few pounds running between the Hasbro/HTS tables, and the sessions in the auditoriums.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Sold.

The 2D 3D mix has plundered my expectations, unfortunately. No matter how you slice it, that never, ever looks good.

Unless they simply mean using painted backgrounds or something like that.

5. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I don't know. Futurama does that pretty well. It was a little iffy in the first couple episodes but they worked out the kinks. If they were able to do something like that, it would be fantastic!

PS-WOOT! MY FIRST NEWS CREDIT!

6. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's not really the same. Futurama is a 2D show with 3D effects, like the Planet express ship or the backgrounds. But 90% of the show is standard 2D animation. Plus, it's not exactly high-tech. Everytime Bender gets CGI upgraded he barely moves, and doesn't look very impressive when he does.

7. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

I would be inclined to agree if only Orci & Kurtzman weren't involved. They should be kept away from anything comic book or sci-fi related!

8. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Heh, I like this comment posted on his blog from Anonymous:

I'm sure he's use to it though from his work on the Batman, as comic book nerds are not much better. :p 

I'm not that worried about the whole 2D-3D mix thing. I honestly didn't mind it on Cybertron...It was the crap writing I didn't like. Though the original, Galaxy Force, wasn't that bad.
    I'm sure there are people who are going to hate it outright, just case, but I believe they can pull off something good. One thing here is obviously the humans will be stylized characters, so that may help in the contrast between them and the CG transformer characters.

Very much looking forward to seeing it.

9. Spin-Out

Cybertron had crap writing? They turned a show that would have been as bland and overly serious as Armada into something genuinely fun by not taking it too seriously, just like with RiD.

I dunno; they did a hell of a job with the first TF movie AND with Star Trek.

10. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Are you a plant or something? This is like the third or fourth time you've said almost this exact thing.

Honestly man, there's such a thing as being TOO positive.

11. Spin-Out

Sprocket, chill.

12. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Have you seen Fringe?

13. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Sorry, I have no love for anything that came out of the Unicron Trilogy. And that includes the mediocre toys. (Maybe some of the Scouts.)
    Cybertron's script just felt clunky and most of the dubbed voices ranged from either being annoying, to just plain bland. Like the voice actor was just phoning it in for a paycheck.
    I actually did like Galaxy Force better because it took itself a little more seriously. It wasn't completely serious, but it didn't feel dumbed down like Cybertron did.

RID was fun because it was really just so stupid that it either made you love it, or hate it.

14. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Obviously not.

Because Fringe is freaking awesome! :rock 

15. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I don't think many people are even aware he designed a few characters in The Batman's third season. All the drama I saw about the Batman's character designs dissipated after the first season, and that was all directed at Jeff Matsuda. It's like how no one bothered criticizing Irineo Maramba for his work on Animated: it was all directed at Derrick Wyatt.

This is the first time he's been the primary character designer on a TV show, and it's a Transformers show, no less. I just hope he knows what he's getting into.

16. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:

Word. I started watching Fringe after it was announce Orci and Kurtzman were working on the show. After that my excitement grew quite a bit

17. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    the dude did 99% of the character design work for DC's Green Lantern: First Flight movie

he's certainly capable of handling big projects for big properties [if thats what you're saying]

plus. his art is amazing. just look at his blog

ive got no worries

18. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    No, I'm saying doing a TV show is different from doing a DTV movie, especially when it's one with a hardcore fanbase like Transformers. I'm just saying I hope he's thick-skinned, that's all.

His work on Public Enemies and Green Lantern wasn't exactly bold, but it was well-done. I've no doubt his work on Prime'll be fine too.

19. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    having any kind of job where you to create stuff like this for a property like this REQUIRES a thick-skin. you cant operate without it :p 
    *knows from experience*

im sure he'll be fine, heh.

20. AntiSperglord

AntiSperglord Member

Now betting that 50% of this show is shitty static 3D renders sliding across a multicoloured anime background.