John Cena Says Bumblebee: The Movie Will Reinvigorate The Transformers Fans

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Mar 23, 2018.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I’m not joking when I say “I would hit the report button and say ‘oops- it was a misunderstanding and we worked it out’”.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

People who deny that the movies contributed to the international growth of the franchise are ignorant, for the reasons that you state.

However, the time has come for the movies to give way to a successor incarnation, something that can actually build upon what the movies established in a new way with the international market. A new generation is needed as the current one has reached its saturation/stagnation point.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Done.

4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A different better story couldn't have done that? Basically Transformers is an awesome franchise, I'm sure it could easily be adapted by multiple directors.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Does it see into me clearly? or darkly?

News Credits:
    Better to whom though? Your idea of better and my idea of better are two different beasts.

That's why the movies are a different iteration of the franchise. They're several references to past portions and also their own thing.

There seems to be this idea that the movies have to be some past iteration in order to be "good" when that's not the case. They could have been good on their own merits.

I enjoyed them. They had their faults. But I had a far more enjoyable time just taking them for what they are and what they always will be, that being summer blockbusters and mindless fun.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek = sOGREat! Veteran

I agree.

At times the movies were big fun, but some of the time the movies made me even stop and think for a while, and that's more than I can ask from any summer blockbuster. If anything, I don't think most fans even want something that makes them think much.

7. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I see the apologists are out in force. These movies are horrible, so when a say that any director could have made better story, mean better for everyone.
    Here are user and critic reviews:
    Screenshot_20180325-195841.png

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  8. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    Challenge... improbable.

• Like Like x 1
  9. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

So the live-action movie fandom has progressively placed their trust in Michael Bay, Mark Walhberg, and now John Cena? And then there is wonderment as to why the abuse continues ...

10. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I'll be honest if a review is below 75% in both user and critic reviews I'm not wasting my time. I like movies, but not enough to sit through rubbish.

11. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know this is a cliche to say but sometimes your own judgement on things is better. RT can mean nothing.

The Last Jedi has such high praise from critics but audience reviews on RT have gave it reviews that about on par with the audience reviews with the Transformer movies.

Recently there was a thread about 'A Quiet Place' (A movie Bay is involved in that has a high 100%) in the movie discussion and it confirms that people will use/ manipulate RT scores to fit their own agenda regarding their feelings to upcoming movies.

So even if Bumblebee is high in praise, I doubt it would do anything for you because you already hate the aesthetic this universe has established.

• Like Like x 5
  12. RustyScreamer

RustyScreamer Lurkin everyday, rarely postin

Have they shown us any footage from this yet? I can't think of anything. Seems like they're hiding this "Masterpiece".....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    You probably right, the well is poisoned for me, but not only me. If I were Paramount / Hasbro I'd recognize that and try to go in a different direction. I think they finally have though, it's just the Bumblebee movie and the media around it we're already in the chamber with the trigger half pulled.

14. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    I'll take Cena's word for it. We have a new director and writer, I'm sure this will be great.

People sure like beating this 'muves r dum' horse.

• Like Like x 3
  15. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha, this goes to show how much I'm paying attention these days. I read the headline and was like "Did John Cena watch the movie or something? I guess it's cool that he likes it but why does he/do we care?" I had no idea he was even in it!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  16. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

Buttery nipples. I like them fresh out of the manspread.

17. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Does it see into me clearly? or darkly?

News Credits:
    It's not apologist. I just said there's room for change and improvement.

And I don't give two shits as to what other people think. Critics are just people with their own opinions.

I mean this is the same RT that had a dedicated Facebook group of racist pricks who were trying to purposefully fuck Black Panther over. It's why I don't give a damn as to what anyone says and I form my own opinion.

I'm sure you love the G1 animated film, but that has a 55 on RT. Go figure.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    Have no idea who he is, don't care either. But since he's in it of course he's going to say good things about it. Like I said before, since the success of this movie isn't going to make a TF6, I'll just wait and get the blu-ray.

19. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20180325-213729.png

That 55% is higher than any of those Bay movies in my screenshot. But the more important measure is those user reviews, which is tremendously higher than Bay movies at 88%.

The amazing thing about the original 1986 movie, was it was created to sell toys but somewhere along the way they slipped up and created a contraversial moving piece and cemented the building blocks off which the franchise is built. It has flaws but it more than makes up for them.

20. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And how many reviews are there that aggregate 55%?

I don't hate the 1986 movie but if being a huge copy of Star Wars is the best we can get then we need to aim higher than that.

Also you can put those last couple of words with the 2007 movie which I'm pretty sure is trying to rival the score the 1986 movie got.