John Cena Joins Transformers Spinoff Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Jul 31, 2017.

1. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Yikes...

It'll be embarrassing when Aquaman kicks this movie's butt...

The VW is a bad idea... It's too half-@$$ed! Half G1, half Bay... Did someone want that? Ironic, after that conversation I just had where some folks felt BB needed his updated small foreign racer design. Now it's back to his core design. It just reeks of desperation to me. If they're dipping into G1 and calling in some G1 nostalgia... Just do a proper G1. Bay'ing up the production will just mess it up, imo. That said, I'm hopeful the new director does not take his cues from Bay and gives the audience something unique AND memorable.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    But Volkswagen hates association with war!!!!

Anyway, unfortunately no matter how many bones they throw us, this is still bogged down by the terrible universe of these movies. It's too late. This should be a completely fresh start. Instead, this will be an end. Small progress is not going to cut it - we want a TF movie.

3. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

That's actually a really good idea. Cheese it up to the max and it'd be a perfect fit for Cena's talent.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jerrimus

Jerrimus BOSS

Ebay:

So he at least begins as a vw bug, to which most fans would be happy about as a nod to the character's history, and we still get THIS. I understand the skepticism, I really do.

Have some faith in Travis Knight. I'm sure he'll get as much control over the film as he wants, especially seeing how Bay's films have done over the years. Like the last film. And don't give me, "look at how the Ninja Turtles turned out cuz Bay." He didn't direct or write them. Producers make sure things are humming along on schedule. And I'm fairly certain Paramount knows they need a fresh take on the franchise.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    John Campea is optimistic about this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    This can only mean one thing.

Memes.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    According to Collider, they don't think BB will do great against Marry Poppins and Aquaman. Also Peter Jackson's Mortal Engine and The Animated Spiderman movie are coming out in december.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Should I be excited about this?

9. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

I don't mind at all that John Cena is joining the cast. A single extra cast member isn't going to make or break this movie. What I would love to see in this upcoming film is a solid story. I'm a fan of the 2007 TF movie and while it isn't perfect, it checks off most of the boxes of any good movie. RotF onward weren't compelling movies to me. The Bayformers movies are chock full of great ideas but dropped the ball on execution.

The BB movie needs to remember the fundamentals of good storytelling. It needs to avoid going back to the well of "world ending disaster". The 5 TF movies over used that idea to the point where it became meaningless. The movie also needs to rein things back a bit and make the story a bit more personal and intimate so the audience can connect. RotF to TLK were all spectacles and movies where I witnessed characters involved in larger than life events with such regularity that I became blase to what should have felt significant.

One very important thing that seemed lacking in RotF onward, to me at least, is that the protagonists were paper thin and no one truly went on a journey where I could see a significant character arc from start to finish. I also hope that there aren't throw away characters such as the human sidekicks of the main protagonists in the Bay TF movies.

So I welcome John Cena into the TF movieverse. At worst, he will be utilized like other big names in the previous TF movies, which won't be a surprise. At best, we could be pleasantly surprised by seeing Cena being used appropriately for his strengths as an actor in whatever role he has in the movie.

I haven't seen any of Travis Knight's previous directorial work but from what I understand, he is potentially a breath of fresh air in the live action TF movies. Hopefully the script is solid as well.

• Like Like x 4
  10. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So if Bee is badly damaged I'm thinking is this how he lost his voice?

• Like Like x 3
  11. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    And Considering it's now releasing against Aquaman, this will pretty much increase the chances of having Peter Cullen & Frank Welker in the DC Films Universe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    This is one hell of a news to wake up to. I wonder if Cena is playing a military guy like Lennox or just another human friend for BB?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    If he plays as the main girl's dad I'll LMAO

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ryan101

Ryan101 That Dude

News Credits:
    I really think this is what will happen lol

• Like Like x 2
  15. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

Cena had(has?) a rapper sort of gimmick early on. Perhaps he plays an analog to Vanilla Ice, seeing as the movie is set in the late 1980s.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    So...after all the years of saying they stayed away from Bee being a VW because they wanted to avoid the Herbie comparisons...

Reading this synopsis has me LOL

• Like Like x 3
  17. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They stopped doing movie releases in the summer? There You can easily tell how scared and desperate paramount is getting to put themselves back on top. Now with Aquaman and the Han-solo spinoff film coming out in December next year, they're easily trying to compete with them box office and quality wise.

• Like Like x 2
  18. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Solo is may.

19. Ryan101

Ryan101 That Dude

News Credits:
    I wonder if John Cena will end up back on Saturday Night Live to promote this film lol it's bound to happen.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're right. Just as I predicted after TLK abysmal numbers in the box office, Paramount are panicking right now. I wouldn't be surprised if the so-called offical release date gets changed again.

• Like Like x 4