Joe Exotic Tiger King

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by rattrap007, Apr 8, 2020.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anyone else watch this Netflix series? I could only get through 2 episodes before i gave up. It is too weird.

basically it is about a nut job in Oklahoma who runs a big cat zoo. He is in prison in a murder for hire plot. The show revolves mostly around 3 groups. Joe and His crew. A guy, Doc, who runs a big cat zoo in Myrtle Beach, and a lady who runs a big cat sanctuary who tries to get people like them shut down.

Everyone in this is nuts. You describe them and it sounds like a joke and you are making it up. Joe is a gay polygamist redneck with bleach blonde mullet. One husband has three teeth. The other was 19 and Joe was in his 40s. One of the workers has both legs missing due to a zip line accident. Another is a transgender woman to man who lost her arm after sticking it in a tiger cage. She could have had surgery and therapy for 2 years, but chose amputation.

Doc Antle has a cult like group of women living on his compound several been there since their teens.

There is a former drug lord in one episode.

yeah it is just insane.

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    I watched the whole thing... mostly because it was such a psychotic train wreck. AND it's not over. There's supposed to be another episode where this crazy dude is going to release documents that will allow the government to go after all the major players in the exotic animal trade. This shit is just too damned weird.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Galvatross

Galvatross Nemesis of the Dreklords Veteran

I haven't watched it, but I have read about. Nobody in the series seems like they are exemplary individuals to me. I think he should be called Joe Shrexotic!

• Like Like x 1
  4. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the show had that the quick sugar rush of zany people doing crazy shit, followed by the steep sugar crash of seeing what those animals had to endure.

I can't fathom how any of this is even remotely legal! If I had ever crossed paths with anyone from this show, literally any one of them would qualify as worst person I ever met. Even the lady who's supposedly "saving the tigers" is terrible! And seeing those animals at the end, how much many of them suffered, for nothing but vanity.

I had to binge watch Adventure Time to cleanse the palette.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I couldn’t stop watching this show. It’s just so insane that you can’t make any of it up. Who knew that big cat preserves were such a cutthroat business? Just about everyone is terrible, and hardly anyone actually cares about the tigers, but they’re all such entertaining characters. We’re talking about a gay redneck who married 2 straight guys (likely by getting them addicted to drugs) that clearly needs to take some gun safety courses (seriously, he aimed and fired a loaded gun at the camera). The weird thing is that the guy who inspired Scarface was seemingly the most normal guy in the show, and he killed people! I’m positive Carole Baskins killed her husband. I’m hardly the first to point this out, but she gave total OJ Simpson vibes. Doc Antle is totally running some sort of sex cult with his employees, and they should really look into him more because it sounds like there’s a lot of grooming going on there too. The FBI apparently raided his property back in November, so I assume that’s what the new episode will cover.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    ... oh fuck, it made it here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

I see you are also aware of that video OJ did in which he called her crazy.
    My reaction as well it is one of two things that are spreading.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Raiju

Raiju Yub Nub, y'all! Yub Nub!! Veteran

News Credits:
    My wife and I started watching this train wreck of a show just last night after so any friends and colleagues recommend it to us.

It's not an easy show to watch what with all of the animal cruelty, on top of the doubtless abuse that the lower ranked workers showcased are suffering from (that Doc guy is a particular creep).

We were about to give up half way through the second episode but that's when it starts to pick up and we're slogging through it. The guy who inspired Tony Montana was a surprise and, yeah, he seemed almost normal compared to the other cast of strange characters until we remembered that he used animals to smuggle drugs into the U.S.

In the end, none of them should be held in any high regard, but I guess like a train wreck you can't turn away but instead gawk at how crazy and awful they all are.

• Like Like x 2
  9. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I watched it last week and I liked it. It's a very hard show to watch. I'm also frustrated that the main reaction to the events of the show is that Carole Baskins murdered her second husband and not talking about the animal cruelty and the sex cults.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah I was hoping it wouldn't. Terrible show about beyond terrible people that completely misses the message it SHOULD have been sending in place of just being a 'cleverly' edited fucking Jerry Springer themed miniseries. The last thing this trainwreck was was "entertainment". In fact, I can't remember the last time a documentary upset me the way this one did. And 99% of everyone championing this show completely and fundamentally missed the point.

• Like Like x 5
  11. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didnt make it to the end of the 1st episode. I knew where this was headed. Its about awful people doing awful things...Why waste my time on it? WE give people like this way more attention than they deserve. I would rather watch a documentary centered on healthcare workers and them helping people right now.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What’s amazing is that both of Joe Exotic’s husbands were straight. Which means, I guess, that any man in Oklahoma will marry Joe Exotic with enough meth and tiger pets.

• Like Like x 4
  13. gregles

gregles quintesson

There really is no escape from this documentary (in a good way I think)

This documentary and the other one called you don’t f*ck with cats have certainly proven that documentaries have proven some of the most addictive and unusual entertainment out there right now whilst most of the current big box set shows are either over or having suffering from diminishing returns.

All big cat owners seem to exhibit some of the wild traits of the creatures they claim to own and not always in a ‘cool’ entertaining rock wild frontman type thing as they all seemed to be territorial, domineering and even what many people would describe as controlling abusive behaviour.

The most ironic thing about the success of this documentary is that it’s about people finding enjoyment from watching wild things in cages and many of the viewers are finding enjoyment from watching the feral cat owners from the safety of a Netflix documentary.

I guess we have another red flag to watch out for when meeting new romantic partners as if your date announces they are into big cats or exotic animals get the hell out of there as fast as if they had told you they are a sex offender.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Sure there's an escape. I don't have Netflix so I can't watch it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    ReBoot Guardian Code looking a lot better by comparison, eh? :p 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m aware of this show through memes and reviews like in this thread. Animal abuse is one of my big pet peeves, so I’m not even going to touch this show. I’d hate for any of the revenue from watching it go to those horrible people.

• Like Like x 2
  17. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

It was a glorious train wreck. If I hadn't watch the series with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe the story.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    And this is the dumbing of America. Stupid people recommending the show because they want to feel cool.."hey, watch this fucked up show just because"

I hate any animal cruelty, or animals locked up. Put them back in their natural habitat God Damn It!

• Like Like x 1
  19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Is that likely to happen? Wasn't this series more of an exposé, the purpose of which was to expose the horrible conditions for the cats and what horrible people these all are? Hasn't this series resulted in owners of big cats, including many celebrities, to come under fire from the public?

It seems like if you hate these people and what they do, this series does more to help than just ignoring the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That may be so. And if it does, then cool. But I was never likely to watch this show anyway. Not even out of morbid curiosity. Even if the whole thing were fictional, I still wouldn’t watch it. It’s just not something I want to see.

• Like Like x 2