JLU (and Titans) Cancelled...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Jiggles, Jan 30, 2006.

1. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

No, they wouldent keep releasing them if they wern't making a decent amount of profit.

2. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Did CN hire Fox execs? This is really stupid.

3. Prowlus

Prowlus resident goldfish

So where are we gonna get our weekly dose of superdickery (grudge match, metabrawl) now that CN is axing the only good non-japanese related show it has in its inventory?

4. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

While I like both shows... they really went down the shitter and became 'super hero massive party'

Now JLU is just 8 random heroes and villians dumped in a toliet and flushed and whatever comes out the bottom is the script. It is fun and nostalgic, but hardly the writing of previous seasons with re-occuring plot-lines... hero VS villian monster mash is the lowest common denominator.

And same deal with Teen Titans... that show went down the shitter the second they got a brotherhood of evil brain in a jar plot where 'oh noes, teenage heroes fighting teenage villians in a world with apparently no superman who could lobotomize the brain guy in 6 seconds. TT takes itself too seriously and that show has suffered the same fate. They should have stuck to the small-scope silly stuff.

If they are not going to bother writing good stuff and just going to smear comic origins and stoires into cartoons, Maybe they can get this poorly written DC-comic circlejerk off the toob and rerun hour-long blocks are Naruto and One Piece with a little DBZ reruns thrown in on the side. I am sure the ratings will be higher.

(anyone else think it is because the animation team/artist who has done the batman/superman series is fed up with doing that series and wants to focus on his new show, BEN 10? I mean, that is why Samauri Jack died, so the artist could develop fosters home for that bloo jackass show, and before that, PPG was killed to bring Samauri Jack. As an artist, he probably is dying to develop his own Property so he can sell action figures and such. There has been no end to the shameless promotion of that new show.)

5. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

No, or at least not to my knowledge, he has however discussed his desire to work on marvel properties in the past. I just hope he does.

6. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

ARGHHH!!!! :banghead: 

Why is Cartoon Network going after stuff like Wu-lin Warriors (Chinese puppets with terrible dubbing and a rap soundtrack) when Justice League could still be very popular? Wu-lin Warriors came on tonight for the first time (I think) and it was horrid. Stupid Time Warner/Cartoon Network execs....

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: 

7. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    I saw the opening credits and the first minute of Wu-Lin Warriors. I haven't been switch back to CN since. This is what is taking precedence over the JLU?

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Don't any of you damn morons listen to anybody!?

IT IS NOT CARTOON NETWORK'S FAULT! IT IS BECAUSE OF THE DUMBASSES AT DC AND WB!

It's been mentioned repeatedly by several different people. Doesn't anybody actually read anymore?

9. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I liked Wu-Lin warriors... Just like people always complain 'ANIME SUX it is everywhere and not unique' well this was very unique.

I think Puppetry is a lost art and I was kina curious to see how it was and I enjoyed it. And Goku's voice actor talking about the pIzza Oracle was funny. It is supposed to spoof.

And I am unsure that JLU was ever that popular on CN anyways. Always felt force syndicated and buried.

10. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

What are you on about?

All WB/DC has done is deny BT and his crew the use of Batman characters and rogues for JLU seeing as the sidekicks never appeared on JL and batmans villains would be out of their league I dont see how that equates to WB/DC's sabotauging(sp?) the show btw the bold all caps thing makes you seem like a misinformed loud mouth fan boy(no offense) and calling people morons doesn't help.

Sam Register, a upper echelon CN exec, has gone on record saying he doesnt like BT's art style and that its dated couple that with the fact JLU cost nearly $700,000 an episode and its not hitting the right ratings in the right markets/age groups advertisers want, and well I dont really need to explain the situation any further now do I. If CN wanted to pay for another season they would get that season Its all on CN.

11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Then explain to me why Teen Titans is cancelled? It was one of the most popular shows on Toonami. There was litterally no reason at all to cancel it so soon.

12. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

So soon? Action cartoons produced in the west dont typically go over 54-60 episodes this is when ratings wain, advertisers lose interest and networks decide its better to move on to something new and air cost free re-runs. I think titans is around that area plus they(CN) are making for for new toons coming down the pipe like the new "The Superman"(working title) and the much anticipated LOSH, in the mean time they can make huge profits on cheap dubbed anime as TT was like 150k or 300k an ep. Random dubbed anime is gonna be like 60k or less.

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

quite frankly, i hope they do end it, before this universe started over 10 years ago, get's screwed up by cartoon network.

to me, it is for the best. i mean how long can a show, keep going, and still keep the same caliber, i mean look at the simpson's, today it is no where as great as it once was, just 5 years ago. but, i assume that they will one day, be repicked up, because cartoon network, hardly ever actually cancels there show's they just stop playing them. like transformers armada/energon/cybertron, sam. jack.

oh well, life will go on, plus maybe this will mean, dvd full box sets?

14. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

Season One of Justice League and Batman Beyond are comming out sometime in March I think. Season One of Titans is comming out soon too.

15. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It sucks to see a quality show like JLU get canned. I'll definitely miss it.

16. Fatbot

Fatbot Active Member

Dont worry, there will be plenty of craptacular anime shows to take their slots. And we all know how much of a wide variety of storylines they have.

17. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey... guess what... CARTOON NETWORK STILL SUCKS!!!!

18. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seriously, I haven't cared about Cartoon Network ever since Boomerang came into being... unfortunately it's being tainted with some of the dumb CN cartoons as well...

19. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm not saying it's not nearly as good as it used to be. I just don't think it's all their fault. Most is, but not all.

20. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

WOW.....why is it that the shows I like seem to get cancelled in no time?

I watch JLU and Teen Titans with my wife and daughter on Saturdays (if we're home). It took me a few eps to warm up to Teen Titans, but now I really like the show -- especially since they update so many of the old DC villians (in TT) that many people have never heard of and actually manage to make them interesting.

This sucks!