JLU (and Titans) Cancelled...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Jiggles, Jan 30, 2006.

1. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Superman

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

We've known that both have been cancelled for months now.

3. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:

Damn, that was going to be my line.

4. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

lame lame lame!!!!!
    I really liked teen titans.
    shame on CN

5. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

I've thought the same thing and heard one of two things happen in the series finale
    1)darkseid is the big cheese of the villans and has something to do with the source wall
    2) absoulte power corrupts and absoulte power is parallax

Given the 2 though I'd place money on darkseid, and it be a good way to go out with a bang

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked Mystery of the Batwoman too; it's not 'Mask of the Phantasm' by any stretch, but it's still decent.

That's probably part of it for JLU, but the creative team could still easily produce Justice League Unlimited without using certain characters (ie - has the lack of some Batman villains really had that much of an impact on the show?). Personally, I'd rather the Batman and Superman franchises had taken a backseat in JLU anyway to let some of the other heroes and villains shine. However, the creators can't produce JLU at all if CartoonNetwork says "we're not airing it any more". In addition, the "Time Warner restricting character usage" thing doesn't explain the cancellation of Teen Titans at all.

Anywho, this is kind of old news. The cancellation of Teen Titans was posted on titanstower.com at least a month ago, with the news that CartoonNetwork wasn't picking the show up for Season 6. For JLU, there's been rumors that CN wanted to get rid of it because the DCAU style didn't fit with the anime style that's popular for cartoons right now. Still, it's a shame to see both of these cartoons go. JLU was a really mature show that was thought-provoking and built upon the strong universe laid down by BTAS and STAS. Titans...sure, it was hit-and-miss sometimes, but the stories that worked were excellent. Both were a nice change from the "gotta catch 'em all" and "never-ending journey" anime shows that are common on CN right now. JLU and Titans were/are the only things I watched on CartoonNetwork, with the collapse of AdultSwim into utter garbage, so I'll really have no reason to watch "MostlyCartoonAndSomeLiveActionMovieNetwork" anymore after JLU winds down.

7. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Had a feeling it was coming. I only got into the show near the end of the first season of Unlimited, but I've really enjoyed watching it since then. I'll be picking up the Season sets (Season 1 out in March along with Batman Beyond Vol 1).

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Tempe, AZ
    [​IMG]

9. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

That's about how I feel about CN right now Shin-Gouki. I mean, this time last year I was watching Teen Titans, JLU, Billy and Mandy, some assorted anime, Megas XLR, ATHF, etc. Now the only thing I'll be watching on CN is the occassional Billy and Mandy and Fullmetal Alchemist. I just wish I had a Nielsen box so that my not watching CN would actually make a difference.

10. SpazmasterX

SpazmasterX My turn to protect you.

WHAT.

There goes one of the best superhero shows ever to grace television. RIP JLU. :( 

11. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

If there're character restrictions how did Speedy just appear in JLU a few weeks ago?

12. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Well given the craptastic airing schedule that CN's given JLU the last year (or more) Im surprised they picked it up for the current season.

Well maybe we can get some more horrible dubs to replace them with :redface2

I found JLU refreshing. It showed that a western made show can still have great stories and good animation. Lately it seems that all the different anime shows are blurring together and none of them really stand out anymore.

Teen Titans - Im not that surprised, even though I watched the show religiously.

13. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

the Bruce Tim and Paul Dini DC Universe were the greatest. That 'The batman' show is just pure crap.

14. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

But look on the real bright side guys.. Atleast now that these crap cartoons are gone.. we get to look forward to more episodes of Codename kids next door and Ed, Edd, and Eddy! /sarcasm.

15. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Codename Kids Next Door has some pretty cool episodes. I watch mostly Nicktoons nowadays. Fairly Oddparents is awesome

16. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I want more Megas XLR and Venture Bros. >_>

17. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

GOD D@MMIT!!!! I hope that isn't the real reason, but I have no reason to doubt you. I hate the freakin' anime styling done to US cartoons. I always thought the DC 'toons were so much cleaner and simpler and helped you keep your attention to the storyline. Traditional animation seems to be going the way of the dodo.

18. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Paul Dini's take on it is so right on, "It's the corporation (Time Warner), man. A bunch of independant tentacles of the same octopus thrashing around for whatever it can get.". Everyone trying to get characters into films and then more "kid friendly" marketable toons. So @$*^#ing sad.... :cry 

19. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

So does this mean that the Batman and Superman Animated Series DVDs aren't selling that well? I would love for this all to turn around and bite Cartoon Network in the ass by having those two series and the upcoming Justice League season DVDs do gangbusters and have them have to renew JLU ala how Family Guy DVDs did it with Fox. Frickin nincompoops!

20. Eric

Eric Dreadnought of Floof

News Credits:

Couldn't have made it any more clearer. If it's okay, can I use that as my new sig?