JLU 510 *Spoilers, as always*

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Sol Fury, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Another cool episode. It's Supergirl's 21st birthday, and she's training instead of celebrating. Little conversation between Green Arrow and Superman about how Superman and Supergirl get on. Really nice character moment for Superman, you really get to see a different side to the guy this episode, and he's only in about three minutes of it!
    In the 31st century, Brainiac 5 and Bouncing Boy (of the Legion of Super Heroes!) are the last ones standing. Longtime enemies, the Fatal Five, have snatched the rest of the Legion for some evil purpose. Brainiac plans to bring back three members of the JLU to save the day, as history mentions they journeyed to the future at this point... but only two return. Brainy sends the Time Bubble to snag Green Arrow, Jon Stewart and Supergirl, but they weren't in the future long before the Emerald Empress shows up and blindsides them all, grabbing Jon and Bouncing Boy. From there, it's up to GA, Supergirl, and Brainiac 5 to defeat not only the Fatal Five, but also the entire Legion of Superheroes and Green Lantern, who've been put under mind control by the Five.

It's another good one. It's nice to see the Legion in animation again, and moreover its good to see a different group of heroes to last time. Pity the rest of the legion didn't get much screentime, though.
    Also, it seems in the DC AU Supergirl has taken up the role of Superboy. Though the whole thing between her and Brainiac 5 seems a little odd, but it made the last scene with Superman really funny.

I wonder now what'll come next? I was sure the Legion would have been the big series finale, so I wonder how the writers will go one better than a JLU / LOSH team up. It's a pity they didn't make this a two part story and take a slightly larger team, and a bigger villain. But as is this was a really nice self contained little story.

2. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Are any other members of the Legion of SuperHeroes seen in cameo bit-parts??

3. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    The Supergirl/Brainiac 5 thing actually goes back to the Silver Age, the JLU crew just decided to bring it back.

(And no, I'm not some big comics historian, I got that from Wikipedia. I've gotten in the habit of looking up recent JLU guest starts after every episode :) )

I thought this was a great episode with lots of action and some great laughs at the right moments too. Animation was kinda uneven though. Supergirl's big fight scene looked pretty good, but there were scenes where characters were drawn really off-model (Superman looks awful in the last scene). Was sad to see Kara go, but at the same time, I'm curious as to what adventures she'll go on to next.

(Coincidentally, there's a persistent-yet-unconfirmed rumor that a Legion series is in the works. That could be a nice consolation prize after the cancellation of JLU and Titans, especially if some of the JLU production crew was behind the new show)

4. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, loads. Ultra Boy, Cosmic Boy, Reep Daggle (or whatever the shapeshifting Durlan is called), plus a good number of others. Essentially it's the main team from the comics.

Hmm, I never knew about the Supergirl thing with Brainiac 5 in the comics. Very cool, though :thumbs2: 

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got it downloading now. about an 1.5 hours left. Will watch it tonight after Earl.

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow good episode once again... not as good as the last few episodes, but still excellent.

Love Olly in this episode.

7. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    Only a handful of episodes left in the series, but I can't help but feel its not going to compare to Cadmus arc last season. Still, these are nice little one-offs to help leave the DCAU off on a positive note. Last week Huntress and Canary looked well on their way to being Birds Of Prey, and now Supergirl has found her place.

8. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Three, by my count. By the end credits, the next one is a self contained (albeit very cool) looking episode. That leaves enough room for a two part season finale.

9. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

These are the remaining episodes:

Episode #37 - Ancient History
    Original Airdate -

The Shadow Thief returns and so does Hawkman as more mysteries from “Shadow of the Hawk” are explored.

Episode #38 - Alive (Part 1)
    Original Airdate -

In a knock-down drag out battle on Earth and in space, the power moving behind the scenes of the villains is revealed leading to the most unexpected team-up in Justice League history.

Episode #39 - Destroyer (Part 2)
    Original Airdate - - Series Finale

In a knock-down drag out battle on Earth and in space, the power moving behind the scenes of the villains is revealed leading to the most unexpected team-up in Justice League history.

10. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    Ack, only 3 episodes, it's all ending so fast! :( 

I wonder if J'onn will come back before it's over, it would kinda suck if this was the end of the DCAU and his fate is unknown.

11. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

When do those last 3 episodes air?

12. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Mid-February or March on CN in the US.

Hopefully they'll air this coming week in the UK.

13. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Heh, being in the U.S., all my Azureus wanted to know was when the UK was getting episodes. I'm pretty much done with cartoon network.

14. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The next episodes ought to air this Monday, Wednesday, then the following Monday. That's how Toonami works over here.
    However, it may be that because the school holiday is coming up Toonami is going to alter their scheduling for that one week (I know they have a half term Pokemon Marathon planned, but not certain when).
    At any rate, I'll be watching them and giving my thoughts as they happen, so I'll keep you posted.

15. edkwon

edkwon Active Member

JLU doesn't fail to dissapoint, i like how Supergirl is a nice hybrid of the pre/post crisis versions of Superman's cousin, esp bringing back the pre-crisis relationship between Supergirl and Brainiac 5. I'm impressed at how recognizable the members of the LOSH and the Fatal Five were, good memories, and yes i read the original LOSH DC comics as a kid.

Ed