Jizaitoys to make Ironhide/Ratchet next?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Glitcher, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    http://jizaitoys.seesaa.net/article/88222482.html#more

It sure looks like it. To be honest, I'm not sure if this is such a good idea. There have been a lot of rumours of Ironhide/Ratchet surfacing some time in Classics 2.0, and Jizaitoys has already been caught twice when Powerglide and Octane (who I really hope he finishes soon) appeared in the lineup. I don't want to sound as if his work clashes with Hasbro's releases, but it would be nice if he could deliver a remake of a character we're not already getting.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep, that's definetly Ironhide. Would be cool to see, but isn't something that I'm interested in buying for myself.. Especially since there is a lot of interest at Hasbro in doing a Universe Ironhide with a later remold/repaint as Ratchet. If anything, I think he should do some sort of Grimlock. A War Within one would especially be interesting, and something I would most likely want (depending on what the final product looked like).

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    man this guy makes me want to cry over toys I'll never get :( 

4. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

What do you mean?

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I think he means that Jizai's already done 2 figures that have ended up getting Classics releases, and Glitcher would prefer it if he did some figures that weren't rumoured to appear in CLassics 2.0.
    And I have to say I agree with him. As nice as it would be to see what Jizai can do with Ratchet/Ironhide, I can think of a lot of characters I'd rather see his take on.

6. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I'd love him to carry on with some more minibots actually. Seaspray, Warpath etc.

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    so who else should he make that's unlikely to get the classics treatment in the near future?

8. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    That would rock. I'm loving that Powerguide.

9. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Well, considering the Jizaitoys versions of Octane and Powerglide look a lot more like their G1 incarnation than the "classics" do...hell, the classics share practically nothing with their originals save for having similar alt modes.

This is all irrelevant however, since I can't afford the Jizaitoys versions, dagnabbit.

10. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno. I kinda think the ironhide/ratchet mold is high on the priority of true anime accurate remakes considering old sticker face was a fan gave complaint back in the day.

I'd also put cartoon skyfire on that list.

11. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    it's not really possible for us over here in america to get these directly from him, is it? just out of curiosity, are these things usually in scale with g1 figures, or are they on a pvc/hoc type scale?

12. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

13. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

His Cyclonus is Deluxe size. If you want Cyclonus or Wheelie, check on ebay seller pompomnet...he sells those. Or if you are rich you can check with seller paranoid (I think). He sells the set for 4000$
    As for Powerglide, somebody at the Japan Toy Festival is gonna buy a lot and sell it on ebay....same happened for Wheelie and Cycs...Just wait and see.

14. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Is the stuff Jizaitoys doing legal? Hasbro owns all the rights to the transformers. Hasbro can sue Jizaitoys just because they are selling customized transformers for a profit.

15. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Is it even possible to make a completely G1 accurate transforming Ironhide?

If he has the battle sled(or whatever it's called) I can see it happening, but not if the figure is just one piece.

16. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Did you just say ironhide is not worthy of such!:mad  Well good day to you sir!

17. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Regardless of the positive/negatives of making a potential Classics fig, there's still going to be a market for them..surely more than friggin' Wheelie anyway. And, as reflected in the title, but not necessarily the Web site, think about it from his perspective. Where Ironhide goes, Ratchet follows. Just like Hasbro, a lot of work goes into a mold, and when you've got a chance to make essentially one mold, but two characters (desirable ones at that), it makes economic sense to do so.

Come to think of it, Classics or no, I'm surprised he hasn't done a seeker kit. He could crank that out six ways to Sunday and fund more goodies...that I can't afford anyway, but they're still cool to look at.

18. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    eh, this stuff always costs far more then i'd be able to pay, so classics are totally fine for me, i could care less what he makes. they do look cool though...and i hope we get ironhide and ratchet, even though i still want the botcon 05 ironhide...

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He must have updated that pic of his non-Tf stuff - that triple changing human figure is mind boggling. And transforming furniture?

20. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Jizai designs are incredible, dare I say better than, if not equal to Hastaktom's. They already topped Hastaktom by making a good representation of Wheelie and Cyclonus , a feat that seemed impossible. Their recent Powerglide looks far superior than the original. Now G1 Ironhide and Ratchet are finally going to get a good toy mold. I think that Hastaktom should buy out Jizai and market their products to the mainstream.