Jiang Xing JX-Metalbeast-01 Winged Dragon (BW Transmetal 2 Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dinotrap, Jan 6, 2018.

1. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Nope

2. Junkmech

Junkmech Mouthplate Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well, because honestly it's probably not going to be as good. Plus their TM2 Optimus is like Legends + scale, so I guess it's up to you, but Winged Dragon will probably surpass their TM2 Megs even if he's MP scale.

Plus, again, why bother being loyal to a company? I have all the official MPs, all the Transart MPs, and Winged Dragon. Get whatever makes you happy and or is the best, who cares what the brand name on the box is?

• Like Like x 9
  3. Bongo3

Bongo3 Active Member

What's the difference between versions? I haven't found any videos detailing anything

4. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

Yeah, I doubt many of us dropped the coin to get _all_ the versions.

V1 was glossy. Seems like all copies had minor paint chipping around the transformable parts; also a crazing/texture to the paint on the wings.
    V2 was glossy. Fixed the paint chipping, added a couple minor paint apps (head crest, notably, not sure about others. But had stiffer joints - and a few copies broke in the wing joints due to excessive tightness.
    Cold Dragon was matte (and blue!). Lots of remolding to reflect Cryotek. More face options. Never heard of any particular QC issues.
    V3 was matte. Used the Cold Dragon remolding, but the Winged Dragon red. I assume this includes all the Cold Dragon face options?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    @Bongo3 @sdmacleod Did you happen to see 1 of my vids for these guys? I only have V2 and Cold Dragon.
    sdmac states it pretty well, basically V2 is just the same as V1 with "fixed" paint issues. V3 mold takes the Cold Dragon mold and goes more matte. I guess the problem was the original paint wasn't really 100% glossy/mirror/chrome but maybe 75%? The V3 is perhaps 50% matte.
    @4:30 Jiangxing Dragon showdown - YouTube

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any talk of an alternate faceplate/grill for Cold Dragon like Perfect Effect Psychro Knight has?
    7f0db318-a3d2-466a-a2d6-9e74b9a685e5.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

JX actually gave their cryotek a unique helmet-plate but no... no masked face.

8. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

So team; now that the 3rd release of TM2 Dragon Megs has been out a while (in his metallic paint glory), whats the verdict? Is he superior to the previous 2 releases? Have design faults & tolerances from the first 2 been eradicated? If not - what problems still remain? Have their been any new concerns arise with this release?

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't own the first two versions, but my V3 is functionally perfect. Tolerances are great with the sole exception of the neck which cannot hold the effect part as well as the earlier releases. The wings are fine, the paint is sturdy, and generally the QC is top-notch. It's honestly the best 3P figure I've ever owned (which admittedly says little)

How this compares to the previous two I can't say, but I can't imagine tolerances being better than what I have save for the neck. (which, FWIW, holds itself up more than fine)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the speedy response. As someone who doesn't own this guy could you explain or post a pic perhaps of "the neck not holding the effect part as well as previous releases" please?

11. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

He means the neck has too many not-quite-strong-enough joints, and the blasts effects included are heavy! My V1 struggles to hold the effect up without very careful fiddling.
    IMG_6789 - Copy.JPG
    (sorry for crap photo, taken years ago on an old phone, and cropped in a lot).

• Like Like x 2
  12. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have V2 and happy with it. only thing that doesnt really stay in place is the cap for the fire effect. if that makes sense

not that i really care about that because i dont have him displayed with it

13. A Good Noodle

A Good Noodle “We’re werewolves, not swear-wolves”

I'm interested in Cryo version. Only thing preventing me from getting it is his price. If it's on sale then I'll hop on the bandwagon!

14. Nemesis Scourge

Nemesis Scourge Unicron's finest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Oh? There are different versions of this guy? Or is this more of a initial release, second release, third release kind of situation?

I still want to get one for my BW MP collection - hopefully he will scale nicely with the new Optimal Optimus from Transart.

15. Megatron_X

Megatron_X Supreme Predacon Warlord

He's still taller than the TransArt Optimal. I sold this because it was too big for the spaces I had available. It was a beautiful figure but honestly waiting for something smaller. It was the largest figure I had ever owned and wasn't helping the limited space I have for displaying them all. Also was terrified of scraping the paint on it. I disliked the head colors and face sculpts and had instant buyers remorse when I looked at that aspect. I think I had v2 though. But still I wasn't as impressed with it on a whole for what I was expecting at that cost.

If TransArt came with one that was show accurate and similar but was in scale with their Optimal, I'd get it but most likely getting the one coming in the Legacy line if it is actually TM2 Megatron.

16. UncagedTrombone

UncagedTrombone Member

Has anyone seen the matte version still available anywhere to buy? Hesitated pulling the trigger and now it looks like he's pretty much sold out

17. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    That is the price you have to pay for waiting too long in this hobby unfortunately... But I will ask the JX boss if they are planning to make another batch.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

Jiangxing JX-MetalBeast-01 Winged Dragon (2021 Rerun)

I found some here. The price is pretty bad though so take it as you will -

• Like Like x 5
  19. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Highbrow98

Highbrow98 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well, if anybody wants one, I'll be selling my V1 because I want to buy Cryotek. I love this guy to bits, but he's simply too big for CHUG BW and I sold off all my other MP BW.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 2