Jiang Xing JX-Metalbeast-01 Winged Dragon (BW Transmetal 2 Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dinotrap, Jan 6, 2018.

1. quantumpencil

quantumpencil Active Member

Ebay:
    Anyone here know a good paint match for the red on this figure? I got a really good copy but it has a scratch on the top of the head that is really annoying me. I would like to fix it but I'm a noob at painting so I need help from some of the artistically minded here to find a good paint match for the color.
    Paint-chip.jpg

To show exactly where the chip is. I bought FOUR of these and they all have random paint QC, really annoying -- this one is the best one as this is the only flaw with it so I figure I'd try to fix this one and sell the others.

2. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

Matching a sheeny metallic paint like this is gonna be tough.
    Would it not be simpler to swap a good head from one of the other figures you've got?

3. HeroicVillain

HeroicVillain Well-Known Member

I would think this might be a good idea, but I don't know how easy they are to swap.

4. quantumpencil

Ebay:
    Hmm... I could do that if I could figure out how to swap the heads -- they do not seem like they come lose easily/normally.

Looking around it seems like it is possible to do something called "paint transfer" using an eraser? would that be a potential solution here? The scratches are quite small and then and are on the red part of the toy (not the orange)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  5. piman

piman Well-Known Member

i had the same question but couldn't find any reliable answer. my best guest is festive red. DecoArt - Dazzling Metallics

• Like Like x 1
  6. quantumpencil

Ebay:
    Thanks! I just bought that paint, I will try it out. What's the finest/most precise way to apply paint like this to a small scratch? fine-tipped brush?

7. piman

piman Well-Known Member

I used some paint pens but couldn't find the right color for this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zi Shan

Zi Shan Well-Known Member

So when mine chips the chrome is exposed underneath. I usually use a red sharpie to repaint over the chrome and make it a shiny red again. It works for me as it did for the original transmetals I had 25 years ago. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Any word on their tigerhawk?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Just one word: No.

11. james archer

james archer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I was having a quick looker over transart’s transmetal 2 Megatron and it got me wondering, do you think they could have sold their design on to jiang xing? Maybe that’s why nothing more was seen from it? I can’t remember if theirs was started before jiang xing’s.

12. Zi Shan

Probably not. Looking at both figures, while they both started from the same base design of TM2 Megatron, TransArt's had broader feet and waist (from what I remember). Jiang Xing (kudos to you for remembering how to spell their name!) has the slimmer waist and the feet are much longer. I own two Jiang Xing's and doubt if TransArt is going to release their's now. They should just do Season 2 cast / TM1 and let Jiang Xing stick with the Season 3 cast / TM2. Competition may be good for consumers as it drives down prices and give us more choices, however, the Beastwars fan base is not as big as G1 I believe. Both companies are turning out to be really good at what they do and they should not cannibalize each other.
    Just my humble opinion as I am not a business strategist/advisor!

Now, another interesting topic for discussion: Who do you think should make Rampage as JX is really good at making big heavy figures but TransArt seems to be doing Season 2 cast. I'll gladly buy both versions for my Season 2 and Season 3 shelf if that is the case.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

I doubt it, JX is a team of designers, I don't think they use or buy other designs made by other people.

14. Chopper Face

News Credits:
    I’m feeling quite tempted to have TransArt bang out all the remaining S2&3 characters now because they actually make progress on their productions.
    The majority of the OG Transmetal figures really just need some minor tweaks and a scale boost Which TA are more than capable of. If they smash TM Megatron our of the park then they’re my guys.
    JX made a figure of the year with Winged Dragon but I’m impatient and none of us are getting any younger. Waiting for them to eventually give me the Dinobot II of my dreams will have me creeping into my 40s at the pace they’re going with Tyga Eagle.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    If it's silver underneath, try clear red.

16. fansince84

fansince84 Active Member

I finally added this to the collection. Great box art, packaging, as well as paint! I delayed since I had Perfect Effect version, but this was just too toon accurate. Any previous post that explains the difference from the first batch v. second batch?

• Like Like x 1
  17. DoodlebugPress

DoodlebugPress Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well, I got mine from AliExpress, cheapest price I found as a Canadian. I know there was some concerns earliers of ordering from AliExpress without a box... but the one I got came with the original box and even the shipping box had the plastic corner protectors, could not be happier. I collect Soul of Chogokins and this toy is the most impressive one I own, right up there with Bandai's SOC.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MrSoundwave64Z

MrSoundwave64Z Well-Known Member

I wonder how well this would scale with the Kingdom Beast Wars figures?

19. Chopper Face

News Credits:
    Poorly. It’s probably only an inch or so height-wise out of scale with the MPs so it’s definitely waayyyyy too big to work with the little Kingdom chaps.

20. Zi Shan

True, true, still you won't be sorry with the purchase. These guys are the Fans Toys of Beast Wars!
    20191124_091251.jpg

• Like Like x 6