Jiang Xing JX-Metalbeast-01 Winged Dragon (BW Transmetal 2 Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dinotrap, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto #1 Meshuggah Fan

News Credits:
    If you decide to order, hit me up or check out the aliexpress seller thread and you can see known good stores.

2. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

Seriously, get the box. The toy really is packed in there for protection.

3. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

What? I didn't get it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Generally the "Without box" ones are still shipped in a box - just not the original. The original boxes for some of these figures are way larger than they really need to be, so they repackage them in a smaller box. It can also help with taxes in some cases since an unmarked brown box which probably used to have noodles in it or something, covered in brown packing tape, appears less like a new purchase than the proper branded box and/or shipper. If you've ever bought from Robotoys/Chimungmung it's the same basic thing for the same basic reason if you select his "without original packaging" option.

But this guy... His box may be bigger than it needs to be to fit him, but there's a lot of foam and plastic in there to protect him in transit. While there's doubtless many suppliers who respect that, I'd still be hesitant to trust him being repackaged and surviving the journey unscathed.

Then again, my LS-05's clamshell disintegrated during shipping and he survived just fine. Hardly a figure of the same quality, but even so...

5. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

Got mine LS-05 and WJ Hide Shadow also without original boxes and they were packed extremely well, despite the height. Shipped securely. Overall it depends on seller's packing skill level ) Don't have Winged Dragon, but mine PE Mega Doragon was in original box and also came undamaged. Even the box itself. But I still believe, "no original box" secured more, because of foam box.

6. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

It's the wings and tail that make this one tricky to ship safely. As long as they ship it in the original foam insert then the exterior box shouldn't matter.

7. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's all about reducing the shipping weight (aka volumetric weight - the "weight" of something as determined by its size) to cut costs - they don't save money by keeping the fancy box or get a refund for returning it to the supplier. If you keep the foam from in the original box you'd have to use a new box that's the same size, so you'd save exactly zero (if not cost slightly more as brown cardboard boxes have a corrugated inner layer making them thicker and they'd have to pay for said brown box).

Could always try to "trim the fat" of the original foam to reduce its size, but by that point you're really just making more work for yourself than finding a suitably sized, smaller box and padding it out with newspaper, bubble wrap, and/or foam peanuts.

Sad part was my LS-05 shipped with the original box, still sealed. Was just plastic fatigue on the clamshell lead to it breaking apart. He'd have actually been safer shipped without it!

• Like Like x 1
  8. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

Not sure about that. I bought lately MFT Camera Brothers with "no box". A "with original" option is on the screen. Lower box is sliding in that fancy upper box. They're the same size, besides milimeters. But mine "no box" set was shipped exactly in that lower box. So they couldn't cut costs, because there's no reduction in size at all.
    ьае.jpg

9. Genesis86

Genesis86 Well-Known Member

For your information.... Anyone who thinks that Showzstore cant ship anything above 2kg due to the pandemic that is not true at all. What you have to do is contact them and just pay some more for shipping and they will ship it out to you and you should get it in under 3 weeks. If you dont want to pay extra shipping for those 2kg packages then you will have to wait till pandemic is over which isnt ending anytime soon.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Genesis86

Dont order from aliexpress. Are you from the US? If so then you can get him at BigBadToyStore. They still have some. Or showzstore.

11. Smartbill

Smartbill Active Member

You could also check out bababobo
    I've had excellent experiences from them on items

• Like Like x 2
  12. Genesis86

They also sell on their official facebook page. It's called Jxfigures. You can buy it directly from them on that page. It is cheapest if you buy it on their facebook page $180 usd. Showzstore is $210 usd and Bigbadtoystore is $240.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  13. Highbrow98

Highbrow98 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, about that...
    upload_2020-9-7_19-26-27.png

Attached Files:

14. Genesis86

It is still cheaper because the other sites charge shipping too. Showzstore if you want free shipping then you have to wait till end of pandemic which isnt ending anytime soon. Otherwise you will have to pay up for shipping too and it aint exactly cheap.
    These stores order directly from Jx = JiangXing as well and they mark it up in order to make profit.
    Not everyone knows about the Jxfigures page and not everyone has facebook.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  15. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Actually, ShowZStore currently has free shipping to the US by boat as long as you don't mind waiting 3 months. But then again I don't think many people here are that patient; I know I wouldn't be, and anyway I don't live in the US.

(But don't everybody rush over and buy their stock, I'm waiting for confirmation from SZS that they've got the non-paint-scratching ones before I buy. :p )

16. Genesis86

You mean the second batch? I thought the first batches are long gone. Anyways i got my second batch from Bigbadtoystore and its awesome.

Attached Files:

17. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

I imagine they're all gone too, but I don't want to drop another $200+ on this figure without being sure!

18. Genesis86

Pretty sure its second batch they got. But yea have to make sure.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Optimal koi

Optimal koi Well-Known Member

Challenge with a high kick IMG20200909191420.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

Holy cow, I just got this guy today and he's amazing. I can't get over how good he looks and how big he is. Really fantastic looking all around. The box felt surprisingly "premium" as well. Fits right in!

20200910_231333 copy.jpg

• Like Like x 14