Jerky kids their parents garage sales and dumb cats.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Plastic Man, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Plastic Man

Plastic Man The Man in Black

I fucking hate them all.

Was having a garage sale this weekend and some hillbilly kids were trashing my transformers I had for sale and broke Alt. Sidswipe. The parents weren't paying any attention to them and when they saw it they scurried their asses out of there without saying anything to us.

Other people were so cheap they wanted everything for a fucking quarter. I'm never having a garage sale again.

And then to top it off my cat knocked my G1 Mirage off my display case (where I had placed it because I was going to put it in the case) and the damn thing broke in halve. Fucking really pisses me off.

Ok, end rant.

:mad 

2. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:

Sorry to here.

3. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    if i was there i would've chased them into a river and threaten them with a knife!

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Man, that sucks. I hate it when that happens.

5. Plastic Man

Yeah me too. I happened to be distracted at the time but I knew the kids were being assholes. And I was annoyed that the parents gave two shits about what they were doing and destroying.

6. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

drown the kids. spank the kittens

7. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

I remember once upon a time when garage sales were fun. Hell, in my town you actually have to buy a permit from the township to have one now. $5 for the privledge of selling your own used crap. Worse than freakin' Ebay...

8. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Find the freaks.

Kill them.

9. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I'm surprised you tried to sell TFs in a garage sale instead of posting them in the Junkion Exchange. Even without being roughed up there was a good chance they'd fall off a table or something and get broken just with people passing by browsing through other things.

Otherwise that does sound like a pretty shitty day...

--Moony

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Yeah, the kids or their parents should have at least apologized, but never hurt the Kitties, no animal cruelty please!!

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Everybody knows you don't sell valuables at a yardsale. The only people shopping at yard sales are people trying to get stuff dirt cheap. TF's will always bring more money here on the boards or eBay.

12. Moonscream

News Credits:
    This weekend at a flea market on my street I saw a seller that had plunked down a $125 china bowl and several expensive milkglass pieces in the middle of all the cheap 50 cent dishes they had on a folding table. To me that was just totally asking for them to be accidentally damaged and thus the values ruined, and I just had to wonder what the HELL they were thinking.

--Moony

13. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Garage and yard sales are a last-ditch effort to get rid of the crap you don't want anymore. The next step is Good-will or the dump.

As stated above, you never sell valuable stuff at them.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Not much a fan of a garage sale because if you go to look then the people selling look at you like they have to make you buy something because you bothered to come check it out. Same happens at car boot sales but since there are many stalls you're not as hassled.
    Running a stall is fairly good fun. Don't enjoy the hagglers though. This is my price. Take it or leave it. Don't fucking bug me to knock 50p off the price. And then when I do don't try to get me to knock another 50p off on top.
    Also make sure you have two people running the stall. One can go for a piss while the other watches your table. Also it's useful when your stall gets busy as you have two sets of eyes to make sure someone doesn't steal something from one end while you're busy selling at the other. And one can go chase anyone that snatches something and scarpers, or breaks something and does a runner.

I'm glad people do try and sell good stuff though or I'd not have got those Omega molds or those complete G1 figures.

15. Moonscream

News Credits:
    I actually go to them all the time. You can get good household items and things there, for awfully cheap. I particularly get gardening items, like pots, and videotapes. A lot of people who go to them actually cannot afford these things new, so of course you're not going to get the same kind of clientele that you get at stores and you shouldn't expect it.

Collectibles and expensive items, tho, unless you really don't care about them and just want to get rid of them, should be sold in more proper venues.

--Moony

16. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

not hard spank. more like a tiny throwing of a small towel. or water sprayer.

garage sales are treasure troves to me.

i once found 3 TMNT volume tapes for a buck each. thats 9 episodes. it was a grand day.

17. Plastic Man

Yeah, I f'd up. I should have known.

Yup. Everybody but me. Lesson learned. BTW, I'm building a sales thread right after I post this reply. Please check it out because I have a lot of things I would like to trade for too.

I would never hurt my boy, but I did scream at him at the top of my lungs. He didn't give two shits. Just laid there waging his tail.

So I glued Mirage together in robot form and I'm just going to put him in the case and try to forget what happened to him. Doesn't look bad at all for a new statue, which most of my G1 are anyways. :cry 

Oh well, I'll get another one down the road.

18. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow, that does sound like you had a very shitty garage sale day. :(  Sorry to hear all that happened to ya, man.

But I have to agree with the others on here, you should sell your TFs at Junkion Exchange and get a better deal than at a garage/yard sale.

:lol , that's a new saying, dude!

19. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    I would.

IDK what I would do.

Fix it, then go :ev:  the people that did it.

20. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    That sucks. Sorry man.