Japanese rescue mecha - with video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokar, Feb 5, 2006.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Gezz the US military already uses drones you guys want a humanoid mech exo-suit that could be blown by a RPG?

I'd rather have a rescue mecha than a Assault Mech.

Saving lives is so much harder than killing.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yeah, we should'nt underestimate the power of the average tank either, it's firepower and mobility. What a mech gonna do, sneak up on it and grab it? Especially on rough terrains.
    Yep, a rescue mech would be more beneficial.

One jet could lay waste to an acre filled with these as well. They're the true fangs of the military beasts. Plus we can get in and out fast with them with pinpoint accuracy.

Those mechs are still cool though and love the idea of technology making em, and seeing them finally becoming a reality. If they did make em warlike, wonder if they would resemble the mechs in the Matrix.
    Don't we already have loading mechs? Almost like the one Ripley used in Aliens?

I still think it would be cool if we had some Robocops. Or some ED209's would rule.

3. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

At most a military mech would be like a military exo suit. Increasing the payload per soldier. Wich means the average soldier could lug enough firepower around to class somewhere between infantry and a haubitzer.

Matter of fact the Japanese have also made an exo suit for the use of the disabled or something like that. I have a picture somewhere but I can't bring myself to dig it up.

Anyway. On the topic of the classic image of piloted battle robots I say you investigate Votoms and Gasaraki.

Or the fact that the bigger they would get the slower and easily targetable they would get. Making anything over the size of a VW Beetle a tactic nightmare.

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow that's my dad's hometown :rock 
    Honestly the snow is very heavy where I am from.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

so, now, where's the knock off's?