Japanese Beast Wars: Japanese dub w/English subtitles?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MattOnCybertron, Aug 26, 2016.

1. MattOnCybertron

MattOnCybertron Well-Known Member

sooo much to my personal shame as someone who LOVES Beast Wars, I only this week found out about the madness that is the Japanese dub of the original series.
    Does anyone know of a way to check out that stuff with English subs? I'd love to see the reverse "Kung Pow-ing" of the show personally, especially with the awesome fansub of BWII available as a follow-up. any help in tracking that down would be much appreciated!

2. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

Not sure about subs, but TFWiki.net mentions the differences between the dub and the original episode.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Karyuudo Fansubs subtitled the Japanese-dubbed North American Beast Wars stuff that was included with the Beast Wars II DVDs, but that's all I'm aware of.

4. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    As far as I'm aware, the only episode of the Japanese dub that has been subbed back into English is "Bad Spark", which was released as part of the aforementioned BWII release from Karyuudo Fansubs (because that episode was broadcast as part of a triple-feature with the BWII movie in Japan).

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

6. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

Thanks for posting this :)  Yeah we put this one together from scratch since there was never a DVD release, and we wanted to challenge ourselves to see if we could pull off as close to 1:1 of the original VHS version. I (personally) am happy with the results. It also gives something back to the Japanese TF fan community.

7. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

We also subbed the Clash! Beast Warriors clip show that was in that set, as well as the Convoy's Great Transformation, as mentioned in my previous post. :)