James Bond: No Time To Die [November 2020]

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by MetalicGrunt, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I'm I what's your point? And no, I don't need to know everything or remember was wife's name to call my a fan.

I understand it, I just don't really care and the thing that annoys me more is when the hardcore fans act like freaking gatekeepers and act like any change is the worst thing ever!

Now can we end this pointless discussion?

2. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, back in the day I could marathon the entire Nightmare on Elm Street series in a single night (back when it was only 6 movies).
    These days I feel like I have to clear a whole afternoon for most movies.

• Like Like x 4
  3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You're the one who keeps circling back to it.

4. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was answering a question, but whatever.

5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Part of me thinks their original plan was to pass the franchise to a new 007 at the height of all the wokeness and whatnot of 2019, but they've had so much time to think about it and second guess over this long last year and a half, during which time the culture shifted again, that the super long runtime of this movie is reshoots designed to back themselves out of that original plan. And now, the new female 007 will end up being just an ally rather than a replacement. Just a feeling.

On thing that cracked me up about the featurette above is that YET AGAIN, we are doing one more lap of the "This time, the women are just as strong and capable as the men!" Which we've seen numerous times in the promotion of past Bond movies, like Halle Berry in Die Another day, or Michelle Yeoh in Tomorrow Never Dies, or even Barbara Bach way back in the Spy Who Loved Me in the 1970s. Every time, they say this like it's the first time and those past movies never existed. I mean, it's almost word for word the same thing Yeoh and Berry said back in the '90s/early 2000s. You can still find those old interviews online. It's hilarious. And by the way, do I think Lashanna Lynch is somehow going to be stronger or more capable than Michelle Yeoh? Are you kidding me?? Not going to happen.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Michelle Yeoh is the only one that actually seemed like she could kick some ass. I really liked her in Tomorrow Never Dies.

• Like Like x 2
  8. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's one from 1989:

James Bond's latest screen love-interest, actress Carey Lowell, says her character is 'not like the bimboes in the old Bond movies.'

Lowell, who plays opposite Timothy Dalton's 007 in 'License to Kill,' says in the July 11 issue of Glamour Magazine that Honor Blackman, who played Pussy Galore in 'Goldfinger,' was the most interesting Bond flame because she was cold toward's Bond's affections. 'The character she played was gay -- the perception then (in 1964) was that was the only explanation for a woman who could resist Bond's charms. With my character, you have the first heterosexual woman who's not immediately turned on by Bond.'

9. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Damn that’s cringey.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    These days they always claim they are the first to do it ever......yay us, we are so progressive...........usually they aren't and the people saying it are either just full of hyperbole or are simply ignorant of the history of the property they are in. It's always I'm so important because....., and the old thing you used to watch was so out of touch, .......insert what ever the popular agenda of the month is. They say the same crap so often it's a broken record that has lost any meaning.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I wonder if that stupid argument is still going? (checks thread)

Holy hell, really? The added wokeness complaints doesn't surprise me in a Bond thread so whatever at least to that. Should I trot out the idea of Idris Elba playing Bond for maximum dumpster fire effect or can y'all get back on track and talk about the movie?

• Like Like x 2
  12. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Let’s get back on track. We can do thread bans if that’s what the thread needs.

• Like Like x 4
  13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Good job going back 3 days and pretending it's still happening now. Then go tell teacher for the win. We've been talking about something completely unrelated since then. And there was no "wokeness complaint". Try reading instead of just scanning for words that trigger you.

We WERE talking about the movie, via the promo video posted above, until YOU showed up to re-derail with your baiting nonsense.

14. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I didn't tell "teacher" shit. If I wanted to do that, I would've done it the last and only time I posted in here. Nope, I kindly decided not to get up in y'all bullshit and kept it moving.

As far as the woke shit goes, fellas that's y'all's own words and I read just fine. Don't get pissy because you don't like your own words thrown back at you.

At any rate, when y'all decide to be solely about the movie, I'll come back. But given your demeanor I doubt that'll be anytime soon. Peace out.

EDIT: Furthermore, it doesn't matter if the last time you were arguing was 3 days ago. From my last time posting here (Aug 14th) 3 days ago is still a fucking month so yeah, you very much is still doing the same shit.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    So when do reviews start coming out?

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Read it again. I typed the word "wokenss" but not in relation to any negative opinion I had regarding them passing the 007 number on to a new character. I've said it before and I'll say it again since you seem not to read so well, despite your claims otherwise: I had and have zero problem with that idea. When 00s retire or are killed, their number gets inherited by a new agent. That's established in both the movies and the novels. You saw a word and you thought oh boy! This is your chance to scold. You either didn't really read the post or you're incapable of understanding context.

Also, on a note related to the rest of your earlier post, you can check this thread and you'll see I thought Elba would make a great Bond. That's on record. So take your smug assumptions and stuff them.

You're a petty instigator. "Wheeee it's fun to stir shit and wind people up!" Your post contained nothing about the movie you claimed you wanted to get back on track about, and you even interrupted a legitimate conversation about the movie's promotion to do it. So try looking in a mirror. And then follow your own advice and start talking about the movie.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    So...what kinda popcorn will go well with this movie? Buttered? Or non buttered?

18. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Salty, for sure.

19. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    James Bond's Daniel Craig Shares Heartfelt Goodbye on Final Day Filming No Time to Die

"A lot of people here worked on five pictures with me and I know there's a lot of things said about what I think about these films, or all of those - whatever. But I've loved every single second of these movies, and especially this one, because I've got up every morning and I've had the chance to work with you guys and that has been one of the greatest honors of my life."

Thanks Mr Craig for being a great James Bond.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I wonder how long of a break they're going to take before they pick a new actor and start again (assuming they don't stick with Lynch for a few movies, which could still happen). They used to do a new movie every two years, even if they were changing actors. But after Dalton, they've taken much longer breaks between lead actor changes, and even the wait between movies of the same actor has become longer.

Part of me feels like they should let the franchise rest for a while, but at the same time, I wonder what will happen when Cubby's daughter and stepson are no longer around to shepherd the franchise. If any studio ever gets direct control over the franchise, I can see things going completely off the rails very quickly.

• Like Like x 2