Jakks Pacific World of Nintendo Figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by EMP Starscream, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

Ouch. And I thought Kmart was high at $11....

2. Crockett

Kind of strange... every 4-5 months a random Bowser just shows up at my TRU. But the number of DK's doesn't change. Who knows where they are coming from. :lol 

Not complaining, though. I gave my NIB extra to my sister. So now I have a replacement.

3. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    its like the false Bowsers from SMB 1

the princess is in another castle

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found the latest 4" wave at Nintendo NYC today, picked up Falco and the Paratroopa. Falco's on par with Fox but has slightly better hips. His Arwing has been slightly remolded, smaller wings and nose. The Paratroopa is near perfect but lacks bicep/elbow swivels and actual knees. What look like knees in pictures are just a regular swivel and not really needed since the feet have one. It's slightly bigger than the Figuarts Troopa.

5. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Saw some new 2.5 inch stuff at TRU, including an Animal Crossing Villager and Samus. Samus looked pretty cool with a metallic paintjob, but she was a bit too pre-posed for me.

I couldn't pass up a Chain Chomp though. The teeth and eyes are separate pieces, so there's no problems with paint bleeding. And coolest of all, it uses a functional plastic chain with a piece on the end that works as a stand to keep it from rolling around. Now I need to find a Link to go with ol' Bow-Wow here.

6. Crockett

Yeah, I got Samus, Tanooki Mario, and Chain Chomp. This has been a tremendous line. I hope it keeps going.

7. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

4" Dark Link is a timed exclusive at Spencers Gift Stores.

Wat.

8. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't even know that was a thing! I think I'd brave a couple of trips to Spencers if I ever feel up to going to the mall. Once there's a sighting, of course.

9. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

They showed a picture at a convention recently that said "Available first at:" with a Spencer's logo. There's also a bronze version of Skyward Sword Link that will be Walmart exclusive.

10. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't say I'm interested in a bronze Link (can't recall ever seeing the 4" stuff at Walmart anyway), but Dark Link does look great.

Got pretty lucky today and found a black and white 8-bit Mario at Walgreens.

EDIT: Okay, so if the preorder on Spencers' website is anything to go by, Dark Link is gonna be $20. That might change things a bit...

11. Crockett

I might take a ride over to TRU later. They got the new wave in but the paratrooper was sold out.

12. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I spotted the new 4" wave at Meijer yesterday. I picked up the Windwaker Link.

13. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When is the Zelda figure coming out?

14. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apparently it didn't change a thing, because I went a got a Dark Link (sorry, "Shadow Link") :lol .

So first off, he looks pretty great. The black and grey work well, of course, and he also has silver paint on his sword and shield which look pretty fantastic.

[​IMG]

Now one issue that I noticed with both of the ones Spencers had was that the eyes don't quite match up with the sculpt and are a bit off in general.

[​IMG]

The lack of other colors kind of hides it a bit, but yeah look out for that. Speaking of, if anyone who wants to keep the packaging, good luck to ya. The two I saw had some roughed up packaging, and I hear that's a common issue.

Overall I like him, but I'm not sure that I $20 like him.

[​IMG]

15. Crockett

Couldn't be more happy with the paratrooper. Another wonderful figure in this line.

16. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Wow, that Shadow Link is a rip-off for $20.

Don't know if you guys heard, but apparently TRU is raising the prices on this line -- $12.99 for 4", $6.99 for 2.5" I believe it was.

17. Crockett

Yeah, I figured that. I got mauled with the paratrooper. :( 

18. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, definitely not great. They did send me a 20% off coupon when I gave them my email, so if one can do that before buying Shadow Link they can get him for $16.

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm just glad Meijer hasn't upped the price yet, as Target apparently just got rid of their shelf space for these.

I was really hoping to find a Paratroopa today, but alas no luck. I did manage to get Toon Link though, who is pretty cool! Only real issue with him is that he is about as hard to stand up as you would expect of a toy with a huge head and tiny feet.

19. Crockett

I've decided not to get Falco. Price is the major factor.

These were awesome when they were $9. At close to $14, not so awesome. I've been driven away from quite a few of the recent figures.

20. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I think Target might starting carrying these again soon, maybe after the current toy clearance and reset is done. I was checking stock online and suddenly a bunch of stores in my area that previously stopped carrying them now have like 12 in stock, yet they are not on the sales floor yet. So maybe keep an eye out at your local Targets for better prices.

DCPI 087060956
    http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker