Jakks Pacific World of Nintendo Figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by EMP Starscream, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

IeI'm starting to think my TRU holds the new deluxe figures in the back. They've been sitting on a bunch of pink Yoshis, two Goombas, and two 6" Donkey Kongs but I KNOW warehouse has been sending them shipments because they're constantly getting the 2.5" figures and plushies restocked, including new waves of them.

2. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

Wait, the new Link isn't in the Sheik wave? I hope my TRU didn't skip a wave.

3. redsaleen

redsaleen Well-Known Member

New stuff is sent once inventory is sold. I was told this cause people hide stuff in one of the stores I go to, the shelf has no product but there inventory shows this many on hand so no new stuff gets shipped.

4. Crockett

Yeah, we magically had 2 Bowsers show up out of nowhere about a month ago. The number of DKs stayed the same. :lol 

I was tempted to grab both them during the sale. Would have been like $12 each. I had an extra but I gave it to somebody as a present. Wish I would have grabbed those now.

5. redsaleen

Haven't seen anything but Kong and Ganondorf since Xmas

6. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

Your TRU skipped the wave with Gravity Suit Samus, OoT Link, Tanooki Mario, Shy Guy, and Fire Luigi. BBTS still has them, Link and Mario can be ordered by themselves.

The problem is that even when it sells, they still don't out new product on shelves. If anything, they get more cases of the same wave to the point no one in the area wants or needs them any more, and they stop selling. Then they sit there for months because they refuse to put shit on sale. At that point they're two waves behind.

Never even heard of a Ganondorf being stocked, and I would because the employees buy this line as soon as they're out of the case, and then brag how they've bought the only one the store has gotten while they're ringing you up for something else.

7. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Nope; OoT Link was in the previous wave (Series 1-4); Sheik and the others are Series 1-5. The Link wave showed up just before Christmas at the Targets in my area; after New Year's, Sheik wave showed up. But since Series 1-4 had such a short window I wouldn't be surprised to see it again, it's happened before.

Here's a great resource for the wave breakdowns, I find it really helpful because it's so hard to keep track:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfNintendo/wiki/index

From Series 1-5, I picked up all just in case (except Gold Mario, haven't seen him). I only opened Bowser Jr but gosh he is adorable; really fun figure.

8. Crockett

I'm going to operate under the assumption that the line is dying and order them. We all know the distribution has been getting worse and they are just as bad to search for now as Black series.

Still never seen a 2.5 inch Boo or Piranha Plant. Nor have I have ever seen the white or red Link. :lol 

I can get Tanooki and Shy guy for a fair price on Amazon, thankfully.

9. redsaleen

Only place those 2.5" were that I know of was Kmart. Red link I've seen at target, white link still waiting for a Walgreens appearance.

10. Crockett

Hope I can get good paint apps. That hasn't exactly been one of the line's strengths. :drunk 

I think "the line" is suffering because of all the extraneous crap. Ugly plushes (mostly), characters in cars, micro figurines and playsets. Best I can tell that stuff doesn't ever move. I know one of my Targets is loaded up with Yoshis and Warios. That's like 4 or 5 waves ago? Not a good sign....

11. Rewind

Rewind Swiftie

News Credits:
    The plushies and 2.5 inch figures are the ones that sell the fastest around here - especially the plushies. The only plushies I've been buying are the Zelda ones because I'm a sucker for anything Zelda.

I need that Sheik...

12. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    I just found Sheik in Southeast MN. And the rest of the wave at TrU, so keep your eyes peeled.

I only wanted Sheik, Bowser jr, and Waluigi. So I'm set for now.

13. Crockett

Got Link and Shy Guy in the mail. Man, that was fast.

I'll keep Link MOC. Maybe I'll get another one to open. Not sure.

14. Crockett

I like the Tanooki Mario isn't smiling. Looks way better, IMO.

I sincerely hope that we can get a non-smiling standard Mario from Jakks.

15. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
  16. Crockett

So today, I walk into a Walgreens and see about 60 of the 2.5 inch figures. Usually they just have 3 or 4 of them sitting there.

Sadly, no piranha plants or anything like that. :( 

17. redsaleen

Any exclusives?

18. Crockett

I... don't think so. There was toon Link and that brown Ganondorf. DK and diddy. Fire Mario and Ice Luigi. Seemed like it was all older ones.

No Boo's. :cry 

19. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    You need a Boo?

I could find a new one for you around here, but I also have one I bought for myself. I opened it, moved the arms, and then immediately put it back into the bubble. So it's basically unused. Never displayed or played with. Just moved each arm once 'cause that's all it can do and right back in the box it went. You can have it for cost plus cheapest shipping price (probably usps).

20. Crockett

Really disappointed with gold Mario. The open mouth looks even worse on that figure than it does on a painted head. And the unpainted coin is ridiculous.

Hope we don't see more lazy efforts like that going forward.