Minor/Repaint: It's Raining Guns: Siege Slamdance Fully Armed

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Seeaich, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Straight out of the box poor Slamdance seemed a tad underequipped, so I set myself about sorting that out.

RAINDANCE:
    DSC_0048.JPG
    DSC_0049.JPG
    Raindance was pretty easy, thanks to HEXBOMB leaving me with a spare pair of Sixshot missiles to sub for his Proton ones after an application of silver (actually Mr. Metal Color Aluminium to be completely accurate).

GRANDSLAM:
    DSC_0046.JPG DSC_0047.JPG

Grandslam posed the greater problem, I felt sure there was some pre-existing TF accessory that would do for his twin weapon pods but I couldn't think of what exactly.
    It took a Zen Ebay TF Accessory trawl to find and remind me of G1 Skyhopper's rocket pods, which proved to be ideal solution.

After finding they worked perfectly for tank mode, I wanted to add 5mm pegs to keep their vertical orientation in robot mode. Adding 5mm Constructbot pegs seemed the simplest solution to that but in testing proved a little more involved, it turned out that I had to shave off the rear inner projecting tab to allow for shorter pegs to keep the perfect tank mode clearance and not have the new pegs conflict with his stock central gun.
    DSC_0060.JPG DSC_0059.JPG

Speaking of the main tank gun, it took me quite an embarrassingly long time to realise that I only needed to drill a 3mm effect part peg compatible hole in the handle to get a more G1 homage mounting point for robot mode but when I did, boy, did I!
    DSC_0058.JPG

SLAMDANCE:
    DSC_0051.JPG DSC_0054.JPG DSC_0053.JPG

That is one fully equipped Journalist!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 16
  2. REM2010

REM2010 till all are one an “treated equally” as one lol

clever n cool

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Evil Warrior of Talking

News Credits:
    Neat

• Like Like x 1