It's fun-ness on a stick!

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by DilaZirK, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

... I think "Kill the Fight" fits in this context. ^^

2. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Kill the fight is nostalgic!

That's Fist of the North Star 2, there man! :D 

3. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

Have you seen the recent art styles, or that what is called art? I think the conversation was at least as good as the these days art. Or I just have an easy taste

4. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Apparently, if it seems weird to me, it's labeled as "contemporary".

5. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

DZ:

I think it helps to know a few contemporary artists. I've known a few, and they're usually really fun people, very weird and imaginative...and often rather scatterbrained. :D  I think a lot of the stuff is interpreted too solemnly by viewers, when it's created with a very playful spirit. They're like kids making mud pies. The rest of us see something to shovel off the walk, the kids see a potential pie. :D 

It took me a while to understand this. For a long time, I just saw it as an impractical waste of time, and couldn't understand why anybody would weld a bunch of scrap together, or why some poor fool would pay big bucks for it. I still don't grok the buyer's motivation, though. :D 

It's really the same spirit with which we're making our little worlds and stories here, taking something meant for one purpose and using it to show people something that we can see, that they might not have seen yet.

6. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    True, I don't know any contemporary artists personally, and I did not think to try and understand what could possibly motivate them to create what I came to perceive as junk...

That they are like kids cobbling things together, is a new perspective for me. So, thanks for that.

Still don't know why some would buy it though.

7. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

The motivation is good, can't argue that. I might even dare to say that the motivation hasn't ever been better than nowadays, but only the presentation is a bit.... let's call it enthousiastic, a bit too enthousiastic. Like the cloaca machine of Wim Delvoye here in Belgium. Don't really understand how a sh*tmaking machine that eats real food can be called art, rather put it in the terms of science and healthcare, but art?

8. Squishy

Squishy the squishy one

Glad to see you're still around pumpin out comics Dila. Most of the comics are completely new to me. Nice to catch up with an old favorite :) 

9. Goji

Goji Diaclone Reboot is ruining my life

well in gundam 0079 when amuro senses somthing there is this ping and a lightning bolt that gose across is forhead

10. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

MAN! I’d forgotten how hard it was to plan, shoot and ‘shop fight scenes. How does Pol do it, churning out Mega Awesome fight-scene updates every week? @_@

Although, this is the most time and effort I’ve ever spent on any one fight scene to date (one that’s not even over!), and yet I’m...not very happy with how it turned out. Not so much on the effects, but the overall presentation and delivery, somehow...

Perhaps this fight just doesn’t have any emotions or motivations riding on it, it’s as random and purposeless as it gets: Nameless baddies jobbing to Arnval.

I could also be disheartened that I spent the most time and effort on something that has comparatively less meaning than my other fight scenes... I mean, this whole fight scene is a necessary prelude of what’s to come, but that’s about it.

...well, perhaps you all may appreciate it more than I did.

P.S. – By the way, my thanks to CI for the explosion tutorial from which I plagiarized from to be used in this very comic.

11. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Well, I can easily say that it still is worth the effort, as you don't leave anythin' in the dark at all. :D 

... and kept it quite awesome too. ^_^ You just felt the clunky but powerful presence of the Iron Monger easily, for example. Like when he punched her down and crouched to lift'er and... damn, the Halo baddie sure had a creepy line at the end :D 

12. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

DZ:

No need to be so modest! That was awesome! :rock  :rock  and a third :rock !

It's always fun to see your Arnval kickin' butt with the lightsabers & shooting, and this was especially neat in the way she plays one enemy against another, up to the ultra-badaft conclusion, sticking the gun in the tank's bizarre mouth in mid-chomp. Of course that isn't quite the conclusion, is it?

:popcorn 

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Man, what an intense fight so far... hopefully Arnval will triumph in the end.

14. Squishy

Squishy the squishy one

It was beautiful work as always, looking forward to the next installment. :) 

15. Young Optimus14

Young Optimus14 MTMTE Theorist

:popcorn  I liked the guy who got his arm chopped off. And yes I do not know who any of the guys Arnval is fighting are.

16. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :bay  Awesome

17. halconfenix

halconfenix Through the fire and the flames

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    10x:bay  for you!

that was totally awesome!

18. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

Hmm!! I like the battle scenes! :thumb  :thumb  The part where the tank robot nearly chomped Arnval was quite amusing. :lol  I guess it's because the tank robot looked weird..

Well, given the workload you have and how much time you got to work on comics, this isn't too bad. :)  You managed to pull out some nice sneaky attacks and the camera angles were pretty good. :thumb 

Like you, I also envy not only Pol but CI who can make such great battle choreography. But hey, your effects are very good! So don't feel so bad about it. :) 

19. King Waspinator

King Waspinator Well-Known Member

Awesome

20. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :lolol 

only a brute would make that type of conclusion