It was all a trick.

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Julliant, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

ZOMFG!!11! 'VERYBODY PAAANIIIIC!!1!!1

2. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Opinions are appreciated but I don't get why some people who have posted here take this like some kind of insult against them :rolleyes2  Is it against the rules or something to just post an opinion?

Anyway maybe I'm ignorant but I always thought anime is the popular style now, like Naruto and stuff. That's the impression I get anyway, don't know how well Teen Titans did.

3. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers Animated isn't anime style.

4. Julliant

Never said it is.

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I think some people get a biiiit offended by 'most of us' blanket statements. I know I do.

I don't think it was a trick. They needed to take things in a fresh, new direction after the last three series, and IMO get Cartoon Network more invested in the series so they wouldn't continue to screw around with the schedule. Plus, quite a few fans have been calling for an American-initiated series for a long time, and IIRC Hasbro indicated they weren't happy with the last three, either. So why wouldn't they give a style that's been successful for other shows a try as soon as they got the chance?

--Moony

6. Julliant

I get what you mean, but firstly its an opinion and I clearly said I wanted to know what you guys feel too, plus its not like I said 'most of us think it sucks' or anything like that, just 'most of us didn't think it would do as good as it has'. :( 

7. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

IT'S A TRICK!

Transformers Animated is made of PEOPLE!

PEOPLE!

Sorry, couldn't resist. What's the point of this topic again?

8. Julliant

Just talk about what you think is the reason behind the decisions of TFA, and the pros and cons etc :) 

9. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:

That... is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Promotion doesn't work that way, you know. You're supposed to build expectations if you want to draw an audience, not lower them. (Viral marketing these days is top drawer for that.) I think the obvious answer to this topic is that fans who dismissed the series for its unorthodox style found themselves pleasantly surprised. Hasbro had no intention of downplaying the show.

10. Julliant

As far as the fans are concerned, we'd watch it regardless. Promotion can work two ways, for the old fans as well as the young generation. Its just my guess anyway :redface2: , firstly, who knows. Secondly, you don't have to take it so seriously, its just an opinion/guess over a small matter. Cheers.

11. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

OMG i knew it!! its the reptile pepole doing it isent it!!! AND THE ANIMATED TRANSFORMERS ARE JUST WATCHING!!!

12. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    When Armada was first made, anime was popular. It was simply riding on the popularity of anime series that were aimed at a young audience.

After anime, Teen Titans-style worked, so obviously they capitalised on it.

13. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

That and the fact that when we DO get what we want it's presumed that Hasbro will do anything for us.

But I know better since they are NOT Fairy Botmothers. (So to speak!)

14. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    I dont take it as an insult I find it highly amusing how many 'fans' dont seem to really understand that Transformers is first and foremost a CHILDRENS TOY LINE and being a CHILDRENS TOY LINE it will always be most important to sell TOYS TO CHILDREN. The fans make up enough of the buying percentage and more to the point hasbro are willing to do things for us up to a point where it doesnt hurt sales with their core audience.

This is why they are willing to throw in the G1 nods and such because it wont hurt connecting with their core audience but is a nice little nod to those of us adults that have a fetish for buying childrens toys.

The way you expressed your first post implied that you believe that satisfaction of adult fans is the primary goal of the Hasbro TF team and im sorry it just isnt, they do what they can for us but we are second fiddle if not 3rd, 4th or 5th if we were the core audience there probably would be no cartoon and the toys would only really be sold in comic shops.

15. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No they aren't. Just literally do G1 all over.

• Get an animation company to do a TF Classics cartoon just like the Sunbow cartoons were, animation-wise.
    • For Classics, just use today's engineering to re-make those old characters cartoon accurate, but update the Vehicle Modes and Sizes (if they can be updated...looks at Soundwave).
    • Lastly make the fiction consistent and well thought out. Like make the cartoon BW intelligent and deep without the slapstick. Make the tech specs match the characters on the show and movies.

There you have it.

16. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    IT'S A TRAP! errr, I mean TRICK!

Nah, just sound decisions from Hasbro to keep their franchise healthy, that's all, no tricks involved.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Admiral Akabar, is that you??

18. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Really? So you never said that most of us thought it was crap? You're saying you didn't infact say that in your opening post?

Now maybe in your mind the words 'suck' and 'crap' are completely and utterly different things. But they're not in mine, and indeed i wager, anyone elses.

Aside from pointing out your blatent contradiction, I'll jump on the bandwagon of people pointing out that the idea the most people hated the idea or the product is just plain wrong.

It has been done in a style that cna be reffered to as 'Teen Titans'ish because it works for the aesthetic they wanted to bring and indeed TT was exceptionally popular as far as I know.

Has bro does not aim the shows at us the collectors, so at no point are they going to do any 'tricks' to make us think one thing and then go the other. We are very lucky that Hasbro cares about the collectors enough at all to even bother with the homages in the first place...

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You know the most annoying thing about Animated? The resurgence in people who seem to think they speak for everyone.
    Which, incidentally....
    THEY DON'T.

Please stop it.

20. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I like Transformers animated.

It's fun to watch.

My kids think it's fun to watch too.