It was all a trick.

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Julliant, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I think so.

They deliberately went the Teen Titan style art to lower our expectations because they knew we'd still watch it anyway, because we'd be dying to know how it turns out anyway.

So yea, they went that way just to lower the expectations first, and hide all the goodies like the homages, great voice acting and good storyline. First most of us think its crap but as watch episode by episode every week we like it more and more because of the homages, easter eggs and undeniably the best Megatron ever.

Yeap, I think it was all a trick to satisfy us. Transformer fans are tough to please.

What do you guys think?

2. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe or they could just be stupid

3. Julliant

Maybe I'm overestimating them :rolleyes:  But its a fact that most of that totally hated whatever will come our way when we first saw the teasers actually like it, or find it decent to watch now.

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Stupid like a fox. :ev: 

5. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

The thing is, Teen titans wasn't actually bad, as far as kid's cartoons go it was in fact pretty good and performed very well. And I think that's much more of a motivator for Hasbro.

6. Julliant

The art style, nothing to do with the actual Teen Titans show. We didn't think it fit Transformers.

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Who's this we you speak of?

8. Julliant

Well most TF fans didn't think Transformers drawn like Teen Titans would work.

9. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Like Bobby C said, they made the cartoon like that to attract the younger audience...you know, keep the ball rolling from TFTM 07....thats what younger kids are used to I guess...the "Teen Titan" style of animation.

And like you are saying Julliant....they hooked the long time fan, like myself, with the hommages and what nots...

SQ7 and I were talking about this the other day...its a "cycle" with TF's....hook them young, develope the line along with the age group that is hooked...as the newest age group "evolves" so does the line.... then wipe the slate clean and start fresh to hook the next batch of youngsters

10. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Doesn't matter whether it was a way to fool us or not.

I do agree however that Transformers fans are hard to please.

11. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thread makes no sense. There is no secret meaning behind a certain percentage of people who don't like this kind of stylized, simple style. It's just aesthetic preference. If anything my expectations were higher seeing as they were actually trying something new and creative.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The reasoning behind their choice of Animation style, is that it's popular with kids these days, and would go over well with the target audience. I personally like it, and really like how they've been able to translate the look over into the toy line. The only thing I'm dissapointed in to any degree is that the line is being delayed, but, if it means that Hasbro is able to bring in more money for future lines, I'll be patient and make the best of the wait.

13. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cartoons for kids
    nice homages for Adults

everyone wins

14. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    could it be because our wants are always changing? :) 

15. Sir_Sapphire

Sir_Sapphire Well-Known Member

Or maybe they were tired of drawing talking stacks of boxes.

16. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    You're mistaking volume for quantity. Just because there were a lot of complaints doesn't mean there were a lot of critics. It was just a few vocal detractors.

17. Julliant

You might be right. :rolleyes: 

Anyone notice that they stopped making the Autobots do funny gestures while in car mode to make it painfully obvious they're talking? They only did that for the 90 minute mini-movie.

18. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I personally hate the art designs. I think they are horrible looking and I know I would have found it that way at a younger age as well. That said I continue to watch despite this because of the homages and decent storyline.

19. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Yeah they did it it to trick adult fans into liking it by lowering our expectations then delivering on storyline, character development and G1 Nods.........or they went with an animation style that is popular at the moment with their core audience (shock horror you mean that kids are the core audience for toys blasphemer) and delivered on storyline and character development to make an engaging show to sell their toys and threw in alot of G1 and general mythos nods as easter eggs to adult fans hmmmm its a hard one but Im gonna have to go with the latter.

20. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

It is a trick! it turns out we are the show and the animated transformers are watching us!!!1!